:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Offseason Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Loss still is bothersome but give it at a few more days and we'll be alright. Got the core still and got Brock. Who will only get better with that added Championship as experience.
Stay the course with the roster. Our guys had it this year. Besides the punt return error, our coach needs to take more accountability and find a way to make better decisions by doing the things that got you there in the first place. We need an OC to relieve pressure and duties. Kittle had to show up this game. KS needed to scheme our playmakers, they were so non-existent.

What’s wild is I was nowhere near as pissed as I thought I would be after the game. Which is totally different than how I was after the first Chiefs Super Bowl. I felt that 2019 team overachieved, and it was going to be tough to make another deep run with Jimmy as the qb. Apparently they felt the same way given the trade they made a year later.

After the game Sunday I was thinking about how fun it was going to games this year, the playoff comebacks, chopping it up regularly in here and with fans in other groups. It’s been a fun last few months even if it didn’t end how we all hoped it would.

This time around, it really seems like they have a culture in place. It feels like they expect to be back and expectations are back to what they once were and they aren’t going to screw it up like how they did at the end of the Harbaugh years. It almost feels like how I’m sure the Chiefs felt after losing that first AFC Championship game to the Patriots in overtime in 2019 As much as it sucks, there’s no shame in losing to the Chiefs. Mahomes and that organization have been that team that’s denied plenty of good teams a shot at the trophy.

There’s a path right back to the Super Bowl next year. The Lions, Cowboys, Rams, Eagles and Packers. All good teams. But none of them scream dominant powerhouse to me at all.

I get the fire Shanny statements but going on a long playoff run and firing HC and his staff after all the other teams got an early jump on the offseason coaching hires is not a good look. Sure we can sign Belichek but who gonna be OC, DC, etc you left with the leftover of assistant coaches. Belichek only got one interview because he wanted full control over roster etc.

I think we’re hella emotional and trying to find a place to lay the blame :lol:

I’m definitely not in the camp of fire shanahan, and at the same time, I’m starting to think there needs to be someone on that sideline to check him on his playcalling especially when it starts to get extremely one-dimensional.

Yall talkin bout the same Bill that got his team a 3rd overall pick this year?

There’s a reason why several teams passed on him for their HC spot. Y’all are wild man

I’ll get off my box defending Kyle cause all this complaining ain’t gonna get him fired anyways.

I think we’re hella emotional and trying to find a place to lay the blame :lol:

I’m definitely not in the camp of fire shanahan, and at the same time, I’m starting to think there needs to be someone on that sideline to check him on his playcalling especially when it starts to get extremely one-dimensional.
Agreed. Idk why we thought Lynn was gonna be that. Dude can’t even manage a game himself in San Diego.

Waiting for someone wild to say we need
Matt Patricia

Kyle just need to look in the mirror man. I wish we could get another guy there to help save him from himself but that’s prob never gonna happen lol

Brock played cool but there’s def room for improvement from him that being said I believe he takes a step forward in the right direction (hopefully game slows down a little and he gets better at recognizing things pre snap)

What’s wild is I was nowhere near as pissed as I thought I would be after the game. Which is totally different than how I was after the first Chiefs Super Bowl. I felt that 2019 team overachieved, and it was going to be tough to make another deep run with Jimmy as the qb. Apparently they felt the same way given the trade they made a year later.

After the game Sunday I was thinking about how fun it was going to games this year, the playoff comebacks, chopping it up regularly in here and with fans in other groups. It’s been a fun last few months even if it didn’t end how we all hoped it would.

This time around, it really seems like they have a culture in place. It feels like they expect to be back and expectations are back to what they once were and they aren’t going to screw it up like how they did at the end of the Harbaugh years. It almost feels like how I’m sure the Chiefs felt after losing that first AFC Championship game to the Patriots in overtime in 2019 As much as it sucks, there’s no shame in losing to the Chiefs. Mahomes and that organization have been that team that’s denied plenty of good teams a shot at the trophy.

There’s a path right back to the Super Bowl next year. The Lions, Cowboys, Rams, Eagles and Packers. All good teams. But none of them scream dominant powerhouse to me at all.

NFC is still up for grabs and with the niners bringing back most of their core, i think our squad still comes out of the conference. assuming there’s no catastrophic injury. I think that’s what hurts most about sunday’s L, this team was as healthy as they’ve ever been heading into the game —hella hard to replicate that.

Getting the detroit lions and KC at home are huge: one to possibly win any tie breakers with another nfc team and the other to finally get a monkey off their back

Next year, i hope shanahan doesn’t ride CMC the same way he did in the regular season. need to see him give Eli Mitchell some carries so he’s even more ready come playoffs. EMitch looked good in the few touches he had in the nfccg and SB

NFC is still up for grabs and with the niners bringing back most of their core, i think our squad still comes out of the conference. assuming there’s no catastrophic injury. I think that’s what hurts most about sunday’s L, this team was as healthy as they’ve ever been heading into the game —hella hard to replicate that.

Getting the detroit lions and KC at home are huge: one to possibly win any tie breakers with another nfc team and the other to finally get a monkey off their back

Next year, i hope shanahan doesn’t ride CMC the same way he did in the regular season. need to see him give Eli Mitchell some carries so he’s even more ready come playoffs. EMitch looked good in the few touches he had in the nfccg and SB

Yeah, aside from Hufanga, the no major injuries this season. It’s hard to get that. That’s not guaranteed next season or beyond that. I hope they have similar luck next season. Because that’s really half the battle.

Given that this is such a qb centric league. The fact that Purdy managed to start every game (not counting week 18) after coming off a major injury That’s a very good sign moving forward. As for CMC. I’m sure he wants his carries. But if they can give Mitchell more touches. It eases his load and I much prefer CMC being a workhorse in January as opposed to in October against the Cardinals.

As for the 49ers. Outside of an injury plagued 2020, they’ve been consistent. The two most successful teams over the last 2 decades (Patriots and Chiefs) They made/make the playoffs regularly. They won/win their division regularly. Getting to the dance regularly and normalizing that means they get more cracks at the Super Bowl.

Greenlaw done for the year. No telling if Hufunga will be the same. He was already not the fastest guy out there. We cant miss in the draft.

I get the fire Shanny statements but going on a long playoff run and firing HC and his staff after all the other teams got an early jump on the offseason coaching hires is not a good look. Sure we can sign Belichek but who gonna be OC, DC, etc you left with the leftover of assistant coaches. Belichek only got one interview because he wanted full control over roster etc.
Shanny shouldn't be fired, but I think he should definitely have to hire an offensive coordinator. He has to entrust someone else to make calls on offense; or atleast someone to challenge him on what's being called

No one has mentioned any specific offensive coordinator. Just saying they need to hire one. If Eric Bienamy is the choice, then great.

Injuries pretty much is what kept niners out of playoffs in past years with jimmy getting hurt in kc game, kittle getting hurt not playing in portion of the season, and it just kept happening throughout the years, last year was the year most players played the most games. Hopefully next season can be a mirror of this season. But we shall see.

My biggest concern about next year is health. The roster and core is there to make another run, but this team is aging. Need to hit in this draft and get younger. I just have trouble seeing all these guys be as healthy as they were this year.

1707932060419.png

Back
Top Bottom