:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Offseason Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
All that said. While I’m not opposed to them firing Wilkes given the circumstances. It’s on Kyle to get the new defensive coordinator hiring right. If the replacement is a downgrade from Wilkes and they regress on that end. It should be Kyle who ends up feeling the heat for that move.

Bro just find a new team to root for then. He isnt going anywhere. Purdy isnt going anywhere. Gotta live with it or dont.
New team? Lol. I been die hard 49ers since we drafted Montana.

And I will continue to be critical of Shanahan and continue to BASH his xxx for choking until he PROVES TO ME he is a championship winning coach.

You know what else?

Every game next year is.....

KYLE SHANAHAN'S SUPER BOWL, including the Damm preseason!

The defense held up in the game. Kyle should relieve himself of play calling duties because if you told me before this game that you hold KC under 30 pts I would say with our offense we won that game.

I can't stand that mfer

He turned our franchise into the Buffalo Bills because of his EGO, STUBBORNNESS, and NARCISSTIC nature.

That's not MY leader.

With all the hype about him being this genius type coach, he still got A LOT to prove to me and everyone should feel the same

As of today, Shanahan ain't nothing but a hype job who is overrated as a "championship level coach."
Unfortunately he won’t be fired as two sb appearance and four nfc title appearances will keep him employed so just have to hope he wins one at least. Sean Payton would’ve been a heck of a coach. I also like mcvay and even packers coach would’ve been nice.

Unfortunately he won’t be fired as two sb appearance and four nfc title appearances will keep him employed so just have to hope he wins one at least. Sean Payton would’ve been a heck of a coach. I also like mcvay and even packers coach would’ve been nice.
Agreed. Kyle ain't going nowhere.

Heck, Jed York's hands and mouth are so deep inside Shanahan's pants that even if Kyle started the season 2-7 next year he still wouldn't get fired. :lol:

And I will continue to be critical of Shanahan and continue to BASH his xxx for choking until he PROVES TO ME he is a championship winning coach.

You know what else?

Damn. Montana was drafted in 79. Even if you were a young kid when he was drafted, that makes you 50 or older? Would never have been able to guess that based on your posting style.

Damn. Montana was drafted in 79. Even if you were a young kid when he was drafted, that makes you 50 or older? Would never have been able to guess that based on your posting style.
I'm "old" only by age and only by all my gray-hairs.

If you ever been on the nba thread, folks been known to make fun of my black and white high school basketball action pics :lol:

Y’all are coming around on #narcissist Kyle.

Wilks def got the scapegoat treatment. Kyle hoped he was gonna be able to clean up his mistakes.

Even the players have looked dumbfounded. I just feel bad for them. Like you grind all year and your coach is unprepared. Every year it’s something new he forgot to do.

Y’all are coming around on #narcissist Kyle.

Wilks def got the scapegoat treatment. Kyle hoped he was gonna be able to clean up his mistakes.

Even the players have looked dumbfounded. I just feel bad for them. Like you grind all year and your coach is unprepared. Every year it’s something new he forgot to do.
Lombardi nails it here. He said Kyle's hiring of Wilks was "overambitious", thinking Wilks could come in, improve the secondary play, not bring in any of his assistants yet learn the 9ers defensive schemes that was built over the last 6 years with Saleh and Demeco and be expected to keep the defense a top 3 defense in the league.

The fact the defense regressed this year was the ultimate factor in his firing.

Hindsight is 20/20, but a fact overlooked is how Kyle outsmarted himself once again with the Wilks hire.

Don’t like the firing. We held mahomes to 1 touchdown and it came after a special teams turnover that gave him the ball in the red zone. The defense was not the issue.

With those weapons and 2 weeks to prepare, our playcalling was terrible. The decision to get the ball first knowing you would get a possession either way was so bad someone should’ve intervened jaemis Winston style. You know what you need getting it second and opens up the playbook outside fg range. Hell, getting it second even gives our defense a chance to win by getting a turnover.

Every interview from kyle should begin and end with, “I ****ed up.”

Hunt over York
Spagnulo over Wilks
Reid over Shanahan
Mahomes and Kelce over the entire 9er D
#BrainsOverBrawn

The entire team, including the owners, need to look at themselves in the gotdamn mirror

The Chiefs are exactly what OUR 49ERS were in the 1980s.

Last edited:
It’s not a 1 game issue that got him fired. Clearly throughout the season there was a disconnect between him and the players. We might never know the specifics of it, but canning him a year after bringing him on is the proverbial way of Kyle saying “I made a mistake.” Wilks’ name was not brought up for any of the head coaching vacancies, I don’t remember him being interviewed. So it’s either go through another season of disconnect or find someone else. Kyle chose to begin the search, I respect the decision.

Lombardi nails it here. He said Kyle's hiring of Wilks was "overambitious", thinking Wilks could come in, improve the secondary play, not bring in any of his assistants yet learn the 9ers defensive schemes that was built over the last 6 years with Saleh and Demeco and be expected to keep the defense a top 3 defense in the league.

The fact the defense regressed this year was the ultimate factor in his firing.

Hindsight is 20/20, but a fact overlooked is how Kyle outsmarted himself once again with the Wilks hire.

Thats the thing. You cannot run the same scheme 6 years straight. We should have let Wilks run his own scheme. Defense will be far worst than 7th next year. We have big names there but the game is not matching up. And they will be older

I thought I was the old one of the group :lol:
pHb82xtBPfqEg.gif

Thats the thing. You cannot run the same scheme 6 years straight. We should have let Wilks run his own scheme. Defense will be far worst than 7th next year. We have big names there but the game is not matching up. And they will be older
You might be right. Going to be interesting who replaces Wilks.

And that's why the draft is key as well. We gotta replenish. Especially at linebacker. Burks is basura

You know what else?

Became a fan because of the fact in 86 when Montana got hurt by giants I got pissed and hoped they would get revenge. First time I saw nfl back then. I backed 49ers since. Never knew they won two sb already until I bought history of the sb nfl films.

Back
Top Bottom