:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Offseason Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If I was willing to let bygones be bygones with Sherm, I can do the same for PC. SF born. George Seifert protégé. Would get to play Harbaugh every preseason. His scheme fits our personnel. Perfect fit.

Facts. Granted he was already a coordinator with the team in the mid 90’s. But it would be just like the Sherman situation. Abruptly left the Seahawks under circumstances he probably wasn’t expecting to happen. Goes to the 49ers and ends up doing a complete 180 like Sherman did.

Granted even though I couldn’t stand him on the Seahawks. Once the whole backstory on the Sherman and Crabtree situation came out. I was much more understanding to Sherman’s perspective. Especially with it being someone like Crabtree who I really didn’t care for much and really only tolerated because he was wearing a 49ers jersey.

I feel like the game left Bill behind.

Same here. I look at older coaches like Pete Carroll and Andy Reid and see a willingness to be flexible and adapt while it’s more of a my way or the highway approach with Belicheck.

Even with the post Brady years not doing him any favors, I don’t see any willingness to compromise on his end. Likely played a role in him not landing any head coaching jobs this offseason. Him as the defensive coordinator on any good team has the potential to be a combustible situation quickly if it doesn’t work out.

IMG_1639.png

don’t see bill coming here like y’all said
Him and Kyle prob butt heads

Staley is trash lol

PC?? It’s a lot of hatred there man lmao

This how I feel about Kyle and the 9ers "braintrust" right now as they consider hiring Staley, who gave up 70 points to non-playoff team this year....

#BunchofIdiots.

Nothing but Facts from Stephen A.

Exactly what I would tell Shanahan if I saw him in person!

meh, he contradicts himself. you can’t say that shanahan has the right to say it wasn’t a good fit (which it wasn’t) and then say you’re disgusted by his decision. that’s all click bait headline BS. what he actually means is that he feels bad for Wilks for going into a job that’s wasn’t right for him and ultimately getting let go, which i agree with. he’s a good dude just not the right fit for this defense. im
sure he’ll land another gig that will be better for him

The difference between Bill Walsh 4x Super Bowl Champion and Kyle "0-3" Shanahan is Bill paid very close attention to DETAIL. Kyle doesn't.

meh, he contradicts himself. you can’t say that shanahan has the right to say it wasn’t a good fit (which it wasn’t) and then say you’re disgusted by his decision. that’s all click bait headline BS. what he actually means is that he feels bad for Wilks for going into a job that’s wasn’t right for him and ultimately getting let go, which i agree with. he’s a good dude just not the right fit for this defense. im
Stephen A definitely sticking up for Wilks but he still speaking facts about Kyle's poor SB numbers and his choking ways ntm taking an indirect shot at Kyle never taking accountability.

The more Kyle feels the heat and the criticism from EVERYBODY, the more he will humble his young self and the end result is hopefully great wisdom after multiple failures so he can make smarter decisions in the future.

Also, I think ultimately it seems like Steve was made a scapegoat because of the quick, sudden firing, only 72 hours removed from the Super Bowl that caught everyone offguard. It's a bad look on Kyle indeed.

Last edited:

Exactly. Hell there was grumbling about Wilks not being a good fit gong back to October after the Vikings and Bengals games. Hell there was even some chatter about moving on from him during the bye. I’m sure it actually happening was a complete longshot, but there was talk sports media wise on if the 49ers should move on from him during the bye.

It wasn’t a good fit. It doesn’t make Wilks any less of a coach, sometimes pairings don’t work. I’ll go as far to say that even if they won, there was no guarantee he would’ve been back next season for that reason. It sucks for Wilks. Shanahan was bound to catch heat for the firing given the timing of everything. But better to fire him now as opposed to dragging this out, trying to force it and both sides being worse off as a result next season.

Back
Top Bottom