:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Offseason Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Need this draft process to happen so we can stop being so damn depressed in this thread. Where’s red at with a 7 round mock
We have something better than Red. Here we go

IMG_1076.jpeg

1st pick has to be RT. Possible Trent replacement.

2nd pick has to be RG.

3rd and 4th picks we go interior DLine. We spending 40m a year on Armstead and Hargrave to get no production. I choose the youth & lets get some of that money to use in free agency.

5th pick Brenden Rice. No complaints here.

They need to nail these next 2 drafts. With the main focus on what’s coming up in April.

Salary cap hell and having to inevitably part ways with familiar faces sucks. But having quality reinforcements on team friendly contracts through the draft significantly lessens the blow. Especially knowing roster turnover is inevitable and even championship teams often have lots of interchangeable pieces.

Ideally something with Aiyuk ends up happening. But if it doesn’t, it’s not a doom and gloom scenario if they get it right trade wise. I’m bracing myself for all possible scenarios on that end.

If Purdy only has an extra 0.5 second. That was an automatic DOT.

We keeping Deebo or Aiyuk? Aiyuk is great. Awesome blocker, better route running and younger. Deebo makes our offense more dynamic, sets the tone. But is always missing games or getting hurt.

I believe if Purdy is the goods. He can feed a bunch of different receivers and help them get theirs. RN with the value for Aiyuk, I am keeping Deebo over him. Who are you keeping?

Guys let’s be real. This was good barbershop or “water cooler” talk but Big Bill ain’t comin to sf as a DC. Dude would rather take a year off and see how the HC market looks next season. At the lowest he’d be a senior advisor for a team

Ideally something with Aiyuk ends up happening. But if it doesn’t, it’s not a doom and gloom scenario if they get it right trade wise. I’m bracing myself for all possible scenarios on that end.

If we trade Aiyuk for salary cap reasons, I am going to be absolutely livid if we draft a WR with the pick we get for him. It would be the stupid Deforest Buckner situation all over again. IF we HAVE to trade Aiyuk, trade him and sink what we get for him into the OL.

(I am NOT saying I want this player I am about to use as an example) Look at the 2023 free agent WR list. I would much rather sink $8.5M/yr into a JuJu Smith-Schuster player and draft an OL, than simply draft a WR with whatever pick we get for him. That would be a major downgrade. If we are able to bolster the OL and also pick up a serviceable to good WR on the free agent list, that would be much better for the success of the team than just drafting his replacement. Kyle has a hard time trusting young WRs. Remember Aiyuk himself was in the doghouse early on in his career. Getting an OL that could provide immediate help will be better for the team than a drafted WR who wont do much of anything for a year or 2.

I’ve really grown to appreciate Aiyuks game these last few seasons and I would be happy if he signed long term. Especially if behind the scenes he really wants to be a 49er long term.

But you have to seriously consider trading him on your terms as well if the offers are good and they trust their ability to fill areas of need with the draft compensation they would get. Only thing that has me skeptical is that aside from Bosa and Aiyuk, a lot of their draft success has been more in the later rounds.

They botched the Buckner trade trying to replace him with Kinlaw. On the flip side, the Vikings traded Diggs and were able to successfully replace him with Justin Jefferson. The Chiefs traded Tyreek Hill, which I’m pretty sure was an unpopular move. It allowed them the flexibility to make other moves to help their team. Granted having Mahomes makes losing a WR of that caliber much easier. But they also managed to ultimately land a stud young receiver in the draft with Rashee Rice.

At the end of the day, you gotta leave your options open. But if they trade Aiyuk for a 1st round pick. They better absolutely hit on that pick with whatever route they go draft wise.

If Purdy only has an extra 0.5 second. That was an automatic DOT.

We keeping Deebo or Aiyuk? Aiyuk is great. Awesome blocker, better route running and younger. Deebo makes our offense more dynamic, sets the tone. But is always missing games or getting hurt.

I believe if Purdy is the goods. He can feed a bunch of different receivers and help them get theirs. RN with the value for Aiyuk, I am keeping Deebo over him. Who are you keeping?
hate to say it but i think i might lean towards BA man

best ability is availability

If we gotta choose between paying Deebo or paying Aiyuk, I'm going with Aiyuk.

Deebo is past his prime imo. BA is only going to get better as a pass catcher, especially with Purdy.

Funny how Deebo's numbers were much better with check down artist Jimmy than they are with expert gunslinger and top 5 passer Brock.

I say we trade Deebo for a couple first and second rounders.

Then draft Brendan Rice in case Jennings leaves.

Aiyuk then becomes the unquestioned #1 WR on the team. 100+ receptions, 1,600+ yards, 10+ TD's next year, EASILY

If we gotta choose between paying Deebo or paying Aiyuk, I'm going with Aiyuk.

Deebo is past his prime imo. BA is only going to get better as a pass catcher, especially with Purdy.

Funny how Deebo's numbers were much better with check down artist Jimmy than they are with expert gunslinger and top 5 passer Brock.

I say we trade Deebo for a couple first and second rounders.

Then draft Brendan Rice in case Jennings leaves.

Aiyuk then becomes the unquestioned #1 WR on the team. 100+ receptions, 1,600+ yards, 10+ TD's next year, EASILY
Deebo wouldn’t yield anything better than a 1st IMO.

deebo couldnt get opened in the SB.
We going to rely on talents like Ronnie Bell to get us the Dub 😂
According to yall no one could get open due to O line issues. I think we should keep Jennings and go for a bigger reciever like Tee Higg

Back
Top Bottom