:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [1-1 @Rams 9/22 1:25PST]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just booked a flight out to San Fran for a friend's wedding in November, unfortunately the 9ers are out of town in NO, was hoping to check out the new stadium.

With that being said, much appreciated if you guys could put me on to a couple of spots to watch some football in town.

Is there a Patriots bar?

well that sucks 
mean.gif

Nice that we got Ian Williams back. I wonder what kind of shape he is in and if he will be playing a significant snap count this upcoming preseason game or if they will ease him back in.

that boy eating 
pimp.gif
 one of the main things i was hoping would happen after we drafted him. #lynchmobb
Aaron Lynch has put on 30 pounds this offseason

The San Francisco 49ers have been able to work with Aaron Lynch to get him back up over his weight at Notre Dame. He told the media he gained 30 pounds, which puts him at 276 pounds. WOW.

Some of the other beat writers have hit on this already (MaioccoInman), but I couldn't pass up writing about a sizable appetite! Outside linebacker Aaron Lynch  spoke with the media Wednesday before practice, and he informed that he has gained 30 pounds this offseason, climbing from 246 pounds to 276 pounds. He said he weighed around 270 at Notre Dame, but then the last the weight due to his Adderall prescription at USF.

Lynch talked about the 49ers  weight program, but also discussed the food options:

"We have these amazing chefs here that make whatever you want," Lynch said. "Coach Harbaugh says, ‘If you want two steaks, three steaks, take 'em home with you.'

"I guess that's how I kind of gained a lot of weight: eating steaks and thick salads."

I can only imagine how awesome it would be take quality steaks home with me. I need to talk with SB Nation about this!

This kind of weight gain would appear to make Lynch the heaviest linebacker on the team. Aldon Smith is listed at 265 pounds, but obviously we cannot be positive of current weight. Whatever Smith's current weight, we just know that Lynch is a big boy. Additionally, he has the serious arm length to go with his size. He measured in at the Combine at 34 inches. For comparison, Aldon Smith measured in at 35 3/8 inches. That's a whole lot of wingspan bringing the heat.

Lynch has a huge opportunity in front of him with Aldon Smith's potential suspension. Corey Lemonier would seem to be the front-runner to get the bulk of the playing time, with Dan Skuta getting a sizable amount as well. Lynch was unable to fully participate in much of the offseason workout program due to a hamstring issue. He missed the start of camp on the PUP list, but is now active. He got 9 special teams snaps on Thursday, and I imagine he gets some real defensive work on Sunday. He has a lot of work to do, but if he can impress these next three games, it could earn him a little bit of playing time.

Given how big he has gotten, one has to wonder if the 49ers will focus him on nickel defensive end work this year. We don't know how this weight gain will impact his speed, but he could potentially be a solid pure rushing option off the edge in passing situations. The 49ers nickel pass rush depth could be kind of ridiculous, with Lynch joining Corey Lemonier, Tank Carradine, and Ahmad Brooks early in the season, and then adding in Aldon Smith later. Whether Lynch develops into anything or not, the 49ers nickel ends are in good shape. If Lynch develops into anything  this year, that group would be downright filthy.

Speaking of Lynch, his former college coach, Willie Taggart, spoke with 49ers.com.

Last edited:
Good looks on the article. Gonna need him in the rotation. At that size he can put his hand in the dirt and set the edge as well as use his pass rush ability. The more contributors up front, the better.

Gonna watch the reairing of the preseason game tonite.

Last edited:
Lmao naw bro right after we selected him myself, aaron and sylv all agreed this dude needed to put that weight back on regardless of whether he was playing 5 technique or OLB in lord fangio's defense.

i wasnt too familiar with aaron lynch the person besides all the negative character issues everyone wrote about, but after watching this video it seems like dude has matured a lot and has his head in the right place. his ability as a player on the field was and is undeniable tho! :pimp: this guy is going to be a fan favorite if he sees the field this year. he plays with a ton of emotion, charisma and fire.

http://www.49ers.com/video/videos/R...-for-NFL/b1699752-57ea-4903-bacc-994456b54681

Last edited:
Lmao naw bro right after we selected him myself, aaron and sylv all agreed this dude needed to put that weight back on regardless of whether he was playing 5 technique or OLB in lord fangio's defense.

i wasnt too familiar with aaron lynch the person besides all the negative character issues everyone wrote about, but after watching this video it seems like dude has matured a lot and has his head in the right place. his ability as a player on the field was and is undeniable tho! :pimp: this guy is going to be a fan favorite if he sees the field this year. he plays with a ton of emotion, charisma and fire.

http://www.49ers.com/video/videos/R...-for-NFL/b1699752-57ea-4903-bacc-994456b54681

dude gets to learn from the best in Willis, Bowman, and Cowboy, not to mention Brooks. young dude's in good company.

i've been watching the 49ers press pass and i cant overstate how surprised i am with kaep's growth in handling press conferences. no longer looks like he's glaring at reporters and no longer stares them down like he does his receivers.

patrick willis on watching highlights of SB47:

"i told navorro, we gotta get back. we get back, we're bringing it home...that's the hunger." :pimp:

love hearing this man talk about football and his respect for past and present players. real cool person, too. my homeboy was at bowling crab while patrick was there and he just so happened to be wearing a Willis jersey, as well. cuzzo texted me a pic of a signed willis jersey, hella happy. i dont even think he was that excited when he lost his virginity in high school.

Last edited:
cuzzo texted me a pic of a signed willis jersey, hella happy. i dont even think he was that excited when he lost his virginity in high school.
Running into Jerry Rice at Macy's and talking football with him for 10 minutes > My first time

laugh.gif
embarassed.gif

That preseason game was tough to watch. I liked tank and dial ad Corey. They all were playing in the backfield. Hope to see more out of Okoye. Dude is a huge body; he probably wont make the roster this season unless he shows something major but I'd like to see him more in the preseason. Linebackers were terrible up the middle. Leaking like a sieve against the run and were terrible in coverage.

Not sure if mentioned, but the "Sack Francisco" tees are dropping tomorrow, according to Bow's IG funds going towards a good cause too

Back
Top Bottom