:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [1-1 @Rams 9/22 1:25PST]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Right. Calling Trey flimsy to praise jimmy like he didn’t miss 2018 and 2020 with season ending injuries. We literally drafted Trey because Jimmy always gets hurt.

they already eating foot longs
2356A7CC-ECB0-4F57-BB2B-69EC5D8D8B84.gif

i think it’s a combination of shanny’s play calling and trey being inexperienced. when his initial reads aren’t there, trey tends to tuck the ball and runs. our oline wasn’t giving him a lot of time last week either, so that didn’t help. seems like the epitome of a coach learning how to use a completely new player. that said, shanny’s hubris is something else

I totally disagree with this. Trey taking off and running has not been the problem. Almost all of these runs were called plays.

yeah he’s done a lot better job this year keeping his eyes downfield when moving before deciding to run

Lynch and Shannahan handled the qb situation poorly. But this is a tough situation to navigate with even the best people handling it (which they aren’t).

You have a team with win now talent who drafted their qb of the future. Outside of Trey coming out and lighting **** up from day 1, that’s an inevitable conflict.

The guys in that locker room care more about the right now situation, they’re not worried about 2-3 years from now when the Trey move could really pay dividends. And it’s understandable because it’s no guarantee they’ll be on the roster 2-3 years from now the way roster turnover is in the NFL.

They have the talent in place to make a deep run with Jimmy under center. It sucks seeing Trey go down like that though. You hate to see an injury of that magnitude happen to anyone. From a strictly football standpoint it sucks because they go into next season with him still being a huge question mark in that they still don’t know what they have either way when this season was supposed to help answer that question.

Even though we won, I feel kinda bummed out that Lance is hurt and most likely out the rest of the season. I was really looking forward to Trey proving a lot of these doubters wrong.

That being said I did get a chance to meet and hang out with a few Niner fans at Buffalo Wild Wings in Capitol Heights, MD yesterday. Most of us will be traveling down to Atlanta in a few weeks.
My guy, he is out for the season. There was never a 'most likely' lol

What makes me wonder is Kyle had Wilson, Davis-Price and Deebo to run the ball as much as he wanted. Why even call QB run plays for Trey? Could've saved that for later in the game.

It is what it is. I want to believe the team will rally even more for Jimmy. I just hope Jimmy builds that confidence in throwing deep on a consistent basis.

I also hope Kyle doesn't go back to a basic playbook. Give Jimmy some of the pass plays for Trey and see what he can do.

I’m a Shanafan but that was coaching malpractice. I believe Trey Lance’s tenure with the 49ers is (essentially) over. I feel bad for the kid.

If it was up to me. We would be making trades for the future. We can not win a super bowl with Jimmy G. We should just accept it.

Trade Kyle Bananahan for 2 (1sts)
Trade Kittle for a 1st or 2 (2nds)
Trade Trent for a 1st or 2 (2nds)
Trade Warner for a 1st or 2 (2nds)
Trade Jimmy Ward for a 2nd and 3rd

I also hate Juices comments about ‘Playing 49er football’ so ship him out.

Blow it up. If Lance isnt the guy at least we will be able to get a QB for the future. We are far worse off then the national media seems to believe.

Sean Payton will be available 😎😎😎

Last edited:
Was listening to some podcast **** on youtube yesterday. Someone said what if we go for lamar next season. Thoughts?

The concerning part is that he was drafted as a guy with raw talents and relatively little college ball experience that hopefully would develop with nfl playtime

Now he will be a 3rd or 4th year pro with essentially 1 college season, a couple nfl pre season sessions, and like 4.25 regular season NFL games. Also he was drafted as a relatively mobile QB and now has to spend the year rehabbing a broken ankle.

Lynch and whoever else was involved looking like Megamind for not cutting JG, or trading him for peanuts, and retaining him this year for a reduced rate. Even if he wins like every game and even a super bowl worth of incentives he makes less than he would have on that contract he had.

Season could have been ruined. We’d be rocking with Purdy and Sudfeld or pursuing a free agent vet. And we have no 1st round pick next year so losing a bunch this season wouldn’t even help with next draft.

But on the plus side we beat the Seahawks, rocking with #1 in nfc west presently, and have a serviceable starting QB for a very good price who has shown he can win games and make deep playoff runs. Just gotta pray JG stay healthy or the wheels really will fall off this thing completely.

Lynch and Shannahan handled the qb situation poorly. But this is a tough situation to navigate with even the best people handling it (which they aren’t).

You have a team with win now talent who drafted their qb of the future. Outside of Trey coming out and lighting **** up from day 1, that’s an inevitable conflict.

The guys in that locker room care more about the right now situation, they’re not worried about 2-3 years from now when the Trey move could really pay dividends. And it’s understandable because it’s no guarantee they’ll be on the roster 2-3 years from now the way roster turnover is in the NFL.

They have the talent in place to make a deep run with Jimmy under center. It sucks seeing Trey go down like that though. You hate to see an injury of that magnitude happen to anyone. From a strictly football standpoint it sucks because they go into next season with him still being a huge question mark in that they still don’t know what they have either way when this season was supposed to help answer that question.
All this.

The tin foil hat in me thinks they ran Trey to the ground just to put in Jimmy cuz he’s the qb for the now situation.

I’m all for overhauling the offense. Let’s package these all pros for picks. We’ve seen Jimmy’s ceiling, and 9ers aren’t capturing the Lombardi with him.

Back
Top Bottom