:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [2-2 vs Cardinals 10/07 1:05PST]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sorensen wont be picked up either. But idk he and Purdy share a common privilege....

again, that wasn’t the question. it’s funny how you never answer questions that don’t fit you’re skewed narrative :lol:

sorensen not being picked up is an assumption, wills not being picked up is a fact. do you understand the difference between those two?

Here’s my question. Is it coaching or the talent pool decreasing?

They looked like an elite defense at times in 2022. There was a downward trajectory last season, and an even further downward trajectory so far this season. There been roster turnover.

Wilkes and Sorensen look funny in the light. But how much of it falls on the players on the roster?

This gonna be me at work tomorrow
Screenshot 2024-10-06 at 5.32.06 PM.jpeg

They looked like an elite defense at times in 2022. There was a downward trajectory last season, and an even further downward trajectory so far this season. There been roster turnover.

Wilkes and Sorensen look funny in the light. But how much of it falls on the players on the roster?
It’s definitely a combination of both the coaching and the personnel

Ward is older and looks a half step slower. And the DLine hasn’t had continuity because every single year it’s a whole different set of 4 defensive linemen. And the secondary has never really had a bonafide cornerback or safety on the level of Lott, Polamalu, Woodson, McDonald, Sanders. We need someone on the level of a Fred Warner in our secondary. I’m also starting to think Hufanga’s Pro Bowl year might’ve been a fluke.

A great coaching staff maximizes the situations when there are injuries and turnover and players getting older, which is *** KC does it year after year like it’s nothing.

Shanahan and his constantly turnovere’d staff can’t seem to figure it out and until they do, the 49ers ain’t winning a trophy.

Once guys like Kittle, Warner, Bosa, Deebo, Juice move on, this team will become way worse talent wise and I bet Kyle wouldn’t look too good on a rebuilding squad. That’s when he’ll get fired. The moment this team goes 5-12.

Last edited:
It’s definitely a combination of both the coaching and the personnel

Ward is older and looks a half step slower. And the DLine hasn’t had continuity because every single year it’s a whole different set of 4 down linemen.

A great coaching staff maximizes these situations, which is why KC does it year after year like it’s nothing.

Shanahan and his constantly turnovere’d staff can’t seem to figure it out and until they do, the 49ers ain’t winning a trophy.

Once guys like Kittle, Warner, Bosa, Deebo, Juice move on, this team will become way worse talent wise and I bet Kyle wouldn’t look too good on a rebuilding squad. That’s when he’ll get fired. The moment this team goes 5-12.
ADVERTISEMENT​

I’ll be honest. I’m not really worried for one reason. There’s no team in the NFC to where I’m like “damn, it’s all bad if they gotta play them in a road game in the playoffs”. There’s no powerhouse team in the NFC right now. Mind you. The Super Bowl is played on a neutral field some home field don’t mean **** in the Super Bowl.

The chiefs looked like *** in late November and December last year. They got a pass because they have championship credibility. Which is fair game. The bills got dragged too, they don’t have the same credentials the 49ers have. But people hopped on their nuts once they started winning.

I will say this though. If an early season slump turns into a total down 2024 season. Seats are going to get warm. That’s the business. But seats should only get warm if upgrades are available. If Dennis Erickson/Mike Nolan options are all that’s available. You roll with what you have.

We were 10th against the run last year. This year we’re 20th. Arik Armstead was our best run stopper and he’s gone. Jordan Elliott is probably our best run stopper up front but he’s not a starter.

This is something Harbaugh understood very well. Sacks are great but defense starts by stopping the run and making the opponent one dimensional through the air. Do that, win the T.O.P., and minimizes turnovers and you’ll come out on top more often than not.

Flores is available. The same Flores who Brock cant figure out cedric ceballos cedric ceballos

He’s available as in he can be hired tomorrow? Well ****. They Midas whale fire Sorrenson and hire him right now and tell the Vikings sorry but not sorry.

They should’ve hired him after DeMeco left to Houston though. I’m a big Brian Flores fan. A lot defenses can’t figure him out. One of the best qb’s ever had an even worse time than Brock did this morning.

Back
Top Bottom