:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [2-2 vs Cardinals 10/07 1:05PST]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm fine with us signing Norman IF we have a solid draft that focuses on our front seven. Need that NASTY defense that we had during 2011-2013

biggest question mark on the defense:

View media item 2004436

we need to give this dude as many bullets as possible. even a ****** that has no handle bars can drive a GT-R.
How is Jim O'Neil? Hiring a DC from the Browns already sounds like :x Man I miss Vic too... Didn't he leave cause he got curved for the head coach position but yet he's STILL not a head coach and coordinating in Chicago?

Last edited:
always have mad love for lord fangio. he didn't get a look at HC and didn't want to work under tomsula, so he asked for his release. love fangio, but we have to look forward.

the real sleeper gem of his coaching staff was DB coach ed donatell.. that ************ can coach his *** off. perfect coach when your philosophy is predicated on building the trenches and coaching up the secondary.

Last edited:
Damn. Good point. Still waiting to see if niners gonna pay Norman that 16 mill :x

I don't even think we've signed anyone outside of resigning our own players. I think only player we signed was Eric Rogers :lol: baalke really gonna wait till after the draft to make some signings huh

Not saying he's someone to brag about signing don't forget Zane Beadles.

Good cheap pickup that could be a bargain if he pans out. Which from what I've read, he wasn't a good fit in Jacksonville b/c it was a diff blocking scheme than one he had in Denver and the one we should be running with Chip.

always have mad love for lord fangio. he didn't get a look at HC and didn't want to work under tomsula, so he asked for his release. love fangio, but we have to look forward.

the real sleeper gem of his coaching staff was DB coach ed donatell.. that ************ can coach his *** off. perfect coach when your philosophy is predicated on building the trenches and coaching up the secondary.

I took that whole situation as more Lord Fangio was good w/ remaining as DC as long as they hired a competent replacement (i.e. Gase) but putting Tomsula in charge of entire team when he'd never even been a coordinator was where Fangio drew the line in the sand.

exactly. We can cut him too. The nfl and front offices have the leverage always. It's like Vegas. The house always wins.

With that said it would be kinda cool to land him

it's not just the money for me, it's also the precedent you're setting. josh norman would instantly become the highest paid player in that locker room. with all the ******** they've had to endure the last few years, how do you think that would sit with guys like joe staley and navorro bowman? guys who are not even the highest paid players at their own position.

Last edited:
Question is will he help us win? If he's capable of being that good to where he can win us some games I don't see the problem with the $$$ problem is the answer is no :lol:

if you're paying that much for a corner, he better be a true MAN corner that follows the best wide receiver on the field and shuts him down. **** being a scheme fit, you better be a true man-on-man, shutdown corner. a darrelle revis type player.

IMO he's not worth it.

Last edited:
Norman's very good, I don't get the argument about how the Carolina safeties over the top were so good and covered his *** or something. As if Kurt Coleman wasn't looking for a job like last year. I think everyone's helped by that system but I saw Norman lock up Odell's sanity and evolve him into a serial killer singlehandedly. I did see that. When no one was really doing that... all year.

Last edited:
i have no clue what jim o'neil runs, but norman would've been a great fit for fangio

fangio loves running these cover 2 trap coverages.

norman at the top of the screen

normanpicksix.0.gif

Last edited:
Need u to scout O'Neil and what he ran in Cleveland. red81 red81

Also Norman could potentially make more than Revis,Peterson and Sherman. Imo not better than any of those guys.

Last edited:
darrelle-revis-int-o.gif

revis-dominating-reggie-wayne-o.gif

head up on #1 WR

man coverage -- no help needed

loose hips

speed/quickness

route recognition

mirror ability

ball skills

man up with no help. hardest position to play in football. this is how you take away a half of the field. i'll pay $15mil for this

looks like carolina is playing a cover 3 concept here. A LOT of zone concepts in their defense. this is team concept. assignment football. coaching > talent 

giphy.gif

i am NOT saying josh norman sucks, but just that he looks more like a scheme player than a true lock down corner.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom