:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [2-2 vs Cardinals 10/07 1:05PST]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Last edited:
They always hold a few training camp practices for the public, but they usual do some email sign up for tickets. You just have to be on the look out.

Matt Barrows  ‏@mattbarrows   5m5 minutes ago

Weight watch: Colin Kaepernick seems bigger, Anthony Davis decidedly slimmer than when last viewed on practice field. #49ers
today is the last sunday with no football of the year. 
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif

Last edited:
AD is a hell of a lot slimmer than he used to be. really good to see because he's going to have to move a lot more in Chip's scheme than he did in Harbaugh's.

Last edited:
Football is here!!
With the QB battle and WR questions, this years preseason games are gonna be even more interesting!

Kap and Gabbert splitting first team reps....I'm rooting for Kap man... his last chance!

lynchmobb and AD speaking to the media, but i can only get short clips off of twitter. 
mad.gif

[h1]  Lynch explains suspension[/h1]
SANTA CLARA – Outside linebacker Aaron Lynch said he fought the NFL’s decision to suspend him to open the season for approximately three months this offseason.

But last week, the appeals process concluded with Lynch being suspended for four games to open the season due to the league’s policy on substances of abuse.

Lynch confirmed that he was entered into the NFL’s program upon entering the 2014 draft after testing positive in college. He said his failed test this offseason was a result of drinking too much water.

“It came out unreadable,” Lynch said on Sunday. “I’ve already been in the program, so that’s (suspension) the next step.”

Lynch is eligible to practice during training camp and participate in the four exhibition games. Once the season begins, he can attend meetings at the 49ers practice facility. But he is prohibited from practicing or playing in the first four games of the regular season.

“I’ll be out for four weeks,” he said. “It wasn’t something I was trying to do. I could’ve avoided it, but I got to take it on the chin and go with it. “

He said his goal is to continue to get better and make his teammates better.

“I’m going to go into training camp,” Lynch said. “I’ll keep practicing and playing like I’m playing in the first week.”

Lynch said he continues to feel as if the organization “has my back,” from teammates such as NaVorro Bowman and Antoine Bethea to general manager Trent Baalke.

SANTA CLARA – Here’s what stood out to me during the first day of 49ers training camp.

THE GOOD

1. RT Anthony Davis. Looked significantly trimmer than he did before he retired. Said he used to weigh 365 pounds and now weighs 332. Looks much lighter than 332. Played with the third-team offense during practice and primarily blocked Tank Carradine. Davis dominated this matchup. Carradine simply couldn’t beat him.

2. CB Will Redmond. Played nickel back with the third-team defense while wearing a bulky brace on his surgically-repaired knee. Moved fluidly and broke up one pass. Also blitzed and tagged quarterback Jeff Driskel after blowing past Anthony Davis.

3. ILB NaVorro Bowman. Covered wide receiver Quinton Patton man to man once. Patton ran a shallow cross and Bowman ran with him step for step, then batted down the pass.

4. WR Bruce Ellington. Played slot receiver with the starters and was unquestionably the go-to receiver on third-and-medium (third-and-2 to third-and-6). Beat starting nickel back Jimmie Ward with option routes twice for first downs – first on third-and-5, then on third-and-6.

5. QB Blaine Gabbert. Completed 70 percent of his passes during team drills and committed no turnovers. Released the ball quickly and always seemed to know where to throw. His incompletions were either errant throws or dropped passes.

THE NOT SO GOOD

1. OLB Tank Carradine. Played outside linebacker with the third-team defense and generated zero pressure, as in none. What would you say this guy does here?

2. QB Colin Kaepernick. Completed 63 percent of his passes and threw one interception on a short pass to his left. Déjà vu. Generally held the ball too long and seemed uncertain where to throw. After his pick, Chip Kelly took Kaepernick to the side and explained how to go through the progression properly and where Kaepernick should have thrown his pass. When practice ended, Kaepernick walked off the field by himself while Gabbert walked with teammates. Does Kaepernick have any friends on this team?

Last edited:
2. QB Colin Kaepernick. Generally held the ball too long and seemed uncertain where to throw.

:smh: :frown:

man, that took away any hope I had about kap being ready to be our starter again. i know it's only day one, but I can't help but be disappointed. if someone characterized any QB's play like that, I'd assume they were talking about a rookie.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom