:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [2-2 vs Cardinals 10/07 1:05PST]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1st team looked good besides the turnover-6 and a few inaccurate Gab throws the 49ers dominated the 1st half especially in the run game, but clearly our 2nd-3rd string guys got worked by Houston's so our depth might not be as solid as we had hoped going into this. 

Last edited:
once again, no injuries. 

laugh.gif

i was very surprised how well ray ray armstrong played. he plays with a lot of energy. let's see if he can keep it up.

Last edited:
Checking in late niner fam. I know we lost but what ae everyone's impressions so far?
Offense was marginally better than I expected and defense was slightly worse than I would have expected going into it:

Offense:

Offense was about the same as in the training camps some flashes from the RBs, a lot of short passes, HB zone runs, and zone read plays. Some decent rushes by Gabbert, Lewis, & Driskel but just like in camp we had no real deep threats. WR group was probably the weakest the best plays of the game came from TE catches, RB runs, and QB rushes. 

Running back by committee was fairly successful Mike Davis, Shaun Draughn, and Dujuan Harris got a lot of carries/receptions for a lot of yards but not much in the points department.

Fumbles were a problem Hyde fumbled a carry which was returned for a Texans touchdown, Dujuan Harris fumbled in the redzone on what would have certainly been a scoring drive.

Gabbert looked o.k completed a few efficient short passes as usual but under threw a few times to miss wide open  receivers and missed a pair of easy check downs. 

O-Line looked much better than last year with Kilgore, Garnett, Davis, and Tiller turning in good performances. 

Treggs failed to impress and had a couple miscues on a pair of returns. 

The linebacker covering Vance McDonald tripped and fell allowing Vance to get open, catch the ball, and make a move on a man for a touchdown. Definitely was a welcome sight but probably wouldn't have played out like it did if the LB in coverage hadn't tripped.

Defense:

Defense looked o.k but not quite as good as I had hoped a lot of man coverage, press coverage, and "bring down the house" blitzes which is definitely a different look than I'm used to seeing out of the 49ers. 

Reid was out to watch his daughter's birth.

Reaser and Acker's stocks dropped in my book.

Lynch & Buckner had a strong game in the trenches and Tank did o.k in my book but not quite great.

Phil Dawson was his typical Phil Dawson self and made a pair of fieldgoals missed none.  

First team offense looked pretty decent, loved the quick tempo and only 1 penalty going into the half. Wanna see kaep next week

the first-team corners were studly. jimmie and t-brock holding it down on an island. chris davis! i don't think anyone saw this one coming. dude was balling in the slot.

jim o'neil's scheme still gives me anxiety. it's a lot like arizona's scheme with the guys on the corners asked to hold down their assignment with little to no help over the top. a **** ton of blitzes from the slot.

Last edited:
Los on the inside zone run, which Chip uses as the basis of the entire running game. With a much improved O-line and running scheme that lends itself to his style of play, Los is going to BEAST this year if he can stay healthy. Dude can't help but finish every run. 
laugh.gif

http://www.49ers.com/video/videos/C...22-Yards/0ec2c655-9a07-463d-861e-f4a6d568b025

btw that TD to Vance was a variation of spider 2 Y banana. There's a ton of West Coast Offense in Chip's scheme.

Last edited:
Soo what game was this USA Today writer watching? I give credit where credit is due but There was about 4-5 bad throws today. I think this guy saw the stat sheet, saw that Gabbert had a TD and went ahead and wrote this article lol. Gabbert had a chance to seal it today but the door is still open IMO.

"Gabbert provides evidence he should be 49ers' QB while Colin Kaepernick sits"

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...y-san-francisco-quarterbacks-texans/88739040/

yeah, that dude is trippen. the job is still wide open. gabbert looked okay. started off terrible, but calmed down and got it going.

i want to see kap out there behind this improved line.

Back
Top Bottom