Official San Francisco 49ers Off-Season Thread (5-7): Let's get ready for the Draft!

im hoping once vick gets out, he gets his life back in order, take another season off football and start training.

but, once again vick doesnt exactly fit the mold on what sing is tryna preach - which is give the ball to gore and pound the hell out of it. like i said,reeves seems like a poor decision to me. & vick provides more questions than answers.

so im done with that, i want bj raji.

anywhere dan reeves went he always been a winner....and look up his team offense ranking for those team (Bronco, Giants, Falcons) they always been rank prettyhigh....i dont expect him to stay long as an coordinator tho.......Also any assistant or coordinator will jump ship with the quickness if they have a HeadCoaching opportunity so maybe groom a younger fella to take over if he leave

laugh.gif
at him begin OLD, thinking he's outdated w/ the NFL....look at+@!* vermeil when he came back to the RAMS it was after 15 years out of coaching.... they became championship contender and won a superbowl when he came back...

Vick....I dunno but hey he's better than any other qb we got in the stable....also I been reading how mel thinks the niners gonna take Maybin which I praydoesn't happen...he jus seems too light in the cakes for me and is reminiscient of manny lawson....I would say take Raji or an OT

i3allistic, i get what youre saying - dude is a very underrated coach, BUT it doesnt make sense to hire him if sing preaches for a long term fix. its justreally odd to me hes interviewing for an OC position when we all know after a season hes going to bolt for a head coaching job.

Originally Posted by bright nikes

i3allistic, i get what youre saying - dude is a very underrated coach, BUT it doesnt make sense to hire him if sing preaches for a long term fix. its just really odd to me hes interviewing for an OC position when we all know after a season hes going to bolt for a head coaching job.

He might just love the game and not really wan to be a head coach anymore.

Comon fam, stop.
eyes.gif

he might have a poiint, he might miss football and wanted a chanllenge ...but whatever the reason he has a great football mind...like i stated...no Coordinator will stay with a team long term anymore if they have a chance to bounce they will ...but if were lucky
eyes.gif
he might stay 2-3 year and maybe groom a successor ...and beside those other OCthat we interview dont impress me at all

Originally Posted by i3allistic

Comon fam, stop.
eyes.gif
he might have a poiint, he might miss football and wanted a chanllenge ...but whatever the reason he has a great football mind...like i stated ...no Coordinator will stay with a team long term anymore if they have a chance to bounce they will ...but if were lucky
eyes.gif
he might stay 2-3 year and maybe groom a successor ...and beside those other OC that we interview dont impress me at all

And that is my point, Reeves is approaching 70 years old - former successful head coaches do not stay for the long term when it comes to OC / DCpositions.

We need a long-term fix, and I don't think reeves will be here long enough to implement what he wants to do long enough to groom a successor.

I want a fresh face, Jackson from the Ravens (what he did with Flacco was getting a lot of praise) & Judinski (sp)

But, at the end of the day - whatever puts this team in the position to win, lets get it
devil.gif

Comon fam, stop.
eyes.gif
he might have a poiint, he might miss football and wanted a chanllenge ...but whatever the reason he has a great football mind...like i stated ...no Coordinator will stay with a team long term anymore if they have a chance to bounce they will ...but if were lucky
eyes.gif
he might stay 2-3 year and maybe groom a successor ...and beside those other OC that we interview dont impress me at all
And that is my point, Reeves is approaching 70 years old - former successful head coaches do not stay for the long term when it comes to OC / DC positions.

We need a long-term fix, and I don't think reeves will be here long enough to implement what he wants to do long enough to groom a successor.

I want a fresh face, Jackson from the Ravens (what he did with Flacco was getting a lot of praise) & Judinski (sp)

But, at the end of the day - whatever puts this team in the position to win, lets get it
devil.gif

jackson sound interesting ...u think he will stay long term
laugh.gif
if HC job opens up ..come on man!! but him or reeves will make good OC for niner

This game of connect the dots is a fool-proof way of figuring out what is going on with your favorite NFL team. It works a little something like this . . .

The 49ers interviewed Dan Reeves, who coached Michael Vick. The 49ers interviewed Hue Jackson, who almost coached Michael Vick.

Jackson and Reeves never coached together, but they coached for the same organization (Falcons).

Jackson would have coached Vick in 2007 if Vick hadn't been caught and imprisoned on federal dogfighting charges.

Oh, yeah, the 49ers also signed defensive back Jimmy Williams, who has a battle on his hands to win a roster spot. Williams arrived at Virginia Tech two years after Vick's career concluded.

Put all that together and it seems obvious to me that the 49ers have decided to acquire Vick when/if he is able to resume his career after serving his sentence, as well as any suspension Roger Goodell might impose.

But that is not all I've learned in recent days:

--The 49ers' plan to go after Vick was actually Plan B. The first idea was to acquire Daunte Culpepper and Randy Moss, and build a dome to replace Candlestick.

This would've been the plan if Scott Linehan had just said yes to the 49ers' offer to become offensive coordinator. Linehan was coordinator of a top-4 ranked Vikings offense for three consecutive seasons with Culpepper and Moss as his main weapons under the roof of the Metrodome. But when Linehan declined the 49ers' offer, the 49ers had no other choice but to rip apart that plan and begin their planning to get Vick.

--The 49ers will do whatever's necessary to select Ole Miss offensive lineman Michael Oher in the draft.

Oher's first year in college was 2005. That is the same season that Micheal Spurlock concluded his Ole Miss career. The 49ers signed Spurlock to a contract this week. Hel-LOOOO! I mean, can you even conceive a scenario in which the 49ers would sign Spurlock if it wasn't already a done deal that they'd soon be getting Oher? All you have to do is connect the dots on this one. Oh, yeah, and Patrick Willis is already on the team. This one is just way too easy.

--The 49ers plan to lure Hall of Fame quarterback Joe Montana out of retirement.

Coach Mike Singletary hired Tom Rathman to join his staff as running backs coach. Singletary is being just a little too obvious about his intentions. Obviously, the best way to get Montana out of retirement is to hire a former teammate to the staff. You read it here first.

Singletary has not announced Shaun Hill will be the starter in 2009 for one very good reason. How can Hill be the starter with Montana on the team?

See how this game works? Feel free to play along.

Joe Montana Coming Out of Retirement

[h2]http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/01/26/49ers-interested-in-houshmandzadeh/[/h2]
[h2]49ERS INTERESTED IN HOUSHMANDZADEH?[/h2]
Posted by Sheil Kapadia on January 26, 2009, 8:03 a.m. EST

The 49ers could make a push for pending free agent T.J. Houshmandzadeh, reports Matt Maiocco of the Santa Rosa Press Democrat.

Per Maiocco, the 49ers are expected to focus on tackle, receiver and safety in free agency.

Last month, NFL Network's Adam Schefter reported that the Bengals would try to sign Houshmandzadeh to a long-term contract and would not use the franchise tag on him.

At 31 years old, Houshmandzadeh had 92 catches for 904 yards and four touchdowns in 2008. But keep in mind he was relying on Ryan Fitzpatrick and the league's third-worst passing offense.

This year's wide receiver pool in free agency isn't particularly impressive, but the wild card in the equation is Anquan Boldin, who could be dealt.

The Seahawks have also been rumored to be interested in Houshmandzadeh, according to Pro Football Weekly.

Comon fam, stop.
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
And that is my point, Reeves is approaching 70 years old - former successful head coaches do not stay for the long term when it comes to OC / DC positions.

devil.gif

Reeves is 65 years old. LeBeau was 67 years old when Pittsburgh hired him.Also when you talk about long term? Long Term is only 3 years in the NFLnow. Reeves will probably to be stuck at an offensive coordinator even if the 49ers are succesful.I dont think a team will run to sign him to be a head coachagain probably because of his age.

laugh.gif

I'm a fan of [Marshawn] TJ Hoooshmazooo [/Marshawn], but I might be even more interested in a 2010 free agent Carson Palmer.

update: chud says no thanks, joins chargers

dan reeves says no thanks will join cowboys higher personal staff

the oc candidates arent looking tooo good.

ive read an article that mike sing has rubbed people the wrong way (linehan, chud), who knows

update: chud says no thanks, joins chargers

dan reeves says no thanks will join cowboys higher personal staff

the oc candidates arent looking tooo good.

ive read an article that mike sing has rubbed people the wrong way (linehan, chud), who knows
Well if you think about it...Linehan, Chudzinski, and Reeves were all successful but were not run first (let alone power run) types of guys. Maybe they were turned off by the fact that Coach Sing isn't looking for a pass first/happy offense.

[h2]Source: 49ers To Make Huge Push For TJ Houshmandzadeh[/h2] [h4]January 26th, 2009 · No Comments[/h4]
With free agency sneaking up upon us, sources have informed ProFootballCentral.com that the San Francisco 49ers will be making a "huge push" to sign TJ Houshmandzadeh. Houshmandzadeh, is looking for a deal similiar to what the Bills paid Lee Evans which was a four-year, $37.25-million deal loaded with incentives. The Bengals are also still in the mix to resign the eight year veteran but this same source believes that Houshmanzadeh has "exhausted" his stay there and will like a fresh start. The Seahawks are also reportedly interested but reportedly are also looking at Amani Toomer and Sam Hurd which they can get at a bargain this offseason.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
At all the Vick comments, this will not happen. I dont recall a time when the Niners have pulled the trigger on a blockbuster deal or anything of thatmagnitude. With all the controversy surrounding Vick, I can only see him headed to Oakland. If he's even granted reinstatement.

does it feel like the niners are short of a plan right now?

it feels like they put all their eggs in linehan's basket and well..uhh yeah...

Back
Top Bottom