Official San Francisco 49ers Off-Season Thread (5-7): Let's get ready for the Draft!

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

It's not that Raye sucks. It's that his whole offense is based around a strong running game. One we don't have the personnel for. After this season Sing has a decision to make. Draft and sign players that will make us a power running team, or have Raye modify the offense to more of a passing offense. I don't think it's that Raye can't spread the offense, it's that what Sing wanted the team to focus on in the offseason is running the ball. If Alex can prove that he is the legit, then I don't see why Sing wouldn't want to throw the ball more.
Really?
IMO, singletary will never truly change his offensive philosophy, he seems to be too stubborn to change it.
But I have confidence that after next yrs draft, he will bring in the personnel to successfully run the grind it out offense.

so we have the titans this week and the cards have the bears...i am def gonna be a big bears fan this week...as far as throwing the ball more...we should doit more now cause smith has an arm so i dont see why not

(3-4)

9. Tenn vs. SF
10. Chi vs. SF
11. SF @ GB
12. Jax vs. SF
13. SF @ SEA
14. SF vs. AZ
15. SF @ Phi
16. Det vs. SF
17. SF @ STL

I say we finish 9-7, the remaining schedule looks much easier than the 1st half of the season.

9. W
10. we need to win at least one of these
11. we need to win at least one of these
12. W
13. W
14. W
15. L
16. W
17. W

10-6, that is how i see it

if we go 10-6 this season, Ill expect 13-3 or better next yr
laugh.gif

(3-4)

9. Tenn vs. SF - W
10. Chi vs. SF - W
11. SF @ GB - L
12. Jax vs. SF - W
13. SF @ SEA - W
14. SF vs. AZ - W
15. SF @ Phi - L
16. Det vs. SF - W
17. SF @ STL - W

Ideally10-6 but realistically we'll lose one game we're supposed to win, so I'm guessing 9-7

Bum *%! team, they do this $%%@ EVERY @+%+%#@ YEAR.

& Its hilarious that dudes like Tropocin talk like this team was gonna go deep in the playoffs.

I'm not even gonna go in on my dudes about their premature Alex Smith hip-hip-hooray celebrations
smh.gif
ohwell.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by bright nikes

& Its hilarious that dudes like Tropocin talk like this team was gonna go deep in the playoffs.
It's not hilarious, sometimes we showed signs that we could make a run in the playoffs (the viks and colts game). But then again, there'stimes where we look like we don't belong (lost to ATL). They need to reevaluate the play calling and restack the Oline. Neither one of our QBs lookcomfortable in the pocket.

Ill post what I said in the game thread here..

Horrible game. Alex had a horrible game. Not all three INTs were 100% his fault, but on two of those he was staring down the receiver and delivering the balllate and into coverage. He's played well away but at home he just plays like he has so much pressure. At some point you just have to perform consistently.If he can't this season, I will officially move on. Because at the end of the day I want to win, and if Smith can't be consistent then we'll neverbe a SB contender.

Honestly, I was more disappointed with our defense.

Lot of missed assignments. (The few that I remember)
- It always seems that Goldson is out of position (maybe he was trying to cheat on the run, idk)
- Haralson missing that 4th down tackle on CJ
- Mark Roman leaving Bo Scaife open to rush VY, when Manny Lawson was already there

As for our offense. Seems like Raye uses the "ask madden" playbook.

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

Ill post what I said in the game thread here..

Horrible game. Alex had a horrible game. Not all three INTs were 100% his fault, but on two of those he was staring down the receiver and delivering the ball late and into coverage. He's played well away but at home he just plays like he has so much pressure. At some point you just have to perform consistently. If he can't this season, I will officially move on. Because at the end of the day I want to win, and if Smith can't be consistent then we'll never be a SB contender.
super bowl? super bowl? we're sitting here talking about the super bowl?
i just wanna make the playoffs!

[h2]http://blog.pressdemocrat.com/49ers/2009/11/breakdown-of-the-49ers-four-back-breaking-turnovers.html[/h2]
[h2]Breakdown of the 49ers' four back-breaking turnovers[/h2]

This game was all about turnovers. Quarterback Alex Smith threw three interceptions and lost one fumble. The Titans did not turn it over. Not surprisingly, the 49ers lost 34-27.

"It's very obvious what happened," coach Mike Singletary said. "I'm sure there are a lot of other things you could come up with as to why we lost. The bottom line is turnovers for us."

When Singletary was asked about Smith's performance, he said, "I saw a quarterback throwing the ball pretty effectively."

Can those two things be true? Yes, the turnovers were costly. And, yes, Smith threw the ball well. But the problem wasn't Smith's arm. His problem was his eyes.

Here's what happened on those four turnovers, which led to 24 points for the Titans.

Turnover #1 First quarter interception. Smith was in the shotgun, flanked by running backs Frank Gore and Glen Coffee. When the Titans come with four-man rush, both backs exit the backfield. Smith has good time to throw but there's a little pressure up the middle at the end from David Baas' man. Smith tries to hit Crabtree at the left sideline 15 yards down field. Smith's pass is over the corner, Rod Hood, but the safety, Michael Griffin, jumps the route and breaks up the pass. Smith telegraphed the pass, giving Griffin a good read. The ball was well-thrown, but Griffin got a good break on it and the ball was deflected to Hood, who intercepted it and returned it 43 yards to set up a Titans touchdown to make the score Titans 10-3. Bottom line: Griffinmade a really good play, but Smith eyeballed Crabtree all the way and probably threw the ball too late. Although there was a bit of bad luck involved with the deflected pass, this one is on Smith.

Turnover #2 Third quarter fumble. Defensive end Jacob Ford lines up one-on-one against right tackle Adam Snyder. Smith's in the shotgun. Snyder does not stay square to Ford, who beats him with an inside move. Smith tries to slide to his left to create enough too to make the pass. But as Smith takes the ball back to throw, it hits Ford's helmet and pops loose. It's recovered by Keith Bullock at the 49ers' 36. Seven plays later, the Titans score a touchdown to tie the game 17-17 in the third quarter. Bottom line: Mostly Snyder's fault for using poor technique to allow the pressure, but Smith could've had a better feel on whether he had the room to deliver the pass.

Turnover #3 Fourth quarter interception. Smith is under center. He takes a five-step drop. The Titans come with a four-man rush. Protection is pretty good. Smith locks onto Morgan early and remains looking that way. Hood is playing behind Morgan, and that's what Smith sees. He doesn't notice safety Chris Hope, who jumps the route to make the interception at the SF 39. Seven plays later, the Titans add a field goal for a 27-20 lead. Bottom line: Hope made a heck of a diving interception. But he made the play because that's where Smith's eyes took him.

Turnover #4 Fourth quarter interception. Smith is in shotgun. Again, the protection is good. Smith does a good job of looking left and then comes back to the right. He throws to Morgan, who is well-covered by safety Vince Fuller. The pass is about eye high. Fuller goes over Morgan's back (I don't think he got there too soon for pass interference) to get a hand on the ball. It pops up in the air and into the hands of Cortland Finnegan, who returns it 39 yards for a touchdown with 2:51 remaining, giving the Titans a 34-20 lead. Morgan probably could've caught the ball out in front to make it impossible for Fuller to break up the pass. Bottom line [color= rgb(255, 255, 255)]With the defender behind Morgan, it was a reasonable to decision to throw that pass. But Morgan did not reach out to get the pass, and Fuller made a great play to break up the pass while avoiding pass interference. Let's chalk this one up to good defense and a little luck that comes with a deflected pass.[/color]

tired.gif

Yall can #%+*@ and moan all you want but theres no way Hill gets the starting job back this season, the front office wants Smith at the helm

Originally Posted by acidicality

best case scenario...8-8 or 9-7, but i don't see it happening unless something changes.
7-9

book it.

unless.... Nedney gets the nod at starting QB
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom