:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers vs. Kansas City Chiefs @ Arrowhead 09/26:::

Originally Posted by blewis04

Before we write this season off...we can still go 9-4 rest of the way. I've seen crazier things.

after the most likely L in atlanta next week,  every game is favorable for them except @san diego and @ green bay

Before we write this season off...we can still go 9-4 rest of the way. I've seen crazier things.

after the most likely L in atlanta next week,  every game is favorable for them except @san diego and @ green bay

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Winning the division is still a possiblity for us.

at 0-3, im not ready to write the season off; we could definitely still win the division.  however, teams in the NFC West might not be as futile as folks assumed.  the Seahawks are looking formidable against the chargers (and handed are %*!$$ to us) and sam bradford is already looking better than Alex Smith has in 6 seasons. 

I thought the 49ers took a step forward on monday, even after losing to the saints.  but maybe i was jumping to conclusions too soon.

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Winning the division is still a possiblity for us.

at 0-3, im not ready to write the season off; we could definitely still win the division.  however, teams in the NFC West might not be as futile as folks assumed.  the Seahawks are looking formidable against the chargers (and handed are %*!$$ to us) and sam bradford is already looking better than Alex Smith has in 6 seasons. 

I thought the 49ers took a step forward on monday, even after losing to the saints.  but maybe i was jumping to conclusions too soon.

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

Philly? This team could be 0-5 before they face the gayders

Philly? This team could be 0-5 before they face the gayders

I feel bad for the dudes that had high hopes for this season ... Let this be a lesson for you!

I feel bad for the dudes that had high hopes for this season ... Let this be a lesson for you!

Originally Posted by What up

Right here
ohwell.gif

Watch us go like 7-9 and end up with the 17th pick or some BS.  I haven't given up on the season but I'm already scouting prospects for the draft.

And honestly we have a lot of talent on the roster, I think a new OC and a new head coach may be in order.

Right here
ohwell.gif

Watch us go like 7-9 and end up with the 17th pick or some BS.  I haven't given up on the season but I'm already scouting prospects for the draft.

And honestly we have a lot of talent on the roster, I think a new OC and a new head coach may be in order.

This division could possibly be won at 7-9...

Everyone knew the schedule looked hard early, it's a shame the Niners didn't show up against the Seahawks though. We'll end up turning it on later in the season like we always do, hopefully it's good enough to win this pathetic division.
ohwell.gif

This division could possibly be won at 7-9...

Everyone knew the schedule looked hard early, it's a shame the Niners didn't show up against the Seahawks though. We'll end up turning it on later in the season like we always do, hopefully it's good enough to win this pathetic division.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by gusyouout

Originally Posted by moe200069

Originally Posted by offbad

dunno what that is supposed to mean i'd much rather have nnamdi than anyone in the SFO secondary.
i hint of sarcasm.  of course i'd take nnamdi and raiders front four over anyone we currently have.  but a niners fan asking for a raiders' player to switch sides, never thought i'd see the day.
If it would make the team better... I don't know about others, but I don't hate the raiders. Only time I care about them losing is if it's against the niners. And even for the teams/players that I hate, if the player would make the team better I'd be for it.
this.

Originally Posted by gusyouout

Originally Posted by moe200069

Originally Posted by offbad

dunno what that is supposed to mean i'd much rather have nnamdi than anyone in the SFO secondary.
i hint of sarcasm.  of course i'd take nnamdi and raiders front four over anyone we currently have.  but a niners fan asking for a raiders' player to switch sides, never thought i'd see the day.
If it would make the team better... I don't know about others, but I don't hate the raiders. Only time I care about them losing is if it's against the niners. And even for the teams/players that I hate, if the player would make the team better I'd be for it.
this.

Originally Posted by wxyzfactor

jimmy raye your playcalling is predictable, we don't need 2 run plays then alex smith running to the right and overthrowing the receiver or throwing it out of bounds on 3rd down in this game.
Well, it's Alex Smith playing the role of a game manager like Trent Dilfer.  It's not Peyton Manning back there so Jimmy Raye goes with a game plan that would suit Trent Dilfer.  Alex Smith will always go with the checkdowns since he is good at it (even though he is innaccurate at times).  When Alex Smith throws deep, that is where he becomes more innacurate, that's why he goes for the checkdowns more often than throwing deep.  Although the bad part about it is your QB isn't probably going to win the game for you by throwing 3 touchdowns and that it's tough to know if Crabtree and Morgan are getting open deep if all your QB is throwing are checkdowns.

Not a fan of Raye but he has been calling a great game plan that suits Alex Smith in a ball control offense where the RB and Offensive Line are forced to carry the team, while Alex Smith manages the game.  Its basically Baltimore Ravens football, have the defense, special teams, and running back and offensive line carry the team while the QB manages the game.     

The reason I wrote above is why Singletary and Raye can't go deep even if they wanted to.  Alex Smith is Captain Checkdown and asking Alex Smith to throw deep on a consistent basis is like asking Trent Dilfer to throw deep on a consistent basis and turn into Peyton Manning, Drew Brees or Brett Farve.

The reason Alex Smith looked so good against New Orleans is because the 49ers offensive line and Frank Gore were able to find holes even when the Saints where putting eight in the box and daring Alex Smith to throw deep.

In all the games this season and seasons past, the 49ers offense will ALWAYS face eight in the box this season.  It will always be the 49ers Offensive Line and Running Backs versus eight in the box to stop the run unless any 49ers QB this season can prove that he can throw deep consistently to keep the defense from putting eight in the box.

Originally Posted by wxyzfactor

jimmy raye your playcalling is predictable, we don't need 2 run plays then alex smith running to the right and overthrowing the receiver or throwing it out of bounds on 3rd down in this game.
Well, it's Alex Smith playing the role of a game manager like Trent Dilfer.  It's not Peyton Manning back there so Jimmy Raye goes with a game plan that would suit Trent Dilfer.  Alex Smith will always go with the checkdowns since he is good at it (even though he is innaccurate at times).  When Alex Smith throws deep, that is where he becomes more innacurate, that's why he goes for the checkdowns more often than throwing deep.  Although the bad part about it is your QB isn't probably going to win the game for you by throwing 3 touchdowns and that it's tough to know if Crabtree and Morgan are getting open deep if all your QB is throwing are checkdowns.

Not a fan of Raye but he has been calling a great game plan that suits Alex Smith in a ball control offense where the RB and Offensive Line are forced to carry the team, while Alex Smith manages the game.  Its basically Baltimore Ravens football, have the defense, special teams, and running back and offensive line carry the team while the QB manages the game.     

The reason I wrote above is why Singletary and Raye can't go deep even if they wanted to.  Alex Smith is Captain Checkdown and asking Alex Smith to throw deep on a consistent basis is like asking Trent Dilfer to throw deep on a consistent basis and turn into Peyton Manning, Drew Brees or Brett Farve.

The reason Alex Smith looked so good against New Orleans is because the 49ers offensive line and Frank Gore were able to find holes even when the Saints where putting eight in the box and daring Alex Smith to throw deep.

In all the games this season and seasons past, the 49ers offense will ALWAYS face eight in the box this season.  It will always be the 49ers Offensive Line and Running Backs versus eight in the box to stop the run unless any 49ers QB this season can prove that he can throw deep consistently to keep the defense from putting eight in the box.

Originally Posted by Bruce Waynee

Right here
ohwell.gif

Tried to warn this guy several times.

Comon' Dfresh, you should know better.

Originally Posted by Bruce Waynee

Right here
ohwell.gif

Tried to warn this guy several times.

Comon' Dfresh, you should know better.

Back
Top Bottom