Official Saucony Originals / Retro Thread

^ a wider release is set for March 8 or 9. Not sure what stores though, most likely the same places that usually get Hanon collabs

Last edited:
Still some t shirts left if you act fast.  I guess there weren't even 50 people in line this morning.

Last edited:
^ Repped. Nice find!  I don't like em too much, but i'm in the minority.

Hopefully the shadow 5 restocks, those have definitely grown on me.

Last edited:
i'm still decidin' whether i like the g9 shadow 5 or not...while i think it looks great w/ the tigerstripe camo ripstop upper of the toebox (from the top down view in particular)...i'm not a huge fan of how it looks from the side profile, or even the back/heel view...

who knows...maybe it'll grow on me...assumin' i'll even get a chance to pick them up (as it seems like they're pretty much sold out everywhere)...

i do plan to pick up the g9 control when they hit the u.s. (think i've only seen 1 shop in australia offer them so far)...

anyways, i hope someone else on nt and in particularly in this thread saw my post about the g9 shadow 6's early enough, as lookin' at bodega's site roughly 4 hours after my post...they're completely sold out again (and they had a fsr at the time too)...

^...of the 2 uppers (since the mid-sole/outsole are exactly the same)...which one do you feel is more "comfortable."

also, assuming you get the same exact size in each of those shoes, do you find them both to be tts? .5 size big? is one tts and the other .5 size big?

i'm anxiously awaitin' for my g9 shadow 6 to come in from bodega...

I have both and each fit big. Went 1/2 size down for both and could have possibly went a full size down without it being snug...

^...of the 2 uppers (since the mid-sole/outsole are exactly the same)...which one do you feel is more "comfortable."

also, assuming you get the same exact size in each of those shoes, do you find them both to be tts? .5 size big? is one tts and the other .5 size big?

i'm anxiously awaitin' for my g9 shadow 6 to come in from bodega...
I went down a size and the shadow 6 is more confy

I broke out my Grid 9000s the other day, hadn't worn the blue trimmed pair in a while and forgot how comfortable they were. The only thing I don't like about them is that they've developed a bit of peeling on the midsole since I got them, nothing that seems to affect the shoe structurally, but both of my Grids have it where as none of my other Sauconys have anything weird going on with the midsoles.

i'm still decidin' whether i like the g9 shadow 5 or not...while i think it looks great w/ the tigerstripe camo ripstop upper of the toebox (from the top down view in particular)...i'm not a huge fan of how it looks from the side profile, or even the back/heel view...

who knows...maybe it'll grow on me...assumin' i'll even get a chance to pick them up (as it seems like they're pretty much sold out everywhere)...

i do plan to pick up the g9 control when they hit the u.s. (think i've only seen 1 shop in australia offer them so far)...

anyways, i hope someone else on nt and in particularly in this thread saw my post about the g9 shadow 6's early enough, as lookin' at bodega's site roughly 4 hours after my post...they're completely sold out again (and they had a fsr at the time too)...
Do you know when the new G9 Control is expected to hit the US?

Also, does anyone know how many pairs of the Shadow 5 and 6's were released?  The new Bodega G9 Controls are supposedly limited to 600 pairs - I wonder how that compares with past Bodega Saucony releases?

previous releases were supposedly limited to 300 pairs, or at least that's what the literature said when Bodega was announced as the curator for the Saucony Elite line.

Wow Saucony claiming that seems kind of suspect. I thought there would be at least 3 x that, but maybe my concept of scale is off.

"Saucony Elite is a boutique line of high-end trainers made exclusively for the Japanese market. They are made with premium materials and are limited to 300 pairs per style. They are designed by the Bodega design group for Saucony worldwide. NOTE: There are very few larger sizes due to the fact that it is primarily for the Japanese market."

Straight off the Bodega website.

Wow Saucony claiming that seems kind of suspect. I thought there would be at least 3 x that, but maybe my concept of scale is off.

I'm not sure if the 300 pairs holds true for the more recent releases, It seems plausible for the first few waves though since these weren't on anyone's radar at that point. I was finding pairs months later at retail until last year when suddenly people started taking a look at what was coming out from Saucony.

One of the things I miss about the first few releases is the Elite box, it was different from the regular Saucony box that all of the releases seem to come in now, and I really wish they'd have done a shirt with that logo.

anyone know if there will be any restocks of the bodega g9 collab? i missed the westnyc restock in my size today.

and btw, westnyc got a restock about an hour ago of both colorways

Last edited:
here's a shot (unfiltered) of the solebox x saucony shadow 5000 "three brothers part 2" in the pink/grey cw...

and just fyi...they're size 8, and they fit me perfect/ever-so-slightly loose (i'm tts 8.5)...

Back
Top Bottom