Official Seattle Mariners 2009 Season Thread Vol. Season Over

Doing it... Washburn getting his third straight is dope; hopefully it'll spark a friendly competition in the bullpen.

Originally Posted by finnns2003

-GET BELTRE OUT OF THE CLEANUP SPOT.
Co-Sign

who do you think they should slide into that spot? Branyan or Lopez, Joh?

wow, down 5-0 already. no idea who should be hitting cleanup but beltre and junior are both sucking major %!! right now. hitting well below mendoza

Yeah the bats in the middle need to heat it up, as of right now maybe Washburn can bat cleanup too.

Only 2 hits
smh.gif

this one is over. get em tomorrow fellas, felix pitching. unfortunately we face shields who is very good himself. our lineup better be different.

junior and beltre are black holes in our lineup right now. bat junior and beltre lower in the order, bat lopez higher, bat branyan cleanup when he comes back.we're in first but that'll change if we keep these bums in the middle of the lineup.

You know I'm almost open to bat Ichiro 3rd. Put Chavez back at leadoff and Ichiro 3rd and Branyan cleanup, Griffey 5th and Beltre maybe 2nd or 6th. But infairness the M's have been without Branyan, Johjima, and now Sweeney. Maybe a return of those guys can spark something I dunno. I would just like to seethe M's contend to at least the trading deadline so maybe they'd be inclined to make a deal with a real power hitter. M's need a big outing by KingFelix tma for big series win. Cya guys back tma!

The thing is, we're still in April... should Wak jump to start making a bunch of changes, or should he give the big bats a bit more time to find theirstroke?

Originally Posted by SinnerP

The thing is, we're still in April... should Wak jump to start making a bunch of changes, or should he give the big bats a bit more time to find their stroke?
I can agree it is early and we have some injured bats on the bench but I mean it isnt like this offense has any continuity anyways either...sochanges shouldnt screw up the players rhythm any worse than it already it is

He definitely needs to adjust the lineup and play around with the possibilities to see what works better. It can't hurt to try

and more important than changing the lineup someone needs to tell these dudes to draw some damn walks..we swing at everything

Edit: I think Yuni needs to be moved up too
nerd.gif
...not really feeling Indy in that 2 hole

The Mariners it almost seems are putting Griff in the 3 hold because of his name and not his ability at this point. Go figure though. Like most of you hit onthough, there is no clear cut power hitter in this lineup. I really want to what Sweeney could do as an everyday player, but I doubt that will happen.

The top two spots in their lineup is perfect, but they need Lopez hitting 3rd and bring in a real deal power hitter for the cleanup spot and let Griffey andBeltre play it out for the 5th spot.

Bottom line is that this lineup wasn't going to wow anybody anyway...They just need get a little more consistent because it's the pitching that willcarry this team no matter what.

^ you're a genius. lopez hitting 3rd today.
laugh.gif

ichiroooo with the leadoff homer, that ball will flyyyyyy awayyyyyy

Originally Posted by finnns2003

we win again, king felix pitched superb. our offense still blows though. 10-6!

Yeah seriously as great as a win feels it really overshadows how bad the offense is.
ohwell.gif

This #%+$ is unbearable to watch at times...god this is going to catch up with us
smh.gif

We cant expect our 3 starters to pitch gems every time out

i agree. gutierrez, lopez, junior, beltre all hitting below mendoza. yuni hasn't walked yet. johjima is hurt. branyan is hurt. sweeney is hurt. chavez iscooling off. the offense is looking bad and i hope we make some changes. number one play wlad more. he's just as productive as junior and has potential.keep lopez at the three spot, hopefully he'll heat up. knock beltre down to seventh. this offense makes every pitcher look like cy young.

2re5h7c.jpg

was at the game today, best seats in the stadium in my opinion (minus the benefits of having diamond club..)

Yet another E by Yuni??? this is getting ridiculous.

And I haven't watched a lot of the games this season, but is Lopez really a medium-term solution for our struggling offense? The guy's hitting under.200 (as of today) and I never imagined him as an 'offensive force'...

Yeah, its still very early, but I guess I wouldn't mind seeing some juggling before our big bats get their act together... like Chavez going back toleadoff and Ichi hitting 3rd, maybe?

Beltre with 2 K's
smh.gif

nice seats up there, wow. and sinner, no idea man. we are the least patient team in the league. where are the walks???

guys put me up on morrow....i see he has 5 saves (on pace for 50 lol)...do you guys honestly think this will hold up throughout the year?

Back
Top Bottom