Official Seattle Mariners 2009 Season Thread Vol. Season Over

pimp.gif

That was good today. Need to keep getting Morrow on track.

ahhh... here's the M's thread! I was wondering why all the other MLB teams seemed to have a thread except for the M's... I was stuck having tofirst post in the Twins thread, then move onto the A's thread...

Anyway, good win... time to go watch the actual game archived on MLBTV

just watched the highlights, some clutch hitting from johjima and lopez. great stuff. let's get the sweep this afternoon.

Really surprised Johjima had that clutch hit, I think he was hittin something like .180 with risp. Great win tho, hopefully Bedard can complete the sweep.

As i posted in the Rangers season thread, How do y'all feel about making an AL West thread?
Besides the A's thread, we're all struggling to keep our threads in the first two pages
laugh.gif

Someone can go ahead and make it or I'll make it tonight or tomorrow.

Bedard was dealing today, nice win and sweep. After last year you can't help but be optimistic after this good start.

Good series guys. Good luck on your next few games. I can only imagine how we're going to do against Boston. ugh. Just nice to know the level ofcompetition s rising in the West.

shelter.broom_curve.jpg

It was an awesome series, and I respect the A's and their fans a lot. Although, I would be a lot happier with a series win over the Angels; I hate theAngels with a passion. The only time I rooted for the Angels was when Danny Glover was their manager and Tony Danza played for them.

laugh.gif
great series, good games A's fans. now we FINALLY get our opening series at home. i'm liking the vibes of our new skipper. dude is calm and makinggreat decisions, so much better than that buffoon mclaren.

Hey just a quick question to you guys, I'm located in the Bay Area so I was thinking of ordering the mlb.tv program or getting the mlb ticket on cable towatch the M's. Any of you guys use mlb.tv? Is it worth it? I tried seeing if you could watch games on one of those sites u can watch other streaming sportsor something but I guess baseball is blocked from those sites. Any feedback would help, thanks!

yeah i've been a mlb.tv member for 3 years now. at first it was crappy, picture would studder, wasn't very compatible with macs... but they streamlinedit, it works great now. i have premium subscription so all games are in HD. worth it to me.

Originally Posted by finnns2003

yeah i've been a mlb.tv member for 3 years now. at first it was crappy, picture would studder, wasn't very compatible with macs... but they streamlined it, it works great now. i have premium subscription so all games are in HD. worth it to me.

Thanks for the feedback, yea its a tough choice because for a $60 more I can watch it on tv instead (although not on HD with comcast). I guess I could use the$169 I saved by not subscribing to NBA ticket last season since the Sonics left and watch the M's. Another thing is I don't wanna pay to see anotherlosing season (I know I'm not a true fan by saying that) but hey we're in a recession haha, Decisions, decisions, thanks for the input tho.

Originally Posted by daglove20

Originally Posted by finnns2003

yeah i've been a mlb.tv member for 3 years now. at first it was crappy, picture would studder, wasn't very compatible with macs... but they streamlined it, it works great now. i have premium subscription so all games are in HD. worth it to me.

Thanks for the feedback, yea its a tough choice because for a $60 more I can watch it on tv instead (although not on HD with comcast). I guess I could use the $169 I saved by not subscribing to NBA ticket last season since the Sonics left and watch the M's. Another thing is I don't wanna pay to see another losing season (I know I'm not a true fan by saying that) but hey we're in a recession haha, Decisions, decisions, thanks for the input tho.
Do you have any family in Seattle? If you do and they watch Mariner games too, get a slingbox.

one more thing about mlb.tv, they have a lot of cool features like picture-in-picture and home/away feeds. i don't like listening to certain broadcastteams so it comes in handy
laugh.gif

daglove20 wrote:
Hey just a quick question to you guys, I'm located in the Bay Area so I was thinking of ordering the mlb.tv program or getting the mlb ticket on cable to watch the M's. Any of you guys use mlb.tv? Is it worth it? I tried seeing if you could watch games on one of those sites u can watch other streaming sports or something but I guess baseball is blocked from those sites. Any feedback would help, thanks!

I'm in Asia, so the only way I can get my M's fix is via MLB TV... I went for their Premium pack this season and I must say, while the video quality isoutstanding (I've never watched baseball in HD), there have been some glitches to their new Adobe video player. Video stutter, picture loss, etc... but Ithink thats all due to it being a new system. The worst was the other day when Wash was pitching an outstanding game. The problem occured during the MLB TVcommercial break at the middle of the 9th. A few minutes had passed but they were still showing that looped commercial. I go to gamecast and see that theyhad already resumed playing, but the video showed NOTHING. So I sit through a great pitching duo only to miss out the bottom of the 9th and Morrow'sshakey save.
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom