Official Seattle Mariners 2009 Season Thread Vol. Season Over

Its frustrating... the thing is, I think the M's can still have a good, over-.500 season, but the Angels just can't seem to lose... too tough.

Freakin Bedard... did he have this many injuries at Baltimore???

Bedard pisses me off....*sigh* Eh, whatever. It was still a good run. I'm not losing all hope just yet though. You never know in July.

Felix is entitled to a few bad losses each season, but this one couldn't have come at a worse time...
smil3eaf1b4f4c211.gif
smil3eaf1b4f4c211.gif
smil3eaf1b4f4c211.gif
smil3eaf1b4f4c211.gif

This team gave up. So as a fan I will too. Not watching anymore ballgames this year, cancelling my mlb subscription package. This is typical Seattle baseball,every @%@%@ year.

Originally Posted by finnns2003

This team gave up. So as a fan I will too. Not watching anymore ballgames this year, cancelling my mlb subscription package. This is typical Seattle baseball, every @%@%@ year.
Ha. That's a typical Seattle fans move too.

It's not looking good, but it isn't over just yet.

^ I agree... I'm not giving up on the team... playoffs are almost impossible, but that doesn't mean I should abandon them... Jr's stuggling, butI'm still gonna hope for something special during each of his AB's... who knows if when he'll retire... appreciate it while we still can...

smh.gif
don't be a bandwagon fan...

Going to the game this afternoon. I sure hope Halladay doesn't get traded this morning so I can see him pitch.

Originally Posted by SinnerP

^ I agree... I'm not giving up on the team... playoffs are almost impossible, but that doesn't mean I should abandon them... Jr's stuggling, but I'm still gonna hope for something special during each of his AB's... who knows if when he'll retire... appreciate it while we still can...

smh.gif
don't be a bandwagon fan...
give me a break.
laugh.gif

this team has pulled the same #%@^ for 30+ years. they have wasted 5-6 HOF'ers careers and failed to win a pennant. the ownership doesn't even give acrap if the team wins. the fans stop caring because this franchise has never shown it wants to take that next step.

so please. bandwagon fan? i wear a piece of mariners gear everyday. but i'm not about to waste my time watching these guys not care out there.

washburn will be gone soon, it's all but certain. bedard is on the DL. vargas was fool's gold. rowland-smith is mediocre. this team fell off'roadrunner' fast.

^
laugh.gif
I'm just giving you a hard time... but I guess we should at least give Jack and the team the benefit of a doubt... Jack's done a decent job thusfar.

But damn RRS with the strong performance... didn't think we had a chance today with Halliday...

me either. no hitter until 7. i still think washburn is a goner, and bedard is hurt. can't win with guys like olson and vargas pitching.

Yanks would've gave u guys a way better package for washburn... too bad no G.M wants to trade with us, they just rape us for our top guys
laugh.gif

Yanks would've gave u guys a way better package for washburn... too bad no G.M wants to trade with us, they just rape us for our top guys
laugh.gif

Its all over,
ohwell.gif
but it doesn't mean we can't still enjoy therest season and go crazy when Jr. hits a homer... just appreciate
smokin.gif
theguy in what could be his final season...
tired.gif

Anyway...
laugh.gif

76f843a435ff9cb81a6608bd450b46d2-getty-85132365rm006_seattle_marin.jpg
9eeacadcf54a4c138a0d0ceb8d1c9b98-getty-85132365rm007_seattle_marin.jpg
099d1394e297e200c828c3593268a0d9-getty-85132365rm005_seattle_marin.jpg

i did too, but things got bad in a hurry. no more bedard. no more washburn. our big 3 is now... one ace.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by finnns2003

i did too, but things got bad in a hurry. no more bedard. no more washburn. our big 3 is now... one ace.
laugh.gif

They sure did. You knew with this team, they had to be at full strength during the whole run for this team to even come close to competing. Now, it seems theseason has caught up them.

Maybe they have one last burst somehow, but for all intensive purposes, this season is over.

too bad, because junior and ichiro deserve more than this franchise has given them. the owner doesn't even live in the same country. the front office couldcare less about championships. and the fans are not coming out to watch anymore. franchise is being run down the tubes.

I'm disappointed like everyone else, but in fairness we have to see what the trades bring out the next year. I honestly don't think after we got sweptby the Tribe last weekend that the postseason was in our sights. If Washburn resigns next year and the Mariners spend some of the money they will save by notresigning Bautista, Beltre, dare i say Griffey ='( etc on some bats I think the team will come out better next year. If only Beltre didn't get hurt itwould've been interesting if the bats heated up to at least contend for the Wild Card behind Boston. But man those Angels really took off...give themcredit they got white hot and pulled away.

I was really hoping the Mariners were going to win the division, even the wc would have been cool.

some of those guys should donate their paychecks to charity with their performances this season. griffey, lopez, beltre were all craptastic.

Back
Top Bottom