Official Seattle Mariners 2009 Season Thread Vol. Season Over

Originally Posted by heelntoe wit my nyks

ICHIRO!!!! Seven in the seventh. Someone just won $7G's.
eek.gif
eek.gif

I always here them say that & I'm like
laugh.gif
yeahright

Now it happens!!

what a catch by guti! i'm liking this ballclub so far. good defense, good pitching, and some clutch hitting finally.

Originally Posted by finnns2003

what a catch by guti! i'm liking this ballclub so far. good defense, good pitching, and some clutch hitting finally.

Seconded, hope we ride this high the whole season... One can wish...

Pitching has been great so far excluding Silva's first start and that hiccup by Marrow last week

WOW, I'm soooo late... just caught the highlights of the game thus far... WOW!

roll.gif
6 straight! i'm loving it.

it's funny, all my favorite teams have seemed to turn it around in extreme fashion. celtics went from the worst team in the east to champions. the dolphinswent from 1-15 to afc east champs. can the mariners complete the trifecta?!

Dave Sims calling Jr.'s HR on TV...
sweat.gif

Bring back Rizzo, or better yet, let Niehaus call the entire game!

Originally Posted by SinnerP

Dave Sims calling Jr.'s HR on TV...
sweat.gif

Bring back Rizzo, or better yet, let Niehaus call the entire game!

That's what I'm saying...I leave for school and then get back to find this douche bag yappin'...What are the Mariners thinking with this? I'mseriously curious if anyone has any insight...

Man..this is crazy. After all these seasons of failing and just getting used to being disappointed; this start we're having is starting to help erase allthat pain.

I would've never imagined we'd start like this, but this is awesome from a fan's standpoint. Hopefully Ichiro's VERY successful return tonightis just a glimpse of the future of this season, and what this team can do as a whole.

2-0-1 this season so far, and looking at a second straight sweep of an AL West rival. Wow.

I never understood why Niehaus calls like the first few innings and then they put that !%% wipe on
laugh.gif

I cant stand Sims

Originally Posted by Elpablo21

I never understood why Niehaus calls like the first few innings and then they put that !%% wipe on
laugh.gif

I cant stand Sims
heh, you're telling me. whomever they stick in there after dave takes off sucks. i remember when... hmm i think it was dave valle was inthere? and rick rizzs, what a buffoon. he's the gus johnson of baseball commentators.

i ended up switching to the angels broadcast. mlb.tv let's you choose. i'd rather listen to hudler's homer @!% than sims.

laugh.gif

I cant stand Sims

my dude niehaus is gettin old. ichiro is the guy though, he said, "im back *$&%#"

goose bumps when griffey high fived ichiro for the homer

laugh.gif

I cant stand Sims

They've been doing this for as long as I can remember... it used be Niehaus calling the first few inning on TV then switching to radio, with Rizz doing theopposite. Now its Sims, with Rizzo exclusively on the radio (I think)... I didn't used to like Rizz, but after a few seasons with Sims, I'll gladlytake Rizz over him.

EDIT ~ and for those with Gameday Audio, hear Niehaus' call on Jr.'s HR at the 1h:43min mark. He almost said "the Kindome" too...
laugh.gif

Rizz called Ichiro's Salami (2h:45min)

smokin.gif

a5926bdafe6b7abcf4c90ed452d12b1e-getty-85140725og017.jpg

Going for the sweep, I like how Jakubaukus is pumping strikes and getting ahead of hitters so far. Just need a little run support now!

Back
Top Bottom