Official Seattle Mariners 2009 Season Thread Vol. Season Over

Who the *!#$ is that pitching?
laugh.gif

It's only a matter of time before that Mariners rotation comes back to Earth some...

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Who the *!#$ is that pitching?
laugh.gif

It's only a matter of time before that Mariners rotation comes back to Earth some...
who says that they're overachieving? bedard and felix are two aces. washburn has had much success in the past. silva used to be decent. thiskid has some talent.

stick to analyzing the rangers' crappy pitching.
laugh.gif

Washburn hasn't been better than league average since 2005... Silva sucks, there's no debating that... And this 'kid' is 30. Stop kiddingyourself, this dude and Rowland-Smith are spares...
laugh.gif

The Rangers pitching doesn't change the fact them three dudes aren't any good, whether you wanna admit it to yourself or not...

I'm not saying they'll be awful... Bedard and Felix are good enough to carry the rest of these scrubs to some extent... But the back three pitchers onthis staff aren't throwing the ball like this all season long. Mediocre pitchers are mediocre pitchers... And I'm not convinced that lineup is goodenough over the long haul to carry the load when Silva is throwing out a 6 ERA and 1.60 WHIP over 160 innings, and Washburn is back around his usual 4.50ERA...

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Washburn hasn't been better than league average since 2005... Silva sucks, there's no debating that... And this 'kid' is 30. Stop kidding yourself, this dude and Rowland-Smith are spares...
laugh.gif

The Rangers pitching doesn't change the fact them three dudes aren't any good, whether you wanna admit it to yourself or not...

I'm not saying they'll be awful... Bedard and Felix are good enough to carry the rest of these scrubs to some extent... But the back three pitchers on this staff aren't throwing the ball like this all season long. Mediocre pitchers are mediocre pitchers... And I'm not convinced that lineup is good enough over the long haul to carry the load when Silva is throwing out a 6 ERA and 1.60 WHIP over 160 innings, and Washburn is back around his usual 4.50 ERA...
I dont like Silva either but he has made a commetment to losing weight and trying to get better. If Washburn ends the year with a .500 record, aswell as whoever our 5th starter is, Im happy. And why does age matter?

As for hitting, I didnt think our team would be hitting the ball this well either. I expect Chavez to come back to earth soon. But this new management andcoach has all players playing to the best of their abilities, so who knows.

I will say this tho, It will be a much closer race in the West than what people expected. Go Mariners
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by janoy

I dont like Silva either but he has made a commetment to losing weight and trying to get better. If Washburn ends the year with a .500 record, as well as whoever our 5th starter is, Im happy. And why does age matter?

As for hitting, I didnt think our team would be hitting the ball this well either. I expect Chavez to come back to earth soon. But this new management and coach has all players playing to the best of their abilities, so who knows.

I will say this tho, It will be a much closer race in the West than what people expected. Go Mariners
pimp.gif
Age matters in this case because he's a 30 year old that hasn't ever thrown a big league pitch before this season... Ain't a chance inhell I'm buying into that kinda guy being worth a damn over the long haul...

Really, I don't know that I'd be surprised by a .500 record at the end of the year from Washburn, but I still think it's wishful thinking... Evenin 2005 when he was right at league average, he only finished 8-8.. Hasn't finished above .500 since 2004... Just think it's unlikely for a 34 year oldwhose peripherals haven't been very good in 4 years...

Iffy decision to pull Jabawockie out there though...
smh.gif

Dude gives you 5 innings of good ball, hasn't walked anybody, he's throwing strikes... Only thrown 80 pitches and you yank him that quick?
ohwell.gif
That's a Ron Washington-esque mismanagement...
laugh.gif

wlad killed us swinging at ball 4 with the bases loaded. and then corcoran comes in and throws meat balls down the middle. game over. bad managing today bywak... i don't think wlad should be anywhere near a major league lineup.

Eh, there goes the win streak, Saunders was dealing tonight and that horrendous inning cost the M's. Let's see how this team regroups tma with theirAce on the mound.

I disagree. Wlad really cost us momentum. It was a key moment in the game with the bases loaded and he swings at a ball in the opposing batter's box. Hesucks and shouldn't be in the majors.

Good series overall. I'll take consecutive wins over OAK and LAA.

laugh.gif
wrong thread...

-Edit-

why waste a post?
laugh.gif

Good series. First game could have gone either way but you guys took advantage of our mistakes and took it.
I was impressed with your guys' pitching this series. Minus that dude that came out the pen today
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by finnns2003

Absolutely... we shouldn't be too critical... we're off to a strong start and thats more than what I can ask for...

Originally Posted by finnns2003

I disagree. Wlad really cost us momentum. It was a key moment in the game with the bases loaded and he swings at a ball in the opposing batter's box. He sucks and shouldn't be in the majors.

Word. That whole sequence was horrific. First by swinging at the first pitch after a hit batter, then to swing at the two pitches he did was crap. Adding moreinsult to injury was the fact that the pitcher let him get back ahead in the count only to strike him out on the 5th or 6th changeup of the at bat. Justhorrible.

Originally Posted by erupt107th

laugh.gif
wrong thread...

-Edit-

why waste a post?
laugh.gif

Good series. First game could have gone either way but you guys took advantage of our mistakes and took it.
I was impressed with your guys' pitching this series. Minus that dude that came out the pen today
laugh.gif
Yeah I didn't expect it to be honest, because you missed Felix and Bedard. Another series in LA next week.

And yeah 651, I agree. I couldn't belieeeeeve he swung at those pitches in the dirt. And then swings in the next batter's box, dude is horrible. Andslow in the outfield to boot. Needs to go asap. No value to the ballclub, long-term or short-term.

Balentine is horrific..dude just has no plate discipline...then again he is young and is just eager to prove his worth in the big leagues. Unfortunatelyswinging at everything in sight does nothing except send him down a little quicker

Jak did a great job for us in his first start by throwing strikes and avoiding walks. I really like him as our 5th, I mean it's better than having'Haikus' Bautista

I didn't watch the whole game, but Jak was on a pitch-count limit right? Overall, how did he look? I only caught the last 2 innings.

Back
Top Bottom