OFFICIAL Seattle Mariners 2010 Season Thread: 7/22 - 7/25 vs. BOS (37-60)

Seattle in Summer at Safeco eating Garlic Fries and drinking a Red Hook. Not caring what the score is,  good times.
But I agree with a lot of people in this thread, Seattle and WA in general, is a bandwagon town. And, a lot of it has to do with the shame of our numerous losing teams/seasons, disappointments, and inconsistency following a good season.

Also, the city hasn't had a major superstar since Ichiro arrived in 2001.  Interest goes down when we keep getting second tier players and keeping letting are stars or potential stars go (KD, Adam Jones).

The only true allegiance in this state are Huskies and Cougars, through good and bad times. 

I still think that a big part of it is trusting the front office, for M's fans. I know it's widespread and applies to fans of every team, but Seattle fans in general have been given a bad deal for a decade. Howard Linclown and Chuck Armstrong finally hire a guy who knows what he's doing in Zdru.... Z
laugh.gif

I remember the 2001 M's season, we were all supporting these guys. But the team managed to somehow miss the WS (like the mid-90's M's teams) and fans are sick and tired of the M's being one of the few teams to never play in a WS. It has to change. The M's don't own 1 pennant in their history with fabled guys like Junior, Edgar, Unit, Ichiro, and A-Rod, and that's just sad.

Being from cali, Ive stuck by seattle teams thru its up n downs, nothin makin me more sick having to look at Laker and Angels fans tinkin they the beez knees.. cant wait 4 the Pacific Northwest to get some love around the country... From College Teams to Pro teams, we are an after thought unless we do something amazing. keep ballin M's and your Due recognition will come.

^ I didn't catch the end of the game, but I've seen Lowe buckle hitters with that slider... point is, we've seen him have success with that pitch when everyone's waiting for his fastball. Tough call I suppose.

Originally Posted by SinnerP

Wow, tremendous effort by Byrnes...
it was, we should have been out of the inning already with Tui's tag at 2nd though
mad.gif

Man that was tough... back-to-back walk-off losses... on homers too???

Mark Lowe tried to 'outsmart' them by throwing a slider when most would be expect his heater ~ Hung it, walk-off homer
DA tried to overpower them by throwing his fastball... challenging them ~ Up and out over the plate, walk-off homer

Wasted such a strong start by Fister too...
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

Im still annoyed by this lost
smh.gif

2 bombs and a walk, DA is our guy in the bullpen and we're already light as hell in that department..if he's figured out I dont know what to think....Im still annoyed by them taking away Tui's 3rd out earlier in the game..they call that correctly..they dont even get their two damn runs to begin with
smh.gif

*goes back to rejoicing over Pete's successful draft*

Back
Top Bottom