OFFICIAL SEPTEMBER '13 NIKE OUTLET/WEBSITE/STORE UPDATE THREAD - DO NOT MAKE REQUESTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
THose KDs have been at every outlet i went to the past month, its a mediocre price. to each his own though

I went to citadel today and came away with some steals (multicolor flyknit racer and 3m snake dunk mid) both returns. aside from that dont waste your time UNLESS you want...

AM 95 360 Dynamic Flywire (?) SUNSET - sz 10 and under - 89.99 and 20% off this weekend

I would have bought if my size

Not really an update but on instagram they have a page with @rossfinds. Maybe that can help some of you find things. Someone found a pair of Olympic 6s and other things.

No need to hate, alot of people don't have outlets close to them to check daily for steals like myself and without Oldsole73 and his website, i would not have found or even come across certain deals on great shoes. Not everyone has time to call every single outlet and hassle workers on the price of the sneakers in their store.

We have someone here spreading good deals and good information, and i doubt the monetary value he has earned from me visiting his site even compares to the amount of money i saved on sneakers phone ordering from deals he has posted.

Information is not stolen, it is reshared, and he doesn't claim to find it himself, many a times he has tagged the instagram/twitter user who donated the info and has a "submit a steal" tab so you know its a community driven thing.

you say the outlet experience has been ruined, but in reality, his site and this forum have enhanced it ten fold for many of us.
Wow...

(EDIT: I guess i can't post a persons pm in here)

and to not waste post space

FIRE RED 5's SIZE 11 FOR RETAIL ONLINE

http://store.nba.com/catalog/product/Jordan_Retro_5_Basketball_Shoe_-_White_Fire_Red_Black

Last edited:
Wild that these BHMs are hitting Marshalls instead of Nike outlets. Why is that the case? Maybe I should head to my local spot to see if they have anything.

Wild that these BHMs are hitting Marshalls instead of Nike outlets. Why is that the case? Maybe I should head to my local spot to see if they have anything.

honestly, its nothing new. PE shoes have shown up at stores like Ross and Marshalls many times in the past and its not Nike exclusive either.
I remember seeing Kansas Jayhawk PE and Louisville Cardinal PE adidas in the past at my local ross.

as to not derail this thread any further (my bad J)...one last comment....actually questions really...

How many Nike retail locations do you think there is in the US? (Google is your friend)
Less then 75 (factory stories, niketowns, Clearence stores, two employee stores, pop up speciality shops)

What is your definition of Mom and Pop?
Sounds like there ALOT of retailers in between your "corporate" clients and "mom and pop"....where are the Sports Authorities, Modells, *****, etc....(sorry those are just a few tri-state area based)

If your referring to "moms and pops" as the packers, Ubiq's, Atmos...then your argument is somewhat shaky...

Just from a numbers stand point...again in the tri state area alone...there is easily over 500 to 1000 what you refer to as Mom and Pops...who carry multiple runs of Melos and Jordan Fly's, and 17 different colors of dunks..and tons of other crap...so that when the Retro Jay drops or the Yeezys drop, they will be on the list...

So with that being said, why would Nike want to minimize the allocation of there product from 10's of thousands across the country, to less then 75 doors...where pain in the *** kids only want to buy "heat" and wait for everything else to go on sale???

Gotta take your "sneakerhead" hat off...and put on your "business man" hat....

Again, my apologises to the thread and J...please carry on with the outlet discussion...

But, you know that many, many of those mom and pop stores are way behind on their accounts anyway. ...And, as to why Nike would cut out the mom and pops - perhaps because it drastically increases the profit margin? Nike doesn't get $160 on a pair of Jordan retros when Foot Locker sell one to you.Those retros are bought from Nike by FL at about half of MSRP. So, eliminating the middle man massively increases the margins. Plus, you get the savings from consolidating and streamlining the administrative component of managing accounts. Mom and pops that perform can outrun the predator, but the clock is ticking on middling mom and pops, for sure.

The complaining really needs to stop.
And how come those complaining the most don't contribute as much as a hint of an update?

I have never seen this noholdingback character on here yet he's venting like he owns the place.

The complaining and lack of updates is the reason why I generally moderate this thread so heavily. The people that vent don't do squat.

And, that's pretty much it.

Everybody thinks they are above being part of the problem and wants to point the finger everywhere put in the mirror. Oldsole has put in WORK. He's contributed more to this thread over the years than damn near anybody. Before sites like sneakersteal and kicksdeals, it was people complaining about the lurkers. ...Well, guess what us old guys complained about before any of that - MESSAGE BOARDS. ...But, accept how it is. Love it or leave it. The inherent desire for information is to be free. Information aggregation is its own industry. Old Sole capitalized on that in the sneaker venue. So, good for him.

You find your own information, you are free to do whatever you want it. Share it on NT, on other places, or hoard it. But, this is other people's info - info placed in a public forum. There's nothing to complain about. It's just a bunch of kids with entitlement issues thinking they have some sort of moral high ground in the "sneaker game" that makes them entitled to info and other browsers of the interwebs less worthy. This hobby - at this level at least - doesn't work that way. Some hobbies do - but this one doesn't. So, again, love it or leave it.

Just saw Dow added Nike, with Visa and Goldman Sachs...their stock rose 3% yesterday.....when a company start caring more about the shareholders than the customers that a bad sign of tings to come...which I think will start watering down the brand...make so much sense why they would drop the "outlet" theme...
A company has the highest duty (of care and loyalty) to its shareholders--not the customers.  They have an obligation to maximize profits for their shareholders.

Its sad that oldsole73 aka cork clothing aka 'support your local connect' aka 'steals not deals'
destroyed every bit of fun this thread once was by trying to profit off outlet sales.

You really had to "STEAL" the info of jordans at castle rock that was for people on this site so you can try and profit and get some blog fame?
This thread should really be shut down because its really not the same anymore thanks to this person.

You ruin the outlet experience for people with their local outlets and people actually finding "steals" on their own with old fashion detective work.

Again its sad you are trying to profit off this thread and outlets.

I guess you arent that good at your real job of selling bike parts or whatever it is.

Shoutout to 160jordansdeep -- almost ran over you on delancy. nice AM90s you had on :smile:

No need to hate, alot of people don't have outlets close to them to check daily for steals like myself and without Oldsole73 and his website, i would not have found or even come across certain deals on great shoes. Not everyone has time to call every single outlet and hassle workers on the price of the sneakers in their store.
We have someone here spreading good deals and good information, and i doubt the monetary value he has earned from me visiting his site even compares to the amount of money i saved on sneakers phone ordering from deals he has posted.
Information is not stolen, it is reshared, and he doesn't claim to find it himself, many a times he has tagged the instagram/twitter user who donated the info and has a "submit a steal" tab so you know its a community driven thing.
you say the outlet experience has been ruined, but in reality, his site and this forum have enhanced it ten fold for many of us.

I can see where people are coming from about the cork "ordeal" is thats the way you want to call it

BUT

I love what he does. This thread (which you're posting in and constantly reading, for whats out there) is here to see what can be picked up in what Outlets. If I find a good deal at my local outlet I post it up for you to have a chance to cop as well. Obviously we're on the internet looking in an "Outlet thread" for shoes. So we should all be glad that he does what he does, and thats not even mentioning that he's doing this for all of us for free. He's a sneakerhead just like the people posting in here. I don't see how he's getting any kickbacks from doing what he does? So whats the difference in me posting hey, theres a FSR of Blue Rookies at the premium outlets in PHX AZ for $85 and heres the number. Its the same thing just he does it on a bigger scale and he's helping more people than you realize.

You may still disagree and thats the beauty of this forum. Say your piece and keep it moving. No reason to keep griping about the same thing for pages and pages

I hope neither of you take this the wrong way, but if you've been spoon fed by him, then of course you don't see a problem with it. You don't know any better.

I touched on this last year, and basically said the same thing NoHoldinBack said. Oldsole took something that was unique to this website, and turned a profit on it. He took something that was relatively low key, and blew it up.

Outlets were going in a bad direction prior to me starting "Cork" or "Sneakersteal". Price hikes at clearance store level to No Phone orders on hyped kicks and the 48 hour rule. I started SNEAKERSTEAL to give people a fair chance at shoes that they would normally never be in the running for. The "Standard" before in this thread was (Find some gems / Text your friends / Buy up all the stock / Then post info ) What that caused was salty comments followed by the original poster to say "Put in work" or "Stop being lazy" etc. I wanted to create something where you can still contribute if you wanted but ultimately I would offer up a service with no strings attached DAILY with no back and forth drama just good info about shoes. I'm not here to profit I'm here to do my part in changing this Sneaker community that has been on the decline as of late. Hate it or love it SNEAKERSTEAL is here to make a difference and I'll continue to do so until the good lord stops this good run. Thanks to everybody that supports SNEAKERSTEAL and to those that don't I still got love for you

STEALS NOT DEALS

http://www.sneakersteal.com

Outlets were going in a bad direction prior to me starting "Cork" or "Sneakersteal". Price hikes at clearance store level to No Phone orders on hyped kicks and the 48 hour rule. I started SNEAKERSTEAL to give people a fair chance at shoes that they would normally never be in the running for. The "Standard" before in this thread was (Find some gems / Text your friends / Buy up all the stock / Then post info ) What that caused was salty comments followed by the original poster to say "Put in work" or "Stop being lazy" etc. I wanted to create something where you can still contribute if you wanted but ultimately I would offer up a service with no strings attached DAILY with no back and forth drama just good info about shoes. I'm not here to profit I'm here to do my part in changing this Sneaker community that has been on the decline as of late. Hate it or love it SNEAKERSTEAL is here to make a difference and I'll continue to do so until the good lord stops this good run. Thanks to everybody that supports SNEAKERSTEAL and to those that don't I still got love for you

STEALS NOT DEALS

http://www.sneakersteal.com
i appreciate sneakersteal. Helps me get deals all the time

hey NTers i will be going to PNC park tomorrow to watch a game and wondering if there are any good Outlets or Ross's around close to the park please and thank you

Why not just post in this thread then? Why make the website?

Oh that's right, the website was already around, the outlet updates we're just added to push your clothing label.

Last edited:
hey NTers i will be going to PNC park tomorrow to watch a game and wondering if there are any good Outlets or Ross's around close to the park please and thank you

There's a Nike store about an hour north and another about half hour south. As for stores like Ross or Marshall's I'm not sure if any are near downtown. Best bet is to go into the Pittsburgh thread and ask there

No outlets or Ross stores remotely close to PNC

Check out social status on liberty ave & 7th ish

Last edited:
Along with sneaker villa, aka villa, on wood street. My personal go to local store

Haters will hate.

Call it what you want but SneakerSteal has hooked up a lot of us. His work was so good that it inspired me to take it to the next level and build my startup. Keep sharing deals/steals fellas and put a hand up on them haters.

marshalls on Fordham road had a 10 1/2 and two sz.11's in these(of course the one sneaker they have at marshalls in a normal sz, not my 13 :smh: ) they cost 40 bucks, not awesome, but I wanted them for a custom shoe project.

View media item 581010

Last edited:
Haters will hate.

Call it what you want but SneakerSteal has hooked up a lot of us. His work was so good that it inspired me to take it to the next level and build my startup. Keep sharing deals/steals fellas and put a hand up on them haters.

Who said he hasn't hooked people up?

You're one of the guys who doesn't know any better, so I can't really blame you for the way you feel.

Stopped by the Ross near my house and FINALLY found something good. But they weren't in my size 
mean.gif
. Sz 9.5 canary Lebron Xs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom