Official Slam Dunk Jordan Release Thread

these go for 450-500 all day on twitter even seen a pair for 440 but 
full
those will be gone quick. mostly desperate kids who will put those low prices to entice ppl and then have them compete against each other on who would pay the most for that pair.

got my pair after having to travel to the post office first impression is that this was money well spent. They are flashy but not overly flashy if that makes sense its also weird how with my dslr the 3m looks different than with my camera flash haha just subtle details but its dope nonetheless. They are a lot less 3m-ey than i expected them to be overall and i like that. As a fan of the manga/anime these are pure sex 
nthat.gif
first three shots are from my m8 the others from my dslr. 

The pics with the dslr show how they actually look in person. The first three pics are too white. Nevertheless nice pickup :smokin

Last edited:
Wake up at 5 AM expecting to buy this:

Instead got this:

The detail on the right shoe is just a bunch of nonsense (not to mention the image on the left shoe being flipped but at least that's in the original NDC pic). It doesn't communicate anything related to Slam Dunk. It's just noise. I'm returning these with a very frustrated email. Wake up to buy some shoes at 5 AM for this joke.

I pay Nike well over a grand a year and buy every stupid CP3 and Blake Griffin thing they make; now I can't even buy these shoes online because of the issue above. The alternative is to buy them off some consignment shop, or what's more likely to happen is that I just don't buy them at all. I've had enough frustrating experiences with Nike/JB over the years that I wonder why I even buy this junk that nobody needs at all.

View media item 1249241

Instead got this:

View media item 1249242

The detail on the right shoe is just a bunch of nonsense (not to mention the image on the left shoe being flipped but at least that's in the original NDC pic). It doesn't communicate anything related to Slam Dunk. It's just noise. I'm returning these with a very frustrated email. Wake up to buy some shoes at 5 AM for this joke.

I pay Nike well over a grand a year and buy every stupid CP3 and Blake Griffin thing they make; now I can't even buy these shoes online because of the issue above. The alternative is to buy them off some consignment shop, or what's more likely to happen is that I just don't buy them at all. I've had enough frustrating experiences with Nike/JB over the years that I wonder why I even buy this junk that nobody needs at all.

View media item 1249321

View media item 1249241

Instead got this:

View media item 1249242

i could see getting stuck with a actual set
but dude you really wanted this shoe by itself ?

its your money man but think twice

i used to make the same mistakes and then i woke up
i remember how many s#@%ty pairs of af 1/jordan fusions and other team jordan crap i used to buy at a discount or full price

some of the af 1/jordans where nice

never again
just stick with over priced retros

Last edited:

Instead got this:

this dude said a grand a year 
laugh.gif
 Most of us pay a grand a month 
roll.gif

this dude said a grand a year 
laugh.gif
 Most of us pay a grand a month 
roll.gif
I used to be like that, but one day I looked at a walk-in closet full of sneakers and asked myself what I was doing. So, I stopped. Now I just spend the money investing, traveling, and actually seeing basketball games. It's still a decent amount of money on something a person doesn't need (in addition to what I spend on Asics/Adidas gear), and there's no reason for the sloppy graphics. 

Last edited:
these run big like any jordan 6 correct?  im usually size 8.5.  anyone think i can squeeze into a size 8?  I dont own any jordan 6s so was wondering.  going to get a pair for 400$ and not going to negotiate the price lol. 

these run big like any jordan 6 correct?  im usually size 8.5.  anyone think i can squeeze into a size 8?  I dont own any jordan 6s so was wondering.  going to get a pair for 400$ and not going to negotiate the price lol. 
Unless your feet is wide, they run 0.5 big so you should be fine with 8. Maybe a little snug but shouldn't be unbearable.

ok sounds good thank you! yea i have little asian feet and really want this shoe so i just pulled the trigger at 400$. i dont think i can find cheaper now with all the ridiculous prices.....time to get rid of other stuff to pay for these haha.  

salty, the place I ordered my Super.Fly from just cancelled it and sent me a refund
mean.gif

i could see getting stuck with a actual set
but dude you really wanted this shoe by itself ?

its your money man but think twice

i used to make the same mistakes and then i woke up
i remember how many s#@%ty pairs of af 1/jordan fusions and other team jordan crap i used to buy at a discount or full price

some of the af 1/jordans where nice

never again
just stick with over priced retros

I have plenty of 6s. I usually buy the new BG shoe each year and I also read the Slam Dunk manga as a kid. I also shy away from icy soles as I don't like the yellowing.

I would be happy with the shoe. I'm just disappointed with the branding and consistency. If I showed my pair to a Slam Dunk fan, the shoees would be nearly unrecognizable to a fan as being inspired by or related to the IP.

My wize and my max price range congrats though !

ok sounds good thank you! yea i have little asian feet and really wa
My wize and my max price range congrats though !
thanks bud.  that was the max i would pay for these -_-.  I wanted to only do around 365 but the prices are too ridiculous.  Needed these since I love the manga.  Now just the little wait til they are shipped :smile: 

I have plenty of 6s. I usually buy the new BG shoe each year and I also read the Slam Dunk manga as a kid. I also shy away from icy soles as I don't like the yellowing.

I would be happy with the shoe. I'm just disappointed with the branding and consistency. If I showed my pair to a Slam Dunk fan, the shoees would be nearly unrecognizable to a fan as being inspired by or related to the IP.
I get what you're saying about the messy print, but I don't really care too much for the sketches and illustrations. If the SD 6 had no 3M illustrations, I still would have gotten it because it's a colorway inspired by the manga. Most collaborations are just re-colors anyway. I appreciate the SuperFly3 for being inspired by the team colors and I think the 3M is a nice touch as 3M, not necessarily for me to see the illustrations of the future Sakuragi. It was a nice concept and it's a shame the quality of the print was misleading in the advertisements (as always), but I'd still want one even if I didn't get the SD6. Just stating my opinion, but if you don't like it that's all good. Buy what you like and enjoy your collection.

Back
Top Bottom