:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Originally Posted by j o 19

I GOT RIT DYE ON THE PATENT LEATHER ON MY COOL GREY XI'S....I NEEED HELLPPPP WHAT CAN GET THIS OFF OR WHAT CAN I USE TO PAINT OVER IT

STILL SOME RIT DYE RESIDUE ON MY MIDSOLES AS WELL..WHAT CAN I USE TO GET IT OUT COMPLETELY OR PAINT OVER THE MIDSOLES??? HELP NEEDED!!!!

THANKX!
i wanted to clean my DMP XI  with rit but is it better to use bar keepers friend this^dude was talking bout it getting on the patent leather and midsole i tryed barkeepers friend it made a difference but i still wasnt happy 

Oh no.. 
ohwell.gif
I think my V's could be done.
dsc01493g.jpg

^ The Sole is basically coming apart from the bottom...
dsc01494p.jpg

You can see where the small crack is in the midsole..  Now I just wore them today for like 2 hrs and only the right pair is like this.. I'm thinking these are done. What are your thoughts.
tired.gif
And is there anything I can do to prevent it from separating any further..

Two questions, is there a way to get white shoe polish (I wasn't told what kind) off of the grey cement area on the Cement Spiz'Ikes? Second, is it safe if I take out the insole of my VII's to put powder in them?

fellas i have dmp concords and they got silica stains on em, is there a way to clean it off

I am hoping in doing this, it cuts down on the repetitive questions to this post, and let's me enjoy helping people with different questions, instead of the same ones 49 times a week

I hope this post is in the right place, I don't want to make a mistake in my first few posts on Nike talk. this tutorial has been stickied on ISS, on NikeSB, and on a couple other forums. so I wanted to share it with niketalk.

how do i clean the tabs on my 3's i wore my '09 true blues abt 5 times and they turned yellow already allong with my fire reds.... ANY HELP PLEASE!!!!

dontae wrote:
how do i keep the bottoms of the XI's lookin good and where can i find it at?
Seaglow helps to clean the bottoms and make em clear again. It wont make them look brand new but it will help alot, you need to tape up the sides of the shoe or something and only use it on the bottom sole cause it will eat through the glue that holds it to the shoe. you can find it at http://www.islandgirlproducts.com/clear.htm there should be specific instructions in this forum on how to use it tho, ive never tried it before but from what I heard it helps alot
shpongled25 wrote:
can u legitmately rock 2001 retros without worry?

I've seen people wear the cool grey XI's that came out in 2001 so there shouldn't be, it depends on the condition of the shoe though
Mikey23 wrote:
Wat kind of glue do u use if the sole separates from da shoe

I heard about something called shoe goo, it basically is a strong adhesive for the shoe reattaches the bottom to the rest of the shoe, i think you could find it at walmart but i would check online first

man i bought that sea glow %%@+ on ebay and all it did was f up the nubuck  on my varsity red and black 6s' i used a cloth and it ran down the side of the shoe and it turned it purple i was hella pissed

man i bought that sea glow +$#$ on ebay and all it did was f up the nubuck  on my varsity red and black 6s' i used a cloth and it ran down the side of the shoe and it turned it purple i was hella pissed

yea sea glow is the wierdest thing i have heard of to clean sneakers, it was made for boats but for some reason if you put it on the sole of the v's vi's or xi's and leave it out in the sun its supposed to make them almost completely clear again but it eats the glue used on the sole, ive never used it before and if it did that to the bred vi's then ill just let the soles yellow, not worth ruining sneakers like that just to fix up the soles

Back
Top Bottom