:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

I was seaglowing my concords recently and i must have left it out in the sun too long cause a little bit of the midsole started to separate. what kind of glue should i use to re-glue it?

^^ yea I got some at Walmart. And yes, it worked for me. I'm not sure about the gorilla glue because I've never used it but I see a lot of NTers saying the stuff works great. take a look through this thread there is a lot of good info on how to glue it back. Good luck.

ANYONE HAVE A WAY TO GET THE ASHY LOOK OFF THE BOTTOM OF THE FLU GAME XII? THE ARE WHITE ON THE BOTTOM??????????

389148923.jpg

^^ sir windycity this might sound awkward. at first i tried lotion, did not work. baby oil? havent tried it yet but i think it will work. what i used was, lubricant. haha. lubricant for you know what. it was effective. one even coating will do or as soon as it turns red again. when it turns ashy again, just repeat the process. it worked for me. im too lazy to post pics.

Windycity- I used Vaseline. I used some muscle while doin it and the was fresh again. Hope that helps

Question. Does anyone know if sea glow goes BAD? I've had my bottle since 06 and the liquid has turned sliiiightly different color.

Originally Posted by wigglez25

Could someone explain how to wash shoes in a washing machine
Remove laces and insole from sneaker
Use a brush to clean off all the loose dirt on the soles and anywhere else on the exterior of the shoe.
Stuff each shoe with socks to the point where they retain their overall shape. Dont over stuff them.
Get 2 pillow cases. Put one sneaker in each pillow case and tie a knot at the opening to prevent it from coming out
Wash in COLD water with towels or bed sheets that dont bleed out any color. This is really just to aid in the scrubbing of the shoe while in the washer.
Use a small amount of soap. Not as much as you would use on a normal wash load.
Let it go through the wash cycle.
Once finished, remove the shoes from the pilow cases and allow the shoe to fully air dry. DO NOT THROW YOUR SNEAKERS in the dryer. Let them air dry.

Originally Posted by wigglez25

Could someone explain how to wash shoes in a washing machine
Remove laces and insole from sneaker
Use a brush to clean off all the loose dirt on the soles and anywhere else on the exterior of the shoe.
Stuff each shoe with socks to the point where they retain their overall shape. Dont over stuff them.
Get 2 pillow cases. Put one sneaker in each pillow case and tie a knot at the opening to prevent it from coming out
Wash in COLD water with towels or bed sheets that dont bleed out any color. This is really just to aid in the scrubbing of the shoe while in the washer.
Use a small amount of soap. Not as much as you would use on a normal wash load.
Let it go through the wash cycle.
Once finished, remove the shoes from the pilow cases and allow the shoe to fully air dry. DO NOT THROW YOUR SNEAKERS in the dryer. Let them air dry.

i posted before a while back but need a refresh....
i have some black/red XII's that i need to shoe goo. the sole is separating after 2 wears from dried glue and need to get these things to be wearable again.
ive never used shoe good before with the exception of a TEST on my old spiridons and was basically a failed attempt.
looking for help from some1 who has done this before i try it on my old XIIs

looking for the safest way to do this without doing any damage to my shoe with a nice clean finish

ok...so ive been looking arround and reading arround...i was thinking sbout purchasing some sea glow...r there any percaution when using it?
i dont want my soles to separate?...also will the sea glow cause the yellowing to return and grow faster in the future...since i just seam to find
people who recently use it and not months/years later
thanks

ok...so ive been looking arround and reading arround...i was thinking sbout purchasing some sea glow...r there any percaution when using it?
i dont want my soles to separate?...also will the sea glow cause the yellowing to return and grow faster in the future...since i just seam to find
people who recently use it and not months/years later
thanks

Who knows how the hell I can get denim and liquor stains out of white suede? 
laugh.gif
smh.gif
Looks alot worse in person, and tana is useless...

all this info about shoe cleaning needs to be kept in better order with straight answers... the only thing i know for sure it you use angelus paint to paint midsoles.. you can use sandpaper for the midsoles except for the 3's for example since the sole is made of foam and would ruin it... and you can strip paint off but i guess just be careful of the rest of the shoe.

I recently sea glowed my space jams, on one of the shoes the clear sole started peeling from the carbon fiber (got too hot in the sun). I was going to use shoe goo to reattached it. Is this the best method to fix this issue??

theres seems to be alot mroe questions than answers in here...maybe a FAQ is in order?

What would you all recommend for painting the midsole on this shoe? I want to go from Red to Black.  I have seen that some of you have converted the Varsity Red VI's to infrared using the marker.  For a bigger job such as this, how would you go about it?  Thanks for the help
air-jordan-force-5-v-ajf-black-varsity-red-white-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom