:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Originally Posted by PresidentHudson

Yo NTers what up. I have a question wanna see if I can get it answered. A couple of weeks ago I was out partying and I had on my black/varsity red 6s. Well I had to much to drink (don't judge me lol) but I through up where I thought was cool. Well when I sobered up I noticed that some had splashed up onto my kicks. Now I'm pretty nervous about the situation because I don't wanna try and wash em but I have to get them clean. Any suggestions on a safe way to do that. Thanks in advance. Autograph

suede shoe cleaner, or you always fall back on dish soap, water, and a toothbrush

Originally Posted by budgetballin

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Originally Posted by moundraised23

What was the name of the pen or whatever that helps "mask" the cracking on the fire red 3s?

Hmmm.  Would like to know this as well. 
this.

anyone?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by ketchupking2

Any suggestions to keeping jumpman/nike swoosh on insole intact? happens to mea all the time

I remember this happening to me all the time, but the trick is to wear a fresh clean spanking new pair of Dri-Fit Nike socks.  
Either that or buying insoles to replace the existing ones 
laugh.gif

that jason markk cleaner is really good, but Idk the best way to clean old stains on suede? anyone have advice on best suede cleaner and best way to use?

thanks for the pic of the clarks product btw. am searching for that as we speak

After a couple sessions of SG'ing, I neglected to rinse off the excess w/warm, soapy water.  Now my soles are slick on carpet and slide everywhere.

I am contemplating some light, high grit sanding.  I read about using hairspray to make the soles sticky, but that would only add to the problem.  Any other suggestions?

This is for 09 Eggplant Foam's if anyone was wondering.

I might have missed this answer, but do you guys use angelus paint for Midsoles as well? Because it says it's only for leather.

I need a paint specifically for the midsoles of the III's.

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

I might have missed this answer, but do you guys use angelus paint for Midsoles as well? Because it says it's only for leather.

I need a paint specifically for the midsoles of the III's.
Angelus acrylic paint. Its the main 'go to' paint for the 3s, 4s, Dubz, Spizikes, etc.

2000 Black Cement III

Would anyone know how to fix or soften the plastic heel tab and basically the whole back

part of the shoe? My heel tab is crumbling and Nike Air has cracks top to bottom.

Thanks in advance.

I recently found my 97 Royal foams in a closet. there are parts of the shoe where the royal has rubbed off and is now white. Any idea on what i can do to fix them (ie paint). The soles are pretty much beat up as well. any ideas to restore this pair.

K heres a question i havent seen answered and I read the first 10 pages and the last 6. I have the infrared pack and as you all know it comes with two pairs of VI's sealed in plastic. I noticed theres a couple small holes but thats it. Is this a sign that Nike knows something??? Or is this just fancy packing that I should remove for fear of accelerated yellowing??? I have put two super small packs of silica in each box........Please advise!!!!

can some one tell me the best way to clean yellow shoe strings...and eyelet yellowing on the grapes

Originally Posted by MR23MJ

can some one tell me the best way to clean yellow shoe strings...and eyelet yellowing on the grapes

Assuming "shoe strings" means shoe laces...

My method for cleaning white laces (may be applicable to you):

1. Grab a soda or water bottle (20 oz. or 2-liter) and thoroughly clean it out.  Be sure to rinse when done.
2. Place laces inside bottle.
3. PLEASE EXERCISE CAUTION: Next, fill with extremely hot water (short of boiling) leaving a decent-sized pocket of air.
4. (At this step, I use RIT color remover, or sometimes a few drops of non-chlorine bleach, but for white laces only).  In your case, for colored laces, you may use laundry detergent.  However, don't add so much that you fill the bottle with nothing but suds.
5. Optional: I haven't tried it yet, but you may be able to add a small, round, smooth object to act as an agitator.
6. Replace cap and wrap hand towel around it to prevent seepage of scalding water.
7. Shake furiously.
8. After a couple minutes of agitation, dump out laces and rinse thoroughly in warm water.  Then blot with a white towel.
9. Hang to dry over a door knob, rail, etc.  Sunlight also helps speed up the drying process.

I do this with plastic-tip and metal-tip laces and haven't had a problem since.  Alternatively, you may throw them in w/a load of color-matching laundry, but most may not want to risk it.

HEy could someone tell me the color paint I would need for the blue on a pair of military blue iv. I just bought these and the seller must have took his pics back before he wore them cuz they have tons of chips and cracks. also any way to get rid of the slight yellowing on the soles? Thanks alot

has anyone used black magic 2 in 1 leather care on their shoes? does it work on white shoes (fire red 3's in particular)? i'm asking because i have some i use for my car but not sure how it is on shoes and was thinking it might be a good replacement for the armor all cleaner.

thanks

Originally Posted by weave23

HEy could someone tell me the color paint I would need for the blue on a pair of military blue iv. I just bought these and the seller must have took his pics back before he wore them cuz they have tons of chips and cracks. also any way to get rid of the slight yellowing on the soles? Thanks alot

yea, i needa know this as well. And if the blue paint is chipped on the midsole, would i have to use acetone to take it off, then repaint? Or should i just repaint over the blue? Help appreciated.

anyone know a good method to cleaning the white laces? There are blue jean stains and it the other parts of the laces are turning a bit darker. Also anyone know how to remove the odor and bacteria? The baking soda method works for a while but it gets annoying taking it out and feels weird wearing them. thanks

What is the best posssible way to keep my OG concord xi icey i plan to start wearing them this summer however i know the mesh will begin to yellow on them very heavily if i do so any suggestions on a cleaning method or will soap and water or else footlocker cleaner keep the mesh clean?

I have not been in this thread for a while and I have a few questions that people may be able to answer
1. Over the years I have been in the habbit of spraying all of my shoes with "water proofer" aka Sneaker protector that you buy at footlocker or Finishline. Is this a good habbit? Does this help slow the aging process of sneakers at all? I have always wondered if other people did this like I do.

2. As a Single man I have extra rooms in my house that are not occupied. One of them I use as a shoe closet. It has nothing else in it but my shoes. The room is air conditioned in the summer and heated in the winter. It is a climate controlled room. It also has only one window that I keep the blind shut all the time so it is a dark room besides when I enter and turn on the light. I know people say the best way to store shoes is to keep them in their boxes inside a closet (or spare bedroom) but I was wondering if I have a Climate controlled room with little light does anyone think it would be a terrible idea to get some shelves and display the shoes. There is about 100 pairs or so and most of them are on a constant rotation of wearing. There are a few deadstock trophies but most are being worn. would putting them on shelves in a climate controlled room speed up the aging process more than having them in their original boxes?

^^ i dont think it would be bad at all if there is absolutley no light, cause essentially it is the same as keeping them in the boxes. the room is controlled temperature wise and is dark at all times except when you go in there to turn on the light, so i dont see what the difference would be.
don't take my word for it that is just my opinion

BUT i do have a question of my own as well lol

what do you all do to clean the bottom of your sneakers, specifically clear soles like XIs or Foams? I understand there is nothing to do to STOP the yellowing and aging process, but i feel that if i keep dirt on them it is definitely not good for the soles. any suggestions?
thanks

^I use Dawn and a sponge. Dawn is actually a very gentle and powerful soap. They use it to clean animals in oil spills. Then I use a towel to get them as dry as possible and throw them in front of a small fan for an hour or two afterwards.

Anyone else who can chime in on my unboxing situation please lend your two cents!

What would be a good paint to use on the rubber on the AF1 ? and also what would be a good dye for the Chenille on the swoosh on the af1 ID's ?

THANKS

Back
Top Bottom