:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Soooo...has no one experimented with Angelus paint colors to figure out the right paint combo to create Aqua-tone and purple for that matter? It'd be awesome if someone has, as it's critical to dial in the right colors since the midsole colors butt right up to the plastic side patches.

My retro Aquas are of course, cracked but the Uppers look stellar. Typical. Playoffs? No issues. Peapods? Look perfect. But the Aquas...grrr...
30t6p3b.gif

For now, I consider my Aquas mature enough to have earned the right to rock Elephant midsoles so until the right paint combo comes into play, that's the story I'm stickin with.
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by SkiDRUMattiX

Soooo...has no one experimented with Angelus paint colors to figure out the right paint combo to create Aqua-tone and purple for that matter? It'd be awesome if someone has, as it's critical to dial in the right colors since the midsole colors butt right up to the plastic side patches.

My retro Aquas are of course, cracked but the Uppers look stellar. Typical. Playoffs? No issues. Peapods? Look perfect. But the Aquas...grrr...
30t6p3b.gif

For now, I consider my Aquas mature enough to have earned the right to rock Elephant midsoles so until the right paint combo comes into play, that's the story I'm stickin with.
smokin.gif

Just sent a detailed e-mail to David at Angelus/Turtlefeathers, asking if he knows the right colors to experiment with to get the Aqua and Purple tones dialed. Awaiting his response... hope it's a good one. I'll post when it arrives.

30t6p3b.gif

smokin.gif

Just sent a detailed e-mail to David at Angelus/Turtlefeathers, asking if he knows the right colors to experiment with to get the Aqua and Purple tones dialed. Awaiting his response... hope it's a good one. I'll post when it arrives.

Response so far from Turtlefeathers:"Hello Matt, I think the best thing would be to bring the shoes to a paint store and let me know as I have never been asked this....you can do the r and d. Thank you,"

My reply:"OK, I'd be fine doing that. So I would go to a paint store, they mix colors to figure out what would work best and then... what do I do with that information? Can I take paint store paint recommendation & turn it into you somehow or...? Since I'm not using latex wall paint to paint shoes, rather using your Angelus options, will the the paint store's findings translate to the right Angelus paint color? Can you mix colors and sell me a bottle of the mixed paint, if I send you what they give me (either mail it or give you the information via e-mail)? Thanks for the help as this is my first time attempting this!"
WE'LL SEE WHAT THE NEXT REPLY LOOKS LIKE & TAKE IT FROM THERE...

30t6p3b.gif

smokin.gif

The response from Turtlefeathers (Angelus) so far:"Hello, I think the best thing would be to bring the shoes to a paint store and let me know as I have never been asked this....you can do the r and d. Thank you"

MY REPLY:"OK, I'd be fine doing that. So I would go to a paint store, they mix colors to figure out what would work best and then... what do I do with that information? Can I take paint store paint recommendation & turn it into you somehow or...? Since I'm not using latex wall paint to paint shoes, rather using your Angelus options, will the the paint store's findings translate to the right Angelus paint color? Can you mix colors and sell me a bottle of the mixed paint, if I send you what they give me (either mail it or give you the information via e-mail)? Thanks for the help as this is my first time attempting this!"

I'll post the next, hopefully final reply I get & take it from there...

Somebody please help me.........Anybody know how to clean the cement print on the Flip 3s?? i love this shoes and have been too scared to try anything.....

anyone know a good color to match flint grey 12s? I have a scuff that took the paint off and other than that they are pretty fresh. Thanks

I asked the first two questions earlier in this thread and realized I had a few more things to add. Anyones opinion on these would be awesome.

I have not been in this thread for a while and I have a few questions that people may be able to answer
1. Over the years I have been in the habbit of spraying all of my shoes with "water proofer" aka Sneaker protector that you buy at footlocker or Finishline. Is this a good habbit? Does this help slow the aging process of sneakers at all? I have always wondered if other people did this like I do.

2. As a Single man I have extra rooms in my house that are not occupied. One of them I use as a shoe closet. It has nothing else in it but my shoes. The room is air conditioned in the summer and heated in the winter. It is a climate controlled room. It also has only one window that I keep the blind shut all the time so it is a dark room besides when I enter and turn on the light. I know people say the best way to store shoes is to keep them in their boxes inside a closet (or spare bedroom) but I was wondering if I have a Climate controlled room with little light does anyone think it would be a terrible idea to get some shelves and display the shoes. There is about 100 pairs or so and most of them are on a constant rotation of wearing. There are a few deadstock trophies but most are being worn. would putting them on shelves in a climate controlled room speed up the aging process more than having them in their original boxes?

3. If I was going to do this would it be a smart idea to put a dehumidifier in the room with them? I mean like the machine that alot of people have in their basements. Or would damp Rid work just as well? Or should I just keep it the same as any other room and just keep the door open to the rest of the house?

Shoe Goo or Gorilla Glue to reattach slight sole seperation on og wht/red 13s??

Thanks in advance

Whats up NT, any help or advice to save these?? There in pretty goo shape besides the yellowed soles. How do
I restore or refreshen the soles and what do I clean the upper part with? Just needs a light touch up cleaning. Put these away in the box from 2002 years ago, and decided to bring them out to take a look once I missed out on the 2010 Cool Greys. Any help?

^ Seaglow works wonders on it..but the midsole separates from heat..so if you leave it out in the sun then make sure you apply icepacks to the side and cover up everything else

Damn really?? That's crazy, I remember hearing something about Island girl too. Is that the same thing? Guess I gotta be extra careful with it then huh. Anybody know about the upper part? Where the mesh usually is on the XI's. I don't even really know what it is on these, I think nubuck or suede?? Gonna take some work I guess

whats the best way to clean the white mesh on XI's, im thinking to spray some oxy clean on em and put them in the washer is that a good idea? let me know any info is appreciated 

is it safe to put dmp 11s in the washer in a pillowcase and let em wash? will the soles separate, will the 23 on the back come off any advice is helpful

Originally Posted by tvanterpool

is it safe to put dmp 11s in the washer in a pillowcase and let em wash? will the soles separate, will the 23 on the back come off any advice is helpful

Barkeeper's Best friend...you can buy it in your local grocery store. Mix with water and use a tooth brush and scrub the white mesh. Works wonders.

Originally Posted by KiCkSaReMyLiFe

I doubt either one of those are good ideas.. Not really the expert but I'd never put Jordans in the washing machine

I did it with My 2001 Concords but i dont recommend doing it cause i think soaking them in water looses the glue to the sole. It did clean the canvas part though!

I've got a pair of OG Raptor VII's which need a new paint job on the red and purple. Any advice/info on how to go about this? What type of paint? What specific colors? What techniques to use to prevent cracking? Thanks in advance for any information and advice.

How do you clean stains on CDP 7s? Smudges of dirt or stains in general on the toebox and sides? What products to use and what brush or material to use to wipe

Got some cement 3's but didn't get any rain n stain protector; denim has now bled onto the shoe, best way to remove the bleed if any?

SO should I remove all the papers that come with the shoes nowadays? & is it okay to just leave my shoes in the boxes without silica packs? my room never gets too hot either.

Back
Top Bottom