:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Originally Posted by BaltimoreGutta

Hmm does it have the same risk as seaglow where if its exposed to the soles, it's gonna destroy the shoe?

neither of them destroy soles.  ive been using retrobrite for a couple weeks now with no problems

I know it doesn't destroy the sole but doesn't sea glow separate the sole from the rest of the shoe if exposed to the seams where the glue is? Does retro bright have this same risk?

Originally Posted by BaltimoreGutta

I know it doesn't destroy the sole but doesn't sea glow separate the sole from the rest of the shoe if exposed to the seams where the glue is? Does retro bright have this same risk?

nope.  seaglow doesnt either.  the sunlight melts the glue.  has nothing to do with seaglow

Originally Posted by applethagod

BIg ThINGZ got some gear that would go perfect with Jordans .... check out BigThingzclothing.com " Bigger is Better
if you want to post spam just do what wreckinkickz does. post one pic and a link to your website and you wont be banned

retrobrite and seaglow both have one key ingredient based on the videos I've watched and saw. Restoremysneakers stated that the key active ingredient in both to restore the soles is hydrogen peroxide. So both are great, but I like seaglow better due to application method and so forth.

That's the one thing I hate about having shoes with icy soles but the good thing is I've kept mine icy so far. I just hate looking for the silica packs and failing at finding em.

I need some advice. I was at my friends birthday party tonight and we smashed cake all in his face. We also wanted to throw him into the pool so in the scuffle of getting him and carrying him to the pool I stepped in cake. When I got home I realized there also cake on the suede on my retro Jordan 6 black/varsity reds. I got the cake of the bottom but the soles are like greasy and I'm scared to do anything to the suede. Please give me advice how to get rid of the greasy sole and the cake icing on the suede. Thanks guys.

Thanks guys. I just went to finishline and got some cleaner. Came of and looks good as new. I was worried I ruined them. Thanks for the advice.

Man how many sessions you guys usually do with the mesh before you get some results? I can't get them to PURE WHITE! and its' buggin me!

Hey fellas, got a fresh pair of DS Cool Grey XI's. Got them from a dude from NT for Retail + shipping.... Good Guy!!

Anyway, who was the guy that did the soles for the XI's? I messaged him and forgot who. He did it for a fee. The soles are a little bit yellowed. It's not a big deal, but I don't want to do it cuz I don't wanna ruin the soles.

Thx

I swear I saw this before, and I searched, but like 500 things came up.

I have some 2000 Infrared VI's that I copped for $45. They're in stellar condition, except on one outsole, it's starting to crumble just a tad. Not enough to write them off, but enough where I'm pre-emptively worried. What can I use to fill them in?

And is the turtlefeathers or angelus paint recommended for the black once it's filled in?

Thanks!

Originally Posted by optimusp517

Man how many sessions you guys usually do with the mesh before you get some results? I can't get them to PURE WHITE! and its' buggin me!

I used the rit solution about 6 times. Its still not like crazy white.. more like an off white, but they're still a huge improvment to what it used to be.. like almost a night and day improvment. Chances r rit prob won't get it to be like crisp white.. unless u do like 10+ sessions, but ull prob end up damaging the materials. I know bkf will get it crisp wite, but expect the mesh to feel flat. As u can see with my photos. I'm happy with the results.

tried my own version of retrobrite on some old pair I have... worked real fine. I'm thinking a couple of more sessions would completely do the trick. only had time for 3 sessions, would prolly continue later today.

Originally Posted by donmega

tried my own version of retrobrite on some old pair I have... worked real fine. I'm thinking a couple of more sessions would completely do the trick. only had time for 3 sessions, would prolly continue later today.

Made your own formula or a variation of it?

Originally Posted by optimusp517

Originally Posted by donmega

Made your own formula or a variation of it?
just a variation... very minor that is... had to make some substitutions to the original ingredients as most of 'em were not available locally. what variation are you using bro?

well, i used a form of retrobrite that consisted of hydrogen peroxide, oxiclean, and cornstarch.
1/3 cup of hydrogen peroxide.
1.5 tblsp of corn starch.
2 tblsp of oxi clean.
And it worked great for me. I did it outside in natural daylight.

Originally Posted by ccastro02

well, i used a form of retrobrite that consisted of hydrogen peroxide, oxiclean, and cornstarch.
1/3 cup of hydrogen peroxide.
1.5 tblsp of corn starch.
2 tblsp of oxi clean.
And it worked great for me. I did it outside in natural daylight.
used almost the exact same ingredients... well I had to substitute Oxi Clean for a different cleaner... proportions were also slightly different... worked great for me as well

buy any company shoe spray and i know footlocker has a suede cleaner and it works like a magic eraser. i would def pick up both of these!

HELP!!! My niece accidentally spilled z baby oil on my jordan v raging bull suede on the toe on both shoe. The oiled part looks alot darker now. Is there any cleaner i can use to take out the oil? What should i do?

WooooW! That is not gonna be easy to take off man. The only thing i can think of  that's good for cleaning up oil stains from fabric is oxi clean max force. I juseed on tims when i was in highschool and it worked pretty good.

Back
Top Bottom