:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Well i did some research for you and found that som1 had the same issue you had but on their couch. This might work. The poster seems pretty confident that it should work. Try it out on a pair of beaters 1st. And if you can post some before and after pics so we can all see and help you out restore your 5's.

I got this off ehow - good luck!

Step 1

Wipe all excess oil off suede with kitchen paper, or a brown paper bag. Do not rub, lightly dab to remove excess substance.

Step 2

Cover the stain in cornstarch. Let sit for 10 minutes.

Step 3

Gently brush away cornstarch and use suede buff to remove all. If stain is still there, go to next step.

Step 4

Using cotton cloth, dab the stain with vinegar. Wipe away excess, and use suede buff to complete. Stain should be removed!

Some update to a pair of Cherry XI lows that I'm working on. It's almost 2 weeks that I've been doing it. I want to get them as icey as I can. Maybe a 3rd week?

That looks really nice. I'll post photos of mine. How long did you have in the daytime for? in hours.

Originally Posted by ccastro02

That looks really nice. I'll post photos of mine. How long did you have in the daytime for? in hours.

lost track over 80 already i think. all in-door method though.

Originally Posted by optimusp517

OVER 80 HOURS!? Thats Crazy. I did about 2 different sessions in the sun. Broub about 30 mins each session and got great results. I say another Hour and a half more, and i'll be glad with it. My goal is to make it really clear, but not to icy, to the point where it loses its vintage look. The last thing i want is to un-ds these and people thinking they're the 2011's lol.
laugh.gif

OVER 80 HOURS!? Thats Crazy. I did about 2 different sessions in the sun. Broub about 30 mins each session and got great results. I say another Hour and a half more, and i'll be glad with it. My goal is to make it really clear, but not to icy, to the point where it loses its vintage look. The last thing i want is to un-ds these and people thinking they're the 2011's lol.
laugh.gif

retrobrite?

laugh.gif

Yeah I'm using indoor method so the results are going to take a lot longer than standard sunlight and I don't want to risk sole separation due to the heat.

Originally Posted by donmega

laugh.gif

retrobrite?

Yes sir
happy.gif

hey optimus have you had any loss of traction using the indoor method? The guys at restoremysneakers said traction loss is one of the big downsides to the indoor method.

laugh.gif

retrobrite?
Correct. It's easy and cheap to make.

Originally Posted by jecca650

hey optimus have you had any loss of traction using the indoor method? The guys at restoremysneakers said traction loss is one of the big downsides to the indoor method.

You can loose traction in both the indoor and outdoor method. Retr0brite/seaglow makes the surface smooth. That's why you shouldn't apply it on the traction pads of the shoe(unless they are AJ V's or VI's) It's very important to cover the parts you are not using retr0brite/ seaglow on.

As long as you make those cut outs of the white part of the soles, you should be fine. However, optimus put some 80+ hours of retrobright into his xi's. I'm not sure if the length of time he had the hydroxgen peroxide on his xi's took a tole on his soles.  Optimus?
I did 3 sessions of about 30 mins esch so retrobright was only on my soles for a very limited amount of time using the outdoor method. So retrobright didn't affect traction on my end. I also did it on a very sunny but windy day so it wasn't bruning hot out. To prevent sole seperation i put a therm-a-kool pack over the carbon fiber. And as if that wasn't enough, i set a fan directly behind a bowl of ice facing my 11's, so it would blow very cool air towards the shoes. Doing this i got no sole seperation. 

Thanks a lot guys. I'm planning on doing a couple shoes next weekend and was a little worried. Luckily i'm in SF where even when it's sunny it usually isn't too hot.

I have also have a small issue with my DS xvi's. On the mesh of the 16's around the rubber lining near the lace loops, their is this residue building up. it kind of looks like the crust that builds around your eye when you wake up in the morning. I think it might be glue that may have dried over the years. Any idea on how to get rid of this crap w/o damaging or scraping the mesh?

As long as you make those cut outs of the white part of the soles, you should be fine. However, optimus put some 80+ hours of retrobright into his xi's. I'm not sure if the length of time he had the hydroxgen peroxide on his xi's took a tole on his soles.  Optimus?
I did 3 sessions of about 30 mins esch so retrobright was only on my soles for a very limited amount of time using the outdoor method. So retrobright didn't affect traction on my end. I also did it on a very sunny but windy day so it wasn't bruning hot out. To prevent sole seperation i put a therm-a-kool pack over the carbon fiber. And as if that wasn't enough, i set a fan directly behind a bowl of ice facing my 11's, so it would blow very cool air towards the shoes. Doing this i got no sole seperation. 

For me it's been fine so far. I've done it with about 40 hours on the other shoes and no issues. It is smooth, but I checked the untouched version and that pair felt smooth already as is. So I think we'll be ok. Worst comes to worst maybe you can sand down a thin layer of the area if you do run into issues, but I don't know if that'll fix it.

Key point is most of your traction will come from the pods so as long as those parts are protected you should be fine since most of the pressure from your feet will make contact at those point with the ground.

laugh.gif

retrobrite?

Yes sir
happy.gif
nice! thanks fam!

^ Yeah. Sounds about right. I'm doing my '01 cool greys using the indoor method too. It's perfect, it gets the job done and you don't run the risk of separating the sole, plus you can do it longer. I've been doing mine sporadically over the last three weeks but I see definite but gradual improvement. I'll post pics of them when they are done, then I'm on to my black V's and navy VI's. Good work man.

I just copped some Cool Grey 11s

and I didn't notice this little stain

It's like some Kool Aid or somethin lmaoooo

I tried soap n water, then Footlocker cleaner

Anybody know how to clean this?

I know this is the Jordan section

But does anybody know how to get this off the flywire on Lebrons?

Thanks in advance good folks lol

try oxi clean max force. Has always worked great for me. Please Post some pics of your results if you use it.

try oxi clean max force. Has always worked great for me. Please Post some pics of your results if you use it.

on which shoe boss?

try them on both. let me know how it goes.

Yo rubbing alcohol go the scuff out the cool grey Brons

But I think I damaged the leather lmaoo FTL

I tried oxyclean on both to no avail

But I did use the cup with oxyclean and warm water in it to clean the laces tho lol

Originally Posted by Klock

try them on both. let me know how it goes.

Yo rubbing alcohol go the scuff out the cool grey Brons

But I think I damaged the leather lmaoo FTL

I tried oxyclean on both to no avail

But I did use the cup with oxyclean and warm water in it to clean the laces tho lol

So it got it out but it changed the color of the leather. On which one? on the Cool greys? Did you use the exact oxi clean max force. Max force is stronger and would def get it out. I'm glad you got ur laces cleaned though
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom