:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

I got a white scratch on the patent leather on my Concords. I read that nail polish remover will take it off but I am skeptical at putting chemicals on my Js. Anyone?

@johnandrew07 Mix a little water with some dawn liquid soap in a cup... Then use a tooth brush to gently scrub the tab. After wash off the soap with some water from the tap. Leave the air dry by a window or outside.

You can also use the soap/water mixture to clean elephant print, midsole and soles of the shoes.

I see that you have tapped off the midsoles... You repainting due to cracking? What year are your black cements?

@Guy Incognito Is that really going to put back the matte finish on the heel tab? I'm not too sure but ill try anyways. From how I look at it, it's not adding anything to the heeltab since the heel tab was brushed onto something. I'll let you know once I try it. They are also the 2011 release.

Absolutely...
The technique I explained to you will leave you with the matte finish...

Give it a try, then tell me how you get on.

Also by the looks of your pic it appears like the white paint on your jumpman has chipped off. If you dont already know just use some angelus paint for that...

However if you want a professional and long lasting finish... 

1. Remove the original paint (acetone)

2. Prime the surface with a plastic primer

3. Give the surface two thin coats of angelus paint 

You don't have to specifically use dawn soap... any liquid dish washing soap will do.

In any case i'm shocked that the technique never worked for you... I restore sneakers part time and this always works for me.

The only thing I can think of to remove the scuff would be to apply abit of black polish to the tab.. But that may not leave you with the matte finish you desire.

try fullylaced pickyourshoes skiptomyshoes, etc. should take you a couple of minutes but I think you will find something that comes close

I remember reading somewhere, to prevent paint chipping on your III's and IV's you can apply this products.
It lessen the chance or no chipping at all.
Anybody know what it is?

Does anyone know of any good web sites that offer sneaker repair? I had a bookmark of this one that was in DC that you could ship your shoes too and they were capable of fixing just about anything, even Jordans. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

My brand new pair of Jordan X Chicagos just came in and one of the eyelets is snapped. Any thoughts?

Can you believe this is the pair that NDC sent me?! Do you guys have any idea how I can fix this? I am not a great sewer, lol. Sneaker repair shop? Unbelievable...smh.

Hey guys! i have a few of these brownish little stains in the midsole of my cg xi's, any ideas of what it is and how to take it out? I really appreciate any help! Thanks!

i found a brown spot in the inside of the box ...

Originally Posted by temepr

Hey guys! i have a few of these brownish little stains in the midsole of my cg xi's, any ideas of what it is and how to take it out? I really appreciate any help! Thanks!
Must be the flash from the camera, but I don't any stains on there. *pardon me*
Usually if it a minor stain, magic eraser or the old fashion soap and water would do the trick.

Originally Posted by jballerNY

Does anyone know of any good web sites that offer sneaker repair? I had a bookmark of this one that was in DC that you could ship your shoes too and they were capable of fixing just about anything, even Jordans. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

My brand new pair of Jordan X Chicagos just came in and one of the eyelets is snapped. Any thoughts?

The one here in DC I think your talking about is called spiffy kicks I think

Originally Posted by acidic

Man I hate pics of yellow tabs on 3s, how can this be stopped? Hoping my 2011 3s don't look like that 3yrs from now.

jb said they fixed the yellowing and cracking on the 2011's

Back
Top Bottom