:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

I found my Olympic 6s (white patent leather) the other day. In some places they have brown spots on them. How do I clean them up?

any idea what i can do here fellas? seller showed me every angle except this one
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Hey.
searched through the thread but couldn't find conclusive answers.
I know people say DON'T put shoes in washing machine, I have just bought a 2nd hand pair of PURE 3's and they are in great condition but I want to thoroughly
clean them (not sure what the previous owners feet were like!!!!!!)
So having said that and NOT wanting to put them in the machine is ther another way to thoroughly clean them???
Is soaking them in anti bacterial cleaner gonna ruin them????

Thanks in advance for any suggestions/hints.

Found some minor, yet annoying, stains on my DS BC3s. Any idea how to get them out?

Brownish stain on my right shoe
VTlwql.jpg

Red mark on my left shoe
12h1Dl.jpg

Both in the same exact spots
mad.gif

Originally Posted by Vinod869

any idea what i can do here fellas? seller showed me every angle except this one
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
so i used mr. clean magic eraser on this area and it came off in like 30 seconds of scrubbing  
pimp.gif
. just wanted to share incase anyone else had this issue. too lazy to re-post pics but take my word for it, mr. clean magic eraser is the $%+%.

Originally Posted by Enchanted

Found some minor, yet annoying, stains on my DS BC3s. Any idea how to get them out?

Brownish stain on my right shoe
VTlwql.jpg

Red mark on my left shoe
12h1Dl.jpg

Both in the same exact spots
mad.gif
try some soap and water and a little elbow grease

Sorry if these topics have been touched on already, I tried to search and look through but couldn't find definitive advice....
A have two pairs that I have questions on, the black cat 3s and DMP 6s:

- How would you recommend fixing the midsole cracking on the black cats (I know it happened to everyone)? I've heard angelus (sp.) paint, but what is the correct process? Take the chipping paint off and then apply layers of the new paint?

- What would you recommend to fix the gold paint on the DMPs? I've read about using a gold marker of some sort, but I'm a little worried it won't match up right... these are kind of beat on anyway so I'm willing to take a chance on fixing them.

Thanks in advance for your help, I definitely appreciate all of the advice and help that you guys provide us with. 

Anyone know how to get the bottom of my flu games un-'ashy'? They look hella dry...but I'm not sure how to lube them up so they don't look so bad.

Suggestions?

^ could be another layer, try using mr. clean eraser and if that doesn't work they might be done. how did they turn out like that anyway?

Originally Posted by TeamCharisma69

^ could be another layer, try using mr. clean eraser and if that doesn't work they might be done. how did they turn out like that anyway?
Not sure how they came to be so dry, I got them on eBay...couldn't pass 'em up for the price...from what I've seen, all the Flu Games suffer (from varying degrees) from this problem.

One if the things I've been using it Rubbing Alcohol....be careful though it can remove the paint off of some of the JB brand shoes. But it will clean most without doing so.

@prozac4312 have you applied Olay lotion? haha jokes aside, have you tried cleaning with just water? a damp towel and rub across the affected area without touching the suede?

If that doesn't work, use 70% alcohol and wipe gently.

Hey how do you guys deal with the scuffs. I have twin boys and they are always running and jumping around me when I wear my concords and have a few minor scuffs on patent leather.......is there something we can use to prevent it or to remove it? Any help would be welcome.......thanks in advance.

Questions
-Can I use the Angelus paint "Bone" on ANY color of the midsole of the 3's as the primer/base coat of paint?

-Can I use the Angelus paint "Matte Finisher" as the sealant/last layer of the paint process, when painting on midsoles of the 3's?

Originally Posted by prozac4312

Originally Posted by TeamCharisma69

Not sure how they came to be so dry, I got them on eBay...couldn't pass 'em up for the price...from what I've seen, all the Flu Games suffer (from varying degrees) from this problem.

my flu games don't at all, maybe it happens when they are worn a lot, but a pretty fresh pair would not look like that
but if rubbing alcohol or soap and water don't do it then they are done

Hey niketalk need some help ASAP, on the DTRT 3s, what color should i order of Angelus paints? has anybody done a restoration of these? if so what color did they use?

hey i thought i post some pics of my sole swap on the og jordan xi 'concords'. this is a project i've been meaning to due for some time but never got around to doing it until now since i got some time on my hands. if anyone is interested in doing this project this is what i used- heat gun, barge cement, pleanty of shoes strings or rope to tie and secure the sole to the shoes, and a good donor pair of xi's. i used the 2003 i.e. white/cobalt colorway i think, can't remember since it was a while ago, since this gave me the closest color scheme for replacing when compared to the concords. this project will frustrate you no matter what, so if you're thinking of doing this you've been warned. this took me about 4-5 days total to get the desired results. for reference purposes the concords are size 12 and the donor shoes were also size 12. here's some pics on how it came out. if you check out the sneaker art showcase i also posted some pics on my other jordan project, turning white/cement iii's into katrina iii's.

here's a pic of the supplies you'll need if you decide to take up this task and have something for reference.

Hey guys need some help. How can I remove these water stains from my Metallic V's? I used some Kiwi Suede Cleaner and it was an epic fail. Any suggestions.
scaled.php

Anything you guys would recommend for removing excess glue on the Flint XIII's.  Few people have recommended a "goof off" type of product applied to a rag, but is there any other suggestions?

Soo I have done quite a few restoration on my own (Seaglow Jobs, Midsole Reapints etc.) I decided I was ready to embark on a Midsole Swap. I have watched some of the videos out there and read a lot of tutorials on the process and I recently picked up some OG White Cement IV. They were pretty dirty so I started by cleaning them with a standard footlocker sneaker cleaner which did a pretty good job but once they were clear of dirt I realized the entire shoe is more of a cream than a white. I assume this is pretty much standard yellowing like the XI mesh or the Midsole on a III.

I did notice the leather on these IVs is REAL LEATHER. It isn't what they use now. It is awesome to feel on a pair of Jordans! So basically my question is this; Should I strip the leather with acetone and repaint with white angelus (With ALOT of Duller)? I have repainted many midsoles and I know they eventually crack again. I have never repainted an entire upper. Will the paint eventually crack off on the upper also or will it hold up better? As I look at the shoes I can not decicide if these OGs were died or painted or the leather treated some other way. I know it will be a lot of work to repaint them but I knew this would be work when I started this restoration. I do plan on wearing them after they have a new midsole. Let me know how painting the entire upper will hold up on OG Cement IV.
Thank you for any advice in advance!

^ I'm on my phone so I can't post a pic. What it is though it comes one a rectangular box and looks like a bar of soap. Hope that helps for now.

Back
Top Bottom