:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Would industrial strength crazy glue be a good remedy for this?

You're going to need a flexible glue for that, super glue will just crack after wear from your ankle pressing against the heel. A small amount of Barge cement should do the trick.

I recently recieved a pair of thunder 4s from fnl in the mail and one of the shoes had a nice line of glue across the toebox. So i tried to just rub it off with my finger, because sometimes that works. It helped at little but also sort of worked some of the glue in deeper. So i broke out the soap and water on a nice clean white paper towel and sort of shampooed the durabuck, then with a dry one tried to wipe the glue away. Still, no luck. The glue mark started looking like a scratch i had been looking at it so much. Finally i took a dull edged flathead screwdriver and just started scraping. Scraping really lightly not to scratch. I think if it were nubuck instead of durabuck it would have left a mark. Wish i had a before and after pic because i kind of impressed myself with this one. Thought some1 might find the flat head screwdriver method useful. :smokin

hey guys new on here but i've been looking every where online to see if anybody has ever had a problem with sole seperation on their jordan 7 olympics or 7's in general. for some reason glueing it back together is a pain in the *** because there seems to be a big gap where im trying to glue back. its like the midsole was 1 size too big for the upper, one pair is was able to glue back fine but left pair is just weird i have some pictures let me kknow what you guys think? 
im thinking the midsole might have expanded or something somehow when i left the shoes in my car in the heat

Bought a pair of DB 3s. Elephant print has some usual darkening and dirt and the red upper has the same type of typical wear.

Should I use armor all leather cleaner in the brown bottle? Afraid to do anything to them since they arn't too bad.

hey guys new on here but i've been looking every where online to see if anybody has ever had a problem with sole seperation on their jordan 7 olympics or 7's in general. for some reason glueing it back together is a pain in the *** because there seems to be a big gap where im trying to glue back. its like the midsole was 1 size too big for the upper, one pair is was able to glue back fine but left pair is just weird i have some pictures let me kknow what you guys think? 

im thinking the midsole might have expanded or something somehow when i left the shoes in my car in the heat

It's supposed to be like that. My 2004s had the same problem. You have to glue the bottom and the sides together with barge cement. Start by gluing the heel together, it will leave a gap where the toe cap is. The toe cap has to strech upwards to the toe cap.

Hey guys. I currently found my old og breds xi and it got some fading issues wit the sole making the red soles look like orange globs. Anyone got an idea on how to make them red again?

It's supposed to be like that. My 2004s had the same problem. You have to glue the bottom and the sides together with barge cement. Start by gluing the heel together, it will leave a gap where the toe cap is. The toe cap has to strech upwards to the toe cap.
thanks man thought i'd never find someone else that had this problem

hey guys, just bought a humidifier for my room. it is right next to my closet where i keep my sneakers, do u think this will be an issue? thanks

They look reglued. it could be the color of the glue as well. But retrobrite is your best bet
Hey guys. I currently found my old og breds xi and it got some fading issues wit the sole making the red soles look like orange globs. Anyone got an idea on how to make them red again?

Im copping these for 50 - 60. price is a little much but he's coming from valejo area and is driving to me. i dropped gas for him. My only issue is the heel drag on the bottom sole on the right shoe; shoe on right on the bottom right, I want to use the same bottoms but i dont want that drag. If I swap these, ill sell for 160 or depends on how i restore.. if not, ill make them my beaters

Last edited:
In theory couldn't you take off the Nike on the bottom and put it on the bottom of a pair of 2012 white cements?

How do you guys clean the white upper part of your Concord XI's?  They get this slight dirty tint on the upper and I'm trying to figure out the best way to get it as close as I can back to white.

Last edited:
How do you guys clean the white upper part of your Concord XI's?  They get this slight dirty tint on the upper and I'm trying to figure out the best way to get it as close as I can back to white.

I use barkeepers friend if its really yellow, but if it's just dirty I use RIT whitener and brightner.

Im copping these for 50 - 60. price is a little much but he's coming from valejo area and is driving to me. i dropped gas for him. My only issue is the heel drag on the bottom sole on the right shoe; shoe on right on the bottom right, I want to use the same bottoms but i dont want that drag. If I swap these, ill sell for 160 or depends on how i restore.. if not, ill make them my beaters
How are you gonna restore the crumbling midsole? My pair is in great condition except for the midsole. It's crumbling terribly. I refused to cop the recent retros with the variant-esque dark grey and Jumpman. Forgive me if restoring crumbling midsoles was covered already. I don't wanna look thru 250+ pages to check :lol:. I'd really like to wear these again.

In theory couldn't you take off the Nike on the bottom and put it on the bottom of a pair of 2012 white cements?
I can, but I would prefer to save the nike on the bottom instead of the jumpman. I want it close to become original as possible. If they are as horrendous as they are in pictures when I see them in person, I would have no choice to use another sole. It sucks! I have a size 11 bottom sole for a 1999 white cement lol. Mine are a size 10 ;(

How are you gonna restore the crumbling midsole? My pair is in great condition except for the midsole. It's crumbling terribly. I refused to cop the recent retros with the variant-esque dark grey and Jumpman. Forgive me if restoring crumbling midsoles was covered already. I don't wanna look thru 250+ pages to check :lol:. I'd really like to wear these again.

You would have to buy a newer retro and swap midsoles.

I can, but I would prefer to save the nike on the bottom instead of the jumpman. I want it close to become original as possible. If they are as horrendous as they are in pictures when I see them in person, I would have no choice to use another sole. It sucks! I have a size 11 bottom sole for a 1999 white cement lol. Mine are a size 10 ;(

It doesn't look bad to me, it's not sanded down or anything, just a little drag

Back
Top Bottom