:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

What good glue/solvent can I use to put back together midsole and patent leather separation on Jams 2001? Need help ya'll..

Last edited:

Would industrial strength crazy glue be a good remedy for this?

You want to microwave the solution to get firm. I use the same ingredients and my retr0brite is fine

Yep, thats the process I follow. I'm just not seeing results. I'm using a 10.0 uvb bulb. The solution usually dries up and turns crusty after being applied for an hour or so.

How soon should I see any results? Do I just let it sit there for hours on end?

Yep, thats the process I follow. I'm just not seeing results. I'm using a 10.0 uvb bulb. The solution usually dries up and turns crusty after being applied for an hour or so.
How soon should I see any results? Do I just let it sit there for hours on end?
Your batch doesnt look like mine. You said you microwave it too right? How long do you microwave it for? 

I am using two lightbulbs and I use saran wrap so my batch doesnt dry up over night. I do 12 hour sessions every time

Last edited:
Happy New year!!!

How do I remove white paint/rubber material on black patent leather on AJ concord?

I had no choice but to  buy the one with poor quality control as it was the last pair.

I tried nail polish removal and the white rubber/paint won't budge.

Thanks for all your help in advance

Happy New Year

How do I remove white paint/rubber on black patent leather on AJ concord?

I had no choice to buy the poor quality control pair on the release day.

I tried nail polish remover and it wouldn't touch it.

Appreciate all your help

Your batch doesnt look like mine. You said you microwave it too right? How long do you microwave it for? 

I am using two lightbulbs and I use saran wrap so my batch doesnt dry up over night. I do 12 hour sessions every time

I start off with around 4oz of hydrogen peroxide then add enough starch to make it look milky (1 to 2 tbsp). Stir it up then microwave for around 45sec. Comes out looking like pudding. Stir it up once again and then add around 1-2 tbsp of oxyclean. Mix it all up and then apply on the soles. Place it under 1 10.0uvb bulb. No wrap or anthing.

Where am I failing?

I start off with around 4oz of hydrogen peroxide then add enough starch to make it look milky (1 to 2 tbsp). Stir it up then microwave for around 45sec. Comes out looking like pudding. Stir it up once again and then add around 1-2 tbsp of oxyclean. Mix it all up and then apply on the soles. Place it under 1 10.0uvb bulb. No wrap or anthing.
Where am I failing?
Add the Sally's 40 Creme, corn starch, and oxi clean all together when you microwave. Lessen the amount of oxi clean. A lot of oxiclean makes it watery. Too much time in the microwave makes it watery. Do 30 seconds. 

If it's still not thick, adda little bit more corn starch. heat it up again until you see tiny bubbles and foam when mixing vigorously. 

I let mine sit for 15 minutes before adding the paste to the shoes. This way, the corn starch has ample time to thicken up the substance. 

Happy New Year

How do I remove white paint/rubber on black patent leather on AJ concord?

I had no choice to buy the poor quality control pair on the release day.

I tried nail polish remover and it wouldn't touch it.

Appreciate all your help

post pictures

Add the Sally's 40 Creme, corn starch, and oxi clean all together when you microwave. Lessen the amount of oxi clean. A lot of oxiclean makes it watery. Too much time in the microwave makes it watery. Do 30 seconds. 

If it's still not thick, adda little bit more corn starch. heat it up again until you see tiny bubbles and foam when mixing vigorously. 

I let mine sit for 15 minutes before adding the paste to the shoes. This way, the corn starch has ample time to thicken up the substance. 

Ok, so add all the ingredients at the same time and microwave to make the paste.

After all that is done, apply and wrap?
Should I see results after letting it sit under 1 bulb foran extended period of time?

And thanks for all the help so far.

I have glue stains on my Pines that I'm trying to get rid of. I've used acetone and water to no avail so I was wondering if there was anything else I could do. I didn't rub too hard with the acetone since I didn't want the finish to come off.

Hey all,

These are pictures of the paint chipping away on my low IIs and my low IXs. Can anyone help with what paint I should buy to fix these up? It's pretty much the standard obsidian/midnight navy color.

Thanks!

Tony

Last edited:
Hey all,
These are pictures of the paint chipping away on my low IIs and my low IXs. Can anyone help with what paint I should buy to fix these up? It's pretty much the standard obsidian/midnight navy color.
Thanks!
Tony
Strip the existing paint first and buy Angelus Navy Blue and White. The Navy Blue alone is too dark when dry. You'll need to mix the white and the navy to match the paint.

Strip the existing paint first and buy Angelus Navy Blue and White. The Navy Blue alone is too dark when dry. You'll need to mix the white and the navy to match the paint.

Do I really have to do that? I really don't want to do any kind of major restoration thing. What I usually do with scuffs on white kicks is I just dab some white paint on a piece of paper, then use my finger to put some on the scuff/scratch. Can't I just do that with these navy marks? Would it really look that bad?

Thanks!

Trust, you won't just be able to dabble some navy paint on the spot that's affected because it will look so noticeable. The only way to fix this is to completely repaint over the existing paint (not recommended) or strip the old paint off completely, and simple re-paint the surface.

It's not as hard as it sounds, just need some acetone, cotton or rag, painter's tape, and the desired angelus paint colors to match your shoes.

Last edited:
iight so I failed to check my pair of 11s when I picked them up from NTNY and I now notice there is a cut on my left pair on the PL. I mean its on the inner side of the toe box area so its not really noticeable. Have to come up close to see it but it bugs me knowing its there.

Any ideas?
the rubbing alcohol/q-tip method didnt work. Anything else?

Back
Top Bottom