:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

I feel like that will ruin the nubuck over time. You think its durable to stain me wiping it every day after school?

I feel like that will ruin the nubuck over time. You think its durable to stain me wiping it every day after school?

If you wear them everyday they are going to be worn down way more than any wipe could do.

The wipe won't really cause any damage as long as you wipe it, then dry it with a towel.

I need some advice on 01 SpaceJams. Separation on the midsole last year and I fixed it with crazy glue. Lasted a year, about 15-20 wears and recently separated again. Used Barge cement, blue tube, this time and it didn't last 1 wear. What should i do at this point?

Last edited:
I need some advice on 01 SpaceJams. Separation on the midsole last year and I fixed it with crazy glue. Lasted a year, about 15-20 wears and recently separated again. Used Barge cement, blue tube, this time and it didn't last 1 wear. What should i do at this point?

The barge cement didn't work because crazy glue leaves a hard layer of dried glue. You would have to scrape that off before you could apply barge cement. The layer of BC probably adds to the difficulty of removing the CG. Good luck

Remove the crazy glue, then apply barge cement and let it sit for 2 days or so

It says right on the label that you need a clean, porous surface in order for it to work.

The barge cement didn't work because crazy glue leaves a hard layer of dried glue. You would have to scrape that off before you could apply barge cement. The layer of BC probably adds to the difficulty of removing the CG. Good luck

Remove the crazy glue, then apply barge cement and let it sit for 2 days or so

It says right on the label that you need a clean, porous surface in order for it to work.
My package only says clean dry surface. Porous surfaces may require 2 coats.

I sanded the pl below midsole line and inside the midsole itself and then cleaned both areas with nail polish remover before applying the barge cement. Anything else I could/should try? Or just chalk it up as a loss?

Last edited:
If you wear them everyday they are going to be worn down way more than any wipe could do.

The wipe won't really cause any damage as long as you wipe it, then dry it with a towel.
Would you recommend the Suede and Nubuck Cleaners? Some say they do good but other say it ruins it. Plus, I didnt mean every day. I meant whenever I'd wear them. Would Jason Markk take care of it? I hear it's safe for all materials.

Would you recommend the Suede and Nubuck Cleaners? Some say they do good but other say it ruins it. Plus, I didnt mean every day. I meant whenever I'd wear them. Would Jason Markk take care of it? I hear it's safe for all materials.

I have no experience with JM or Or Lincoln EZ cleaner so I couldn't tell you

Use a damp dishwashing sponge and any liquid sneaker cleaner to clean suede and nubuck. My favorite cleaner is Shoe MGK, I've been using it for years. I've never used Jason Markk.

Get Shoe MGK here:
http://www.shoemgk.com/

Last edited:
We're you down to the actual midsole? And was the surface dry when you applied the glue?
It was definitely dry as I waited a few hours before applying the barge. Can't be sure if it I got down to the midsole as I wasn't being too aggressive with the sandpaper. I think I'm going to tape off the part of the pl that will be visible so can put a little English on the prep. Didn't want to damage it the first time I prepped.

We're you down to the actual midsole? And was the surface dry when you applied the glue?
It was definitely dry as I waited a few hours before applying the barge. Can't be sure if it I got down to the midsole as I wasn't being too aggressive with the sandpaper. I think I'm going to tape off the part of the pl that will be visible so can put a little English on the prep. Didn't want to damage it the first time I prepped.

Alright here is what I would do;

Grab the sand paper, and start rubbing into the midsole. Once small prices of pylon start getting onto the paper that's when you know you have broken the layer of glue. Wash the midsole off and dry it off. Then reapply barge cement

Alright here is what I would do;

Grab the sand paper, and start rubbing into the midsole. Once small prices of pylon start getting onto the paper that's when you know you have broken the layer of glue. Wash the midsole off and dry it off. Then reapply barge cement
Gotcha. Thanks, I'll let you know how it goes.

Anybody know how common it is for DMP VIs to crack? I've seen pictures.. mine have been worn about 3-5 times but it's the age I'm worried about.

^yep warm water, dish soap (mild) and a soft bristle toothbrush is the best. i stopped buying stores shoe cleaners a long time ago

This. The simplest and most effective way to keep your joints fresh. I personally use old bars of soap and water and it does just fine. The trick is, clean your kicks after each wear. As much of a pain as it might be (depending on your rotation) it's worth doing. It keeps them fresher for longer and even when they age, your kicks age well. On another note...I tried bar keeper's friend on my AM 93's. This isn't by any means a thorough job, I was basically messing around with it and was eager to see how effective it was since I found out my family dollar sold it.

So I found some pen marks on the soles of my Roshes....any tips on how to get the ink out of Phylon? I read that hairspray works on pen marks, but that didn't work at all.

Anyone know what I can use to touch this up? I was playing ball in them and decided I'd like to just wear it casually. 

Last edited:
^^what am I doing wrong when I post a picture??

Just save the image to a folder, and when you want to post it, click the picture icon (it's next to the paperclip attachment icon) and post it from there. It should show up no problem.

Just save the image to a folder, and when you want to post it, click the picture icon (it's next to the paperclip attachment icon) and post it from there. It should show up no problem.
I know how to do it that way but wanna know why this way isn't working. Any idea?

i just wanna try the other way out so that it shows the size of the picture instead of needing to click it to enlarge the picture. 

Last edited:
I know how to do it that way but wanna know why this way isn't working. Any idea?

There is 2 different posting formats. Just save the image to the folder, no need making anything complicated.

Back
Top Bottom