:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Does anyone know how to clear the netting on the 2007 Metallic V's? I've searched this thread and never found an answer. Could someone please help?

So for the soles of the AJ V Fire Red's that released should I clean them with water + soap and then dry thoroughly or should I use/do something else? 

Does anyone know how to clear the netting on the 2007 Metallic V's? I've searched this thread and never found an answer. Could someone please help?

People have tried sea glow, retrobrite etc. My feeling is to just let it go man. I'm going through this too. From what I see, it's hard to restore so just let them age gracefully.

So for the soles of the AJ V Fire Red's that released should I clean them with water + soap and then dry thoroughly or should I use/do something else? 

Dish soap + warm water = :pimp:

Dry wi a towel until they are dry

People have tried sea glow, retrobrite etc. My feeling is to just let it go man. I'm going through this too. From what I see, it's hard to restore so just let them age gracefully.

Basically. The netting is a completely different material than the sole. Retrobrite, sea glow, and sauce have no effect on them. Same goes for white patent leather I believe.

I plan on repainting this part of my 2002 9s. They started cracking but was wondering how I should set this up. Should I remove the black paint off the entire shoe or just around the part where it cracked. Any tips on how to remove the paint?

I plan on repainting this part of my 2002 9s. They started cracking but was wondering how I should set this up. Should I remove the black paint off the entire shoe or just around the part where it cracked. Any tips on how to remove the paint?

The entire painted section of the shoe should be stripped with acetone. Then repainted with black Angelous paint. This will give it an even coat, with equal resistance to cracking. The old paint would simply keep cracking.

I would just like to reiterate that I'm anticipating success in defending against netting on 5s turning yellow...using armorall wipes. I saw a you tube video...dont know where it is now...but this one dude had 5s that were pretty damn old and the netting and soles were still clear. He just wipes em down with armorall. It makes sense to me...armorall is designed to defend the rubbers and plastics like your dashboard from OXIDATION caused by air and sunlight. As we all know, it's oxidation that turns our soles and nettings yellow. Soles and nettings are made of rubbers and plastics. Soooooo...it would only make sense that armorall could defend against oxidation of soles, nettings, midsoles, and anything else that turns yellow thats made of rubber or plastic. What tripped me out was dude never wiped off the excess. I tried it at home, and couldn't leave the shoes like that. I HAD to wipe off the excess or else there would be a very heavy, slippery, way too glossy, residue behind. But seriously, makes the soles and midsoles and everything else on the shoe POP.

I would just like to reiterate that I'm anticipating success in defending against netting on 5s turning yellow...using armorall wipes. I saw a you tube video...dont know where it is now...but this one dude had 5s that were pretty damn old and the netting and soles were still clear. He just wipes em down with armorall. It makes sense to me...armorall is designed to defend the rubbers and plastics like your dashboard from OXIDATION caused by air and sunlight. As we all know, it's oxidation that turns our soles and nettings yellow. Soles and nettings are made of rubbers and plastics. Soooooo...it would only make sense that armorall could defend against oxidation of soles, nettings, midsoles, and anything else that turns yellow thats made of rubber or plastic. What tripped me out was dude never wiped off the excess. I tried it at home, and couldn't leave the shoes like that. I HAD to wipe off the excess or else there would be a very heavy, slippery, way too glossy, residue behind. But seriously, makes the soles and midsoles and everything else on the shoe POP.

So wait, it works? If you did it and it works post the pics if you can. I'm interested in this.

So wait, it works? If you did it and it works post the pics if you can. I'm interested in this.
Like I said...I'M ANTICIPATING success with this method. I just started doing it this month. All I can say is that the shoes I saw in the youtube video had no yellowing on the soles or netting. I really do think it will, at the very least, drastically slow down the yellowing process. But more importantly, I found a great new product that I implement into my cleaning routine every time now. I wipe down all soles, icy or colored, and midsoles, with the armor all wipes, then wipe off the excess with a towel. The soles look amazing like this. I can post pics of different shoes I've done this with...let me know if you wanna see that. BUT AGAIN, I just started doing it so I can't tell you FOR SURE if it stops or slows yellowing for sure. But it honestly seems like it is going to. None of the rubbers and plastics on my shoes seem dry anymore. I really think shoes need this. The cleaning chemicals dry out the rubbers and plastics I think. Armorall brings it back to better than new.

Like I said...I'M ANTICIPATING success with this method. I just started doing it this month. All I can say is that the shoes I saw in the youtube video had no yellowing on the soles or netting. I really do think it will, at the very least, drastically slow down the yellowing process. But more importantly, I found a great new product that I implement into my cleaning routine every time now. I wipe down all soles, icy or colored, and midsoles, with the armor all wipes, then wipe off the excess with a towel. The soles look amazing like this. I can post pics of different shoes I've done this with...let me know if you wanna see that. BUT AGAIN, I just started doing it so I can't tell you FOR SURE if it stops or slows yellowing for sure. But it honestly seems like it is going to. None of the rubbers and plastics on my shoes seem dry anymore. I really think shoes need this. The cleaning chemicals dry out the rubbers and plastics I think. Armorall brings it back to better than new.

Show me what you've done so far. Idk, I've heard of the armor all method and not much has come out of if from what I've seen around here.

Show me what you've done so far. Idk, I've heard of the armor all method and not much has come out of if from what I've seen around here.

I read through alot of this thread, but didn't see anything about how to whiten the yellowing on the back "plastic" piece on Jordan 2's any help would be appreciated.

I read through alot of this thread, but didn't see anything about how to whiten the yellowing on the back "plastic" piece on Jordan 2's any help would be appreciated.

retrobrite was created to take oxidation (yellowing) off of plastics so make some sauce apply it carefully and let it sit in the sun /UV lamp and after a few sessions it should work.

retrobrite was created to take oxidation (yellowing) off of plastics so make some sauce apply it carefully and let it sit in the sun /UV lamp and after a few sessions it should work.

It was originally made to whiten old computers

I know, I wasn't correcting you I was finishing it :lol:

Anyway came on here to ask a question. How do you prevent yellowing on AJ1 midsoles? Will be wearing the royals everyday and the last AJ1 I wore (2011) the midsoles yellowed really quick.

good looks then, did you see the article that stated that they found that the active ingredient that helps with the unyellowing process in oxyclean so its a concentraded mix without the filler that is in oxyclean? i will search for it and post the link if i find it again.

as far as your question about prevention, i think the only way is to not let them see the elements, its gunna happen but the sauce should help even if they are white or maybe try the water protectant on them that might work as well but i never put anything on mine.

is anyone else upset about how quick and yellow the bottoms of the orlando penny 1s get compared to the midsole part? sorry for the rant just annoying since i love the penny 1

also reading that write up and its comments lets us know now that water and oxyclean is better than wasting money on peroxide, since oxyclean and water = peroxide, so keep your sauce the way it was but leav out the expensive peroxide /hair products since it seems to be a waste of time and money.

They are gonna be an everyday shoe though, just cleaned up the stealth Xs to make way for these. I'll try the armor all method and see how that works

They are gonna be an everyday shoe though, just cleaned up the stealth Xs to make way for these. I'll try the armor all method and see how that works
I'm gonna upload that little video in a little bit...even though I think the process is fairly straight forward. Don't forget to keep the shoe out of light, in a cool, DRY, dark place.

Back
Top Bottom