:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

My '04 Olympic VIIs midsoles are separating and the toe is yellowing on both shoes. Retrobrite for the toe and barge cement for the midsole? The toe has been yellowing for a while now but I just realized that the midsole is separating. Sick about it :frown:.

Not sure where this was posted but I bought concord xi from FNL like last week (about a year and some after they sold.) they are obviously DS lol they just have yellowing on the soles. Is there a way to keep the yellowing from spreading/ prevent future yellowing? Do armor all wipes do that?

I know seaglow removes yellowing but I mean prevent it before it occurs

Not sure where this was posted but I bought concord xi from FNL like last week (about a year and some after they sold.) they are obviously DS lol they just have yellowing on the soles. Is there a way to keep the yellowing from spreading/ prevent future yellowing? Do armor all wipes do that?

Sea glow can slow down the process, it says that on the website. After you use it, it should create a barrier to prevent future yellowing. At least that what I read.

Sea glow can slow down the process, it says that on the website. After you use it, it should create a barrier to prevent future yellowing. At least that what I read.

Don't use sea glow.

Sea glow may POSSIBLY do that, but it also removes the traction from your soles. Retro brite is the way to go.

303 car protectant will keep your soles icy.

Last edited:
2000 Concord 11 Restoration: A full restoration was performed; I reshined the patent leather, decreased the toebox and the ankle support, whitened the mesh and the laces, and reglued the uppers and the bottoms back to the midsole,

What did you all use to retore your shoes? You did a good job!

Don't use sea glow.

Sea glow may POSSIBLY do that, but it also removes the traction from your soles. Retro brite is the way to go.

It does not remove anything. It's just a thin layer of product on it so it makes it slippery, all you have to do is cover the pods and sea glow around them. 

Don't use sea glow.

It does not remove anything. It's just a thin layer of product on it so it makes it slippery, all you have to do is cover the pods and sea glow around them. 

I know that, but what if you are sea glowing 5s where the whole ice bottom is also the source of traction?

Just recieved the rit liquid. Any recommendations on how much to use. Do i just get the liquid and put it on the netting. Any help will be appreciated.

Major fail on trying to clean the netting on my wc4. Water leaked into the leather and lifted some leather.

PLEASE someone help me out! I'm planning on sea-glowing for the first time, and based on how it goes, I'll know if I should continue to do it. I'm trying to decide if I should order the 4 ounce or 2 ounce. I know since it's the first time I should probably go with the smaller ounce, but I don't want to keep going and buying sea glow. I was just curious on which exactly I should go with? And sea-glow should be good right? I was planning on testing a little out on a smaller part of an icy sole, on some beater shoes just to see. THEN trying it fully on my raging bull 5's. They are pretty yellow but not "piss" yellow. So any thoughts on how I should go about this would be great. Thanks in advance.

What should i use to clean my Concords 11 laces??

Fairly simple. Get an empty plastic bottle. Add an old piece of soap and 1 cap of bleach. Make the water as hot as possible from the faucet. Put the laces in the bottle, close the bottle. Shake until laces are submerged. Sit the bottle down until the water cools. Drain. They should be really bright. You can do this for all laces.

Hello everybody, Im thinking of them wearing my bred 11s to school tomorrow lol. I ordered sneaker shields (wearableshoetrees) but they arent coming in until the end of the week. I have force fields. If I wear my bred 11s just tomorrow with force fields do you think they will crease? Thanks in advance as I dont want them creasing at all. I just want to wear them tomorrow

Hello everybody, Im thinking of them wearing my bred 11s to school tomorrow lol. I ordered sneaker shields (wearableshoetrees) but they arent coming in until the end of the week. I have force fields. If I wear my bred 11s just tomorrow with force fields do you think they will crease? Thanks in advance as I dont want them creasing at all. I just want to wear them tomorrow
wear em i wore mine a couple times already and they haven't creased. as long as you dont run or play any sports in em

wear em i wore mine a couple times already and they haven't creased. as long as you dont run or play any sports in em
good lol and you walked normal right cause some people walk like a robot haha. If they do crease is there a way of uncreasing them with a method?

good lol and you walked normal right cause some people walk like a robot haha. If they do crease is there a way of uncreasing them with a method?
haha yea i walk normal and they shouldnt crease with one wear but if you do crease em there is no easy solution to uncrease them unless you're steady with an iron 
roll.gif

haha yea i walk normal and they shouldnt crease with one wear but if you do crease em there is no easy solution to uncrease them unless you're steady with an iron 
roll.gif
alright im gonna trust you lol cause someone else in a different thread they creased with just one wear. I hope your right im kinda scared lol

Any of you guys familiar with the indoor setup for retrobrite and clearing up soles. Plan on trying to clear up my space jams over spring break and wondering what light bulbs to use. I've searched several different sources and basically came up with these 3 types to use:

1)UV-A

2)UV-B

3)6100k 

Any pros and cons with these? Best one to use?

Thanks for the help on the concord xi guys. I put damp rid in my closed and wiped the soles of them and my plat 2s with UV protectant armor all wipes!

I appreciate all he help. Didnt let excess run btw. Just used enough to coat them.

:smh: you do realize that's their original intent right? They're sneakers

Back
Top Bottom