:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Will post pics later but just picked up a a pair of 01 Blk/Cement 3 that have a bit yellowed midsole and scuffs.....I heard that teeth whitening gel works well to remove the yellow, any truth to this?

It has, worked for some way back in this thread you cloud try it and if doesn't work repaint the missile. For the scuffs Mr. clean magic eraser works best just be gentle

@Blee23

Use E-6000. Glue to fix the separation. Whether you reglue the entire sole or just the part that's separated is up to you.

Will post pics later but just picked up a a pair of 01 Blk/Cement 3 that have a bit yellowed midsole and scuffs.....I heard that teeth whitening gel works well to remove the yellow, any truth to this?

It has, worked for some way back in this thread you cloud try it and if doesn't work repaint the missile. For the scuffs Mr. clean magic eraser works best just be gentle

Thanks!!! Will look into the Mr Clean magic eraser, any reason to be gentle (I take it don't want to scrape the paint) Yes painting is always options, I'll try to find a professinal to do it, I am a terrible painter

I have one more question to put out there:

The midfoot strap on my XXs has lost it's ability to stick. I've read on there that it's a common problem. I took one of the suggestions and reinforced the velcrow by adding a (double stick style velcrow) to the strap but that hasn't worked great b/c it's tough for the adhesive to stick to velcrow, hence that keeps comming undone too. Are there any other solutions that have worked for you guys?

Thanks,

The midfoot strap on my XXs has lost it's ability to stick. I've read on there that it's a common problem. I took one of the suggestions and reinforced the velcrow by adding a (double stick style velcrow) to the strap but that hasn't worked great b/c it's tough for the adhesive to stick to velcrow, hence that keeps comming undone too. Are there any other solutions that have worked for you guys?

Thanks,

Picture of the strap?

Cant see the picture :/
The picture I posted is showing up my side. I'll try again
a71d890a_download.jpeg

Last edited:
The picture I posted is showing up my side. I'll try again
So that happened from just casually wearing them around the house? Seems like they rubbed up against something....weird if not.

Either way try Mr. Clean Magic Eraser.

Last edited:

Thanks,

so is the part on the strap bad or the part on the shoe? is the fuzzy part gone or the grips bad?

I think it's both actually. although I think the fuzzy part on the shoe itself might be the main problem. The stick all started to go down hill after I accidentally stepped in a puddle wht them on (comming out of a car).

I think it's both actually. although I think the fuzzy part on the shoe itself might be the main problem. The stick all started to go down hill after I accidentally stepped in a puddle wht them on (comming out of a car).

Try combing the fuzz part with a small toothed comb.

Im wanting to custom a pair of hyperposites. For those of you who have a fair amount of experience with applying paint to shoes, do you think that angelus would be good to use on the foamposite material? If not what would ya'll recommend. I cant ask the people who do the customs on foams because they wont divulge any helpful info what so ever.

@Alex18PR - It's not the leather that needs to be whitened. Is the paint.

@EMkicks - I've never heard of a paint that would stick to foamposite material. The only thing I've ever seen that sticks to the material is dye.

@Sir Charles - Well damn. How is it then that these customizers are able to do some pretty detailed customs on the foamposite one?

@Sir Charles - Well damn. How is it then that these customizers are able to do some pretty detailed customs on the foamposite one?

Honestly, I have no clue. The only customs I've seen on foamposites changed the sole color, the stitched Nike checks, and the nubuck material/mesh.

I've never heard of a paint that stuck to the material, and I doubt angelus would. It might, but I feel that it would chip fairly easily. I've seen so many people mess up dye jobs though that I know that dye sinks into the material fairly well.

There is probably a paint out there, search the Sneaker Art forums and ask someone there.

Honestly, I have no clue. The only customs I've seen on foamposites changed the sole color, the stitched Nike checks, and the nubuck material/mesh.

I've never heard of a paint that stuck to the material, and I doubt angelus would. It might, but I feel that it would chip fairly easily. I've seen so many people mess up dye jobs though that I know that dye sinks into the material fairly well.

There is probably a paint out there, search the Sneaker Art forums and ask someone there.

Thanks for your input man. I have been asking but no one will come through with an answer. Ill keep at it though.

Take a look at the custom foamposites by smoothtip.com to see the detailed designs im refering to.

Back
Top Bottom