:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Foams kinda have a clear coat finish so paint wouldn't work and once the white out foams drop i assume to see a lot of customs as you do with and white based shoe bit cant wait, my favorite foamposite custom would have to be the foampollo one.

I started restoration process on my FireRed 3 and also did a good cleaning on my Breds 01. Here is an update.

Before

After

Before

After

Hey anyone in here know how to make Glow in the dark paint? or what i have to do to make the paint glow? any info would help thanks.

I think it's both actually. although I think the fuzzy part on the shoe itself might be the main problem. The stick all started to go down hill after I accidentally stepped in a puddle wht them on (comming out of a car).

maybe remove as much as you can with a straight razor then get the double sided velcro and try it that way, thats what i would do.

What should I use to remove the Ashyness off the sides of the soles on these 03 Nubuck 12's I picked up? Also what can I do to i guess bring more life backe to the nubuck? It seems dull in certain places...

Last edited:
Lincoln EZ cleaner.
Appreciate it. For both the Nubuck and the side of the rubber soles?

Clean up the midsole and soles with a toothbrush, warm water, and some dish soap. If it isn't getting the dirt up use a Brillo pad.

I just cleaned off some of the toughest dirt Stains on the soles of my low top IXs and classic
Green IVs with a Brillo pad.

Try mr clean magic eraser on the scuffs if that doesnt work then angelus paint should work but be carefull stripping them

Mr clean took it off but then came back after it dried like nothing happened. Can you give more details on how to repaint these? Are there any stores you know of that will do this kind of stuff for you? I'd do it just need more instructions.

So I found some 2003 bugs bunny 8s in my closet today. I started cleaning one up, but this whole project is gonna be some work

Also found some 2006 Mili 4s that I beat up :wow: not sure if they are worth saving though :lol:

The bottoms of the Mili 4s are stained with green and brown from grass. The midsole has 3 different types of paint on it, and they are beat as hell. Same goes to the bugs bunnies. I'll be busy for awhile

Mil fours in 06 were Hella ****** buy a newer retro pair to save you time unless your after fun and experience in restoring

Mil fours in 06 were Hella ****** buy a newer retro pair to save you time unless your after fun and experience in restoring

Why spend money on something I already have? I have another pair of ds 06s, I just found these and decided I wanted to do something with them.

Mr clean took it off but then came back after it dried like nothing happened. Can you give more details on how to repaint these? Are there any stores you know of that will do this kind of stuff for you? I'd do it just need more instructions.

Youll have to strip the paint off using acetone and the use angelus paint to repaint them but if youre not experienced youd might want to take the to a shop that does restorations

@sircharles nice find the bugs bunnys dont look to bad cracking on those happens like nothin but happy restoring and the 4s wont be to bad either

Why spend money on something I already have? I have another pair of ds 06s, I just found these and decided I wanted to do something with them.

Meh my friend picked up a pair of 06s for hella cheap, he said most uncomfortable shoe he has ever worn and after his second or third wear huge sections of the paint had either cracked or chipped

Meh my friend picked up a pair of 06s for hella cheap, he said most uncomfortable shoe he has ever worn and after his second or third wear huge sections of the paint had either cracked or chipped

I had gotten 2 pair by mistake in 06. My order got messed up for a 9, soi got a 9.5. Both came in the mail, stored the 9, beat the 9.5 up. The paint was cheap as hell, but comfort wise I liked them. Really firm.

Anyway, just ordered fire red, white, and blue angelus paint from turtle feathers. I don't know when it will be in. Meanwhile I've been scrubbing away at these militaries with a toothbrush and Brillo pad. They are starting too look hella good. No creases and the grass and dirt stains finally lifted. With a paint job these will be way better than the 2012 retro. Can't wait :pimp:

The 8s however will be a more difficult job. I got the one that is still intact cleaned up, waiting to repaint it. But the other one is separated at the midsole and sole, and the midsole is crumbled in 2 places. I think I'll keep the midsole how it is, I don't have the $$$ to buy the 2013 retro just to swap it. Plus 2003 > 2007 > 2013. These have a really nice leather that I forgot jb once used :lol:

Interesting project for me.

Guys I need help.

I got my Contact cement to reglue these 8s and I'm terrible at regluing. I did a test run on my low top IXs and fixed small areas of separation but I struggled.

How do you guys keep them together? 15-20 minute drying time. It's more like 30 minutes though

Id use alot rubber bands or there are these plastic clamps you can buy and turn to tighten/ loosin them up

I'm really impatient though. I'm already pissed I have to wait for this paint in the mail.

Rubber bands always seem to move too, but I'll see if I can find some around the house, link to clamps?

Wanna repaint my midsole since the rest of the shoe is still great. Should I try sanding off the paint or use acetone? I dont know if acetone will damage the suede but I'm also not sure if sanding the paint will ruin the midsole. (feels like foam material)

^
You definetly don't wanna sand. Use acetone.
Just dot get it on the upper. Try taping it off
Damnit, gonna be tough to stay clear of the suede. Hopefully the paint will be removed evenly since the paint is fine everywhere else but here (on both shoes). Any tips for this process? Gonna tape the entire shoe up when I start re-painting it.

^

You definetly don't wanna sand. Use acetone.

Just dot get it on the upper. Try taping it off
Damnit, gonna be tough to stay clear of the suede. Hopefully the paint will be removed evenly since the paint is fine everywhere else but here (on both shoes). Any tips for this process? Gonna tape the entire shoe up when I start re-painting it.

Tape off the suede. If you aren't using a strong tape like frog tape hen use multiple layers.

Get a few cotton balls and dap the acetone on there. Then chip away with a flat screw driver.

Guys I need help.

I got my Contact cement to reglue these 8s and I'm terrible at regluing. I did a test run on my low top IXs and fixed small areas of separation but I struggled.

How do you guys keep them together? 15-20 minute drying time. It's more like 30 minutes though

Just take 4 or 5 laces and tie them around the shoe to keep the sole in place stuff it so it won't crease as a precaution

Back
Top Bottom