:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

So if I undrestand correctly, I should remove the paper from the box and put the shoes in zip lock bags.
If I wear my shoes once every week or 2 then do I really need to put them in zip lock bags?

Originally Posted by SirCharles

So if I undrestand correctly, I should remove the paper from the box and put the shoes in zip lock bags.
If I wear my shoes once every week or 2 then do I really need to put them in zip lock bags?
yeah, just as long as you store is correctly which is putting them in your box in a cool area. you should be fine.

Originally Posted by justivkickx

NT can I get some help. Similar to DaFittedKing...I have some Cool Grey patent leather XI's...newly acquired. And the upper suede is a lil dirty. What is the best method/product to use to clean the suede? I saw above a nubuck/suede eraser and brush but where do I find this? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Sorry if question asked before...didnt feel like reading through the whole post.
You can buy them at any mainstream shoe store, or target.

ALSO MY Chrome 8s are Faded BLACK ANY HELP PLS..... i know ppl say lotion or baby oil and some say baby oilmesses them up..so need more info PM PLS PLS also a step by step guide would be nice
wink.gif

Originally Posted by EdgarVega4

NT i am confused on which SEA GLOW to purchase for the yellowing on the XIs is it the NEUTRAL CLEAR[emoji]8482[/emoji] Cleanser & Conditioner and thats all or i gotta purchase MORE poducts Thanks...
http://www.islandgirlproducts.com/pricelist.html#Sea-glowhttp://www.islandgirlprod...m/pricelist.html#Sea-glow
neutral clear is for areas that were colored to begin with. Get the original seaglow with the green/blue liquid in the bottle.

Baby Oil works fine. Just dont put TOO much baby oil. just put a little less dime sized baby oil on the spot.

xiiisolesepzl3.jpg

I just picked up this OG XIII for $30. They are in fairly good condition except they got these outsole seperation on both shoes.
How can i glue them back?

Originally Posted by p5jay2

xiiisolesepzl3.jpg

I just picked up this OG XIII for $30. They are in fairly good condition except they got these outsole seperation on both shoes.
How can i glue them back?
shoe goo.

Thanks FPSee thy came out alot better than i would have thought with the suede cleaner and eraser, now if i could only un-yellow the soles
eyes.gif

Before
b8e154fb01d9021db51511babbb01d7c7265266.jpg

After
63135c37f9ba0962dc9103071c43397f8df49bd.jpg

anyone know i can clean the red part from my carmines and get blue jean dye from shoes help is appericated

Originally Posted by Murkn3m

anyone know i can clean the red part from my carmines and get blue jean dye from shoes help is appericated
PICTURES HELP US, HELP YOU.

Yo! I gotta big scuff on my CDP Hare 7's... its a dirt mark... my friend accidentially stepped on it... can I get any help??????!!!???

Will prob post pics later.

Originally Posted by king jay XI

Yo! I gotta big scuff on my CDP Hare 7's... its a dirt mark... my friend accidentially stepped on it... can I get any help??????!!!???

suede/nubuck eraser with brush.

Ok, so today I wore my CDP XVII and i thought I had a little mark on it around the front. So i got some water and tried rubbing it off. After a few hours, thespot started to get faded. I want to know how to get the color back.
How should I fix it?
So far i tried putting a little baby oil on it
would a suede brush work?

Originally Posted by kevin911

Ok, so today I wore my CDP XVII and i thought I had a little mark on it around the front. So i got some water and tried rubbing it off. After a few hours, the spot started to get faded. I want to know how to get the color back.
How should I fix it?
So far i tried putting a little baby oil on it
would a suede brush work?
and tell me why a suede brush would bring back the color of the faded area?

Baby Oil is the best method of bringing back the faded spot. to a darker color

The baby oil helped get some of the color back, but it still doesn't blend in with the rest of the shoe
is there anythin else i could do? Does suede renew work and where could i get it?

Originally Posted by FPSee

is that like the magic eraser?

Im gonna buy the conconrd six rings and i seen pictures with clear soles and im wonderin if they're going to yellow?
and if they do
What can i do to help prevent it.?
and if you could help me out so i could'nt crease them either that would help too.

any idea how to restore my og xi's? they look great except the pl is a little dull and has some nicks on it...

when storing shoes such as cdp IXs, XIIIs, and playoff 8s and cement spizikes, do i take the paper out and put in a cool dark place? any other ways to helpstore them?

Originally Posted by kevin911

The baby oil helped get some of the color back, but it still doesn't blend in with the rest of the shoe
is there anythin else i could do? Does suede renew work and where could i get it?
for the most part i tried a few drops every 3 hours or so to try and get the color back on my DMP VIs and it work perfectly, but that's justme.
I havent tried the suede renew at all or seen anybody try it, so i wouldnt know. I'm guess it does since the description of one of the suede renew says.
"Suede Renew is specially developed to renew and recolor suedes. Revives old, faded suede. Suede renew is water proof andwill not rub off"

Originally Posted by xbiker47

when storing shoes such as cdp IXs, XIIIs, and playoff 8s and cement spizikes, do i take the paper out and put in a cool dark place? any other ways to help store them?

you dont need to take out the paper. storing them: just leave them in the box and put them in your closet or wherever it cant be exposed to sunlight or heat.if you want to go the extra measure, you can put them in a ziplock bag and put 1 or 2 silca packs in there or none at all.

Originally Posted by FPSee

is that like the magic eraser?
no its not. its an actual eraser while magic eraser is just foam. but made for dirt on suede/nubuck.
Originally Posted by blue23jordan

Im gonna buy the conconrd six rings and i seen pictures with clear soles and im wonderin if they're going to yellow?
and if they do
What can i do to help prevent it.?
and if you could help me out so i could'nt crease them either that would help too.
I dont know about if its going to yellow, havent heard any complaints about them. I dont know first hand either because IMO those shoes arehideous .
storing them: just leave them in the box and put them in your closet or wherever it cant be exposed to sunlight or heat. if you want to go the extra measure,you can put them in a ziplock bag and put 1 or 2 silca packs in there or none at all.
if you dont have creases the best way to prevent creases on your shoes is DO NOT WEAR THEM. Plain and simple.

Originally Posted by mattg

any idea how to restore my og xi's? they look great except the pl is a little dull and has some nicks on it...

PICTURES HELP US HELP YOU.

Is there a way to remove the bottom half of a shoe without ruining it. Here is a pic for example. Basically want to remove the sole and midsole and not ruinit, if the upper part was torn up that would be okay. Just wondering if this is possible and if so how would I go about it? Any help thanks.
jordan-fire-red.jpg

Back
Top Bottom