:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

yall are nuts about these things, seriously i bet nobody can see them unless the shoe is less than 5 feet from their face, just rock them and love them or sell them cuz the more work u put into them the more likely u are to mess them up worse, then you will wish it was just a glue spot.
exactly what I was thinking. They're probably trying to resell the shoes if they're worried about a 1mm x 1mm scratch or paint discoloration.

The unyellowing of the patent leather technique I haven't decided to release yet because it's something I came up with and haven't seen anyone do yet...
You holding out on us bruh 
laugh.gif

I guess it's for business purposes.

I have a pair of Black/Cement IV's from 99 that fell apart after one wear. Does anyone know any places in NYC, shoe repairs, or any places that can do a midsole swap with a Flight 89 midsole?

Mesh on concords,

HOW CAN I CLEAN THAT PART? I dont want to put them in the washer like some have said.

I want to make it white again.

any tips on cleaning the sockliners of WC3's?

take a tooth brush, run it under warm water and use and old bar of soap. Use a little bit of oxyclean, try to make it into a moderate paste, and scrub like hell. It works.

Glockwork, :wow:. I really am curious how you did that. I need to take preventive measures on mine.

@Sircharles, you started on your white VIII's yet?

Last edited:
any tips on cleaning the sockliners of WC3's?

take a tooth brush, run it under warm water and use and old bar of soap. Use a little bit of oxyclean, try to make it into a moderate paste, and scrub like hell. It works.

^
eek.gif
what did you use? I've heard it was really hard to whiten patent?
Will do when I clear up all the mistakes
laugh.gif

This is what they look like as of now, I have to get the edges done. And fix the netting
though i know you're not done, how you gonna post teaser pics before and have it look like that?
sick.gif

http://www.amazon.co.uk/JML-5020044770276-Magic-Eraser-V1352/dp/B00097ECGM
ir

Is that the magic eraser that you guys speak of? Is it safe to use on material(not leather)? I've never heard of it before here in the UK!
Just don't scrub too hard...i only use it on regular leather.. Im not really sold with magic eraser. I just use soap and water..

I use Brillo pads on my leather occasionally. It's incredibly durable sometimes.

^ :wow: what did you use? I've heard it was really hard to whiten patent?

Will do when I clear up all the mistakes :lol:

This is what they look like as of now, I have to get the edges done. And fix the netting
though i know you're not done, how you gonna post teaser pics before and have it look like that? :x

I actually just stopped with the project, all the negative feedback made me feel like it wasn't worth it to finish it. Oh well,

Any suggestions on removing glue from leather without damaging the leather?

Acetone is what removes all glues. Yet it's strong and dangerous to use on painted leather. So, you might want to try scrubbing it with soap and water, or rubbing alcohol

not sure where to post this question but ill start here. Im thinking about buying a pair of OG bred 12s that have been worn sparingly(supposedly) my question is how wearable would a pair be 16yrs later? From the pics they seem to be in great cond dont what to do as i could get a DS pair for about $100 more what would be my best option here for those that have a 97 pair your input would help.

Currently trying this. I gotta stop just spot testing and do a full treatment.
I did the same thing. Did a couple panels on the inside side of 1 shoe and could see from my spot test it was the truth. Even let it dry for a day to see how it looked dry and felt for texture. Just remember to rinse well when done, don't be shy with the water. LOL

Currently trying this. I gotta stop just spot testing and do a full treatment.
I did the same thing. Did a couple panels on the inside side of 1 shoe and could see from my spot test it was the truth. Even let it dry for a day to see how it looked dry and felt for texture. Just remember to rinse well when done, don't be shy with the water. LOL

Duly noted

CUSTOM BRED XI'S !!!!! :So since these have released twice in 3 months , I decided i wanted to customize a bred xi , by painting the pylon midsole black, to give it that blacked out look and prevent the dirty white look.I've been told angelus + angelus sealer is the way to go with very thin painters tape !I know others have done this , other than nordo. Can you please post or pm me a walkthrough with materials? Thanks !

Back
Top Bottom