:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Cool. Appreciate the input. I'm gonna add some pics of my repainted bc3s later and give a better idea of the midsole damage. I've got another coat of angelus and a couple coats of the matte finish left

^ awesome job man. what do you do so that the glue does not seep to the rest of the shoe?

Hey man. I signed up just to ask this question. The heel tab on my fours just ripped off right through the stitching. It is barely hanging on and do you have any thoughts on how to fix it? It bugs the crap outta me! I appreciate your expertise. 

Awesome job on the black and red XIs. I have two pair of og black and red XIs that need to be reglued. The soles are partially separated. My question is do I reglue what is separated or do I take the whole sole off then reglue?

i just wipe it off when it overflows, if you do it while it is still wet it shouldnt be a problem but the toothpick deal seems pretty good too, thanks for the extra tip.

So for midsole separation is e6000 good enough? I've been using barge cement but doesn't hold up on the midsole. Works good on the outsole though

Thanks guys repped both. Good tips. I always wiped but I guess my process was wrong every time I tried applying pressure

I'm not restoring those Aqua 8's but I'm off tomorrow and will be seaglowing Whie/Infrared 6's and some Gym Green Foams

Process I did on 2000 SJ XI's...I lightly sand both the gumsole and white midsole, scrub them clean and once they're dry, I lightly apply 2 coats of cement. Once 5-10 mins, I touch the glue to see if it's ready to tack. From there I wrestle with the shoe while aligning it, when its all set I stuff the shoe firmly and wrap it with those thick addidas laces. Usually after 3 hrs I can remove the laces and excess glue once its dried....

JohnAndrew, Do you remove the excess glue or lightly paint it black? Also, did you have to reglue the white midsole to the uppers? I dont want to reveal your "recipe" per say, but I also perform local sole seperation fixes and Those XI's came out sharp as hell! 
nthat.gif

Need confirmation. can i safely use oxiclean on cleaning my white leather? or any other colored leather? i know oxiclean stated its not a bleach so should not worry about colored stuff.but would want to know if it will damage the leather?

I have my shoes in my garage in a old fridge it's get up to -15 in there is it a good place to store sneakers there all in there shoe box

Does anyone know how to fix this? I've had these since day of release and it's been bugging me ever since.

Need confirmation. can i safely use oxiclean on cleaning my white leather? or any other colored leather? i know oxiclean stated its not a bleach so should not worry about colored stuff.but would want to know if it will damage the leather?

never use oxiclean on leather. it eats it up and weakens it.

I have the same cracking on the 23 mine is worst, but its to be expected specially when you wear it due to flexing.there are some tutorials in youtube for it..

Back
Top Bottom