:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

man i got the same problem u had

Got a pair of OG 7s Cardinal Sz8.5, not wearable but since I want to rock em, then I did a sole repair

my dad helped me to insert some chemical substance into the shoes sole, which act as the foam. so that I can rock em again!

ill ask my dad what the chemical substance is!!

Thats wassup. My father once used pvc glue in 2003 to glue old Space Jam's, knowing better now I would suggest barge cement, Gorilla Glue expands too much and needs water to be activated (depending which product you use)...

All you really gotta do is take your time...Get various sized paint brushes to apply the glue...Hey, If an 8 year old did it in Taiwan in 92...

" It sets a minimum age of 16 in its factories, but Nike made no restriction for countries where workers are legally able to work at 14."

"In recent years, Nike has been criticized for its employment of child labor in Cambodia, but the company defended itself by saying fake evidence of age could be bought in Cambodia for as little as $5."

roll.gif

"Wages in Vietnam are already at rock bottom. There is no need for Nike to pay workers any lower than the $45 monthly minimum wage."

"The Age newspaper revealed recently  that children in India, some as young as 7 years old, have been involved in the production  of the iconic AFL Sherrin footballs.  For their efforts in stitching the balls they were paid around 12 cents per ball."

Last edited:
well sort of its this company called spot on restorations. They do an amazing job honestly and right now they are restoring my carolina low 11s. They arent accepting any more shoes until after they complete this batch. which is going to take them a while

Won some OG Taxi's last week for 47 bucks, the soles were immaculate(other than chipped foam on midsole which I fixed with a blow dryer, lighter, and metal carving tool to restore pebbled look)

It's crazy the tag reads 96 and I rocked them Friday and Saturday to work, no issues or seperation
nthat.gif

but the uppers were scuffed and well soiled(laces were nasty).Got alot of creases out and removed set stains....I only took after photos, the before are from the auction.

Last edited:
I've got some 2011 black cement 3s that are starting to crack on the midsole. They've still got lots of life but I'm thinking about trying a midsole swap. I've thought about trying to swap the jordan flight club 90s with mine because in the red color way the outsoles are identical to my bc3s which would save me tons of trying swapping just the midsoles. Does anyone know if I could get away with swapping a 10.5 onto my size 11s? I found a cheap pair and was just wondering. Until I get to that point I will be just repainting them.

Call me crazy but I don't think the sole of a smaller shoe is going to fit

very doubtful but i have never heard of anyone trying and even though it is the same midsole the sizing for a particular shoe might be off so there's that as well, sole swapping is a scary deal unless its oranges for oranges

Won some OG Taxi's last week for 47 bucks, the soles were immaculate(other than chipped foam on midsole which I fixed with a blow dryer, lighter, and metal carving tool to restore pebbled look)

It's crazy the tag reads 96 and I rocked them Friday and Saturday to work, no issues or seperation :nthat:

but the uppers were scuffed and well soiled(laces were nasty).Got alot of creases out and removed set stains....I only took after photos, the before are from the auction.

How are the plastics tabs on these?

best way to fix these 07 VIII's?

Looks like you're gonna have to dye them.

I've got some 2011 black cement 3s that are starting to crack on the midsole. They've still got lots of life but I'm thinking about trying a midsole swap. I've thought about trying to swap the jordan flight club 90s with mine because in the red color way the outsoles are identical to my bc3s which would save me tons of trying swapping just the midsoles. Does anyone know if I could get away with swapping a 10.5 onto my size 11s? I found a cheap pair and was just wondering. Until I get to that point I will be just repainting them.

Is the paint cracking or are your midsoles damaged? Sounds like all you need is a repaint

The midsole is starting to crack itself which is self inflicted when I tried a method of using a file to remove all the midsole paint and I went a little to rough in areas. I just finished a repaint and they look good and I think I've still got lots of wears before the midsole actually breaks down. I'm just thinking ahead and trying to plan for a swap when they need it. Do you recommend anything that I could use as a filler to give it a smoother finish? I was going to try to use caulk but chickened out and just repainted them.

The midsole is starting to crack itself which is self inflicted when I tried a method of using a file to remove all the midsole paint and I went a little to rough in areas. I just finished a repaint and they look good and I think I've still got lots of wears before the midsole actually breaks down. I'm just thinking ahead and trying to plan for a swap when they need it. Do you recommend anything that I could use as a filler to give it a smoother finish? I was going to try to use caulk but chickened out and just repainted them.
use hole filler for walls and get a really fine finishing sandpaper block and make it look good and smooth then repaint, easy breezy!

just thought of that and that might not be a good idea, i used it on the heel of my 1s so it might be bad on the midsole. I'll get back to you on this.

How are the plastics tabs on these?
Looks like you're gonna have to dye them.
Is the paint cracking or are your midsoles damaged? Sounds like all you need is a repaint
 Plastic tabs are good, no cracks or wear at all! The guy who had them must of let them breath....Just Got my Aqua's after a nice wait, I put them somewhere for a nice price but I cant put before pics till Thurs, but check out the glitter on the Concord and how the colors pop....here's a few quick ones....
nthat.gif

Last edited:
Not sure if it is the right thread for this, but I got some signed shoes (KD V's) and I was wondering if shrink wrapping them would help? Just because I don't want them collecting dust or anything on my display lol.

nice job, they look just a tad darker than original but im sure in the light you wont be able to tell!

Anyone tried rust oleum NeverWet on some 11 white midsoles? They say it gives a chalky finish but I don't think you would be able to see it on the midsole. The commercials make it look like that stuff repels everything

Anyone tried rust oleum NeverWet on some 11 white midsoles? They say it gives a chalky finish but I don't think you would be able to see it on the midsole. The commercials make it look like that stuff repels everything
im sure it works but do you want to take the chance that it ruins them? i dont and unless you're doing a tough mudder run you really dont need anything on XIs, warm water and soap cleans fine and well enough for me.

Good point. Do you spray waterproofer over the whole shoe or do you try to avoid getting it on the patent leather?

i dont put anything on my shoes and they all look amazing, as long as you clean your shoes after each wear and be careful to avoid bad staining accidents then you should be good. But stain proofing and water proofing should be safe i just dont take any chances

Back
Top Bottom