:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Any advice on this pair? Can these be cleaned up? I'm thinking Sea Glow on both pairs and Rit rather than BKF on the Concord uppers.

Also, what about these? I think this pair is in good shape, but I'm wondering if there's anything you'd advise me to do. Great post! Thanks!

So I'm cleaning my white/argon blue XI lows the other day with Footlocker shoe cleaner and the blue in the elephant print bleeds. How do I clean that?

anyone know if its possible to get rid of the yellowing on the Olympic VII's at the bottom of the toe? its a common problem, i'd think theres asolution...

The top of the list says sand paper. that doesnt sound kosher at all lol

Originally Posted by OUChrisLitt

Any advice on this pair? Can these be cleaned up? I'm thinking Sea Glow on both pairs and Rit rather than BKF on the Concord uppers.

Also, what about these? I think this pair is in good shape, but I'm wondering if there's anything you'd advise me to do. Great post! Thanks!

On those Concords if you are worried about the uppers I can help, not so much for the soles. My friends 2001 concords were beat to death, I cleaned them thisway and they came out looking DS except for the soles. Get yourself some barkeepers friend, mix it with water until you get a thick paste. Dampen the tops ofthe shoes and scrub in the paste with a toothebrush. When youre done, rinse the shoes under the heavy faucet of your bathtub with cool water. Rinse them reallywell, after you think youve rinsed them more than enough, do it for another 5 minutes. If you dont rinse them enough they will come out yellow when they dry,if they do, dont worry just re-rinse them. Stuff shoes with newspaper and put a fan on them, change the newspaper every so often. I wish I had before afterpics of mine, they came out fantastic.

got a few q's. what type of bar keepers frined im i suppost to use. where can you purchase it also and rit to. are u able to use sea glow on the netting of5s.

I could have swore that there used to be an official thread on making custom shoes. Anyone remember this or know where to find this? Thanks in advance for thehelp.

I just bought sum penguins brand suede and nubuck cleaner from modells, anyone used it or know if it works well on the retro carmine vi's.
thANKS IN ADVANCED

Originally Posted by radrztj85

I could have swore that there used to be an official thread on making custom shoes. Anyone remember this or know where to find this? Thanks in advance for the help.
Try the Sneaker Art forum with all the custom info. There was a lengthy thread at one points about paints, techniques, etc.

pssh. the soles are hardly that yellow. sea glow will work fine.

what size are those cool greys?

Anyone else's dmp xi's yellowing just from storing them? kinda upset me when i went to go take at look at them. stored them with silica packets too....

^ they work, I just dont use them because they make my shoes feel tight.

Hey guys, do you think we can soles from yellowing by spraying that water repellent that is sold at stores like champs and footlocker? Since it repels water Imsure it will block moisture, and im sure that a coat or two should give it some sort of a shield against air. Has any one ever heard or tried it? Thanks.

4b336c33124eaff20d3b5f3bf4392d96092b6737.jpg
8b8264417ea300fd5a5f2e2569ea99131c5d4115.jpg

Someone pleae tell me theirs somthing i can do about thiss

Originally Posted by MINNEAPOLISxSneakers

ive heard alot of things about forcefields shoe decreasers. do they work or not?

They work but very uncomfortable feels like walking with a credit card on top of your toes. Wear the sneakers proudly crease or not.

you can take those VII's to a shoe repair to get them air brushed

Originally Posted by bence23

pssh. the soles are hardly that yellow. sea glow will work fine.

what size are those cool greys?

Has anyone fixed small tears on patent leather due to creasing on jordan xis? HELP PLZZ!

BTW -- If anyone can let me know what they did to get the Rit Brightener Whitener or Color Remover to work, lemme know. It really had the opposite effect forme and created some mild yellowing on a small upper area of my XIs.

Grr i got blue die on my 12's the first day i wore them, any way of removing it? -THanks

Back
Top Bottom