:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

any advice would be appreciated.. They're my cousins and we tried cleaners.. I told him they were dead lol..

My bro has a pair of 18.5 that the back heel is coming off and flapping.... What kind of glue should b used on it to make them wearable and all together again

Suede dye would probably restore the color. It's pretty easy IMO. Unless the suede itself is damaged like dried out then idk

My bro has a pair of 18.5 that the back heel is coming off and flapping.... What kind of glue should b used on it to make them wearable and all together again

I just used e6000 to repair my 18s that had the same exact problem. And tied it up with a shoe lace for about 24+ hours. Did the job perfectly

So glad I could help. Just make sure not to put too much cuz you don't want a bunch of excess adhesive spewing out the sides, gets messy to clean up

Reactions: CSJ
Yellow. Not crumble. Crumbling is age and storing conditions as far as humidity goes. Also need to be worn. DS pairs x amount of years old are much more likely to crumble than a pair worn over the years

All my 11 are in plastic bins now, but we're in their normal boxes for the first couple years. The space jams from 09 are still DS but naturally yellowed. You won't have a problem with those ever crumbling. At least not to my knowledge. 4s will crumble if not worn and you own them for years and years. But if we're talking 5 years or so then don't even stress it

Last edited:
I wear my fours I took the paper out of it because I don't want the midsole to yellow (glow4) also my other 4s to and my gamma 11 should I leave the paper in box with the shoe until I get plastic bins ? And would the ink on the paper leak on to the shoe? Thanks for the help bro

Also the 7s raptors the nubuck is a dust magnet I put them in a plastic bag an left the back part open good idea or no

I wear my fours I took the paper out of it because I don't want the midsole to yellow (glow4) also my other 4s to and my gamma 11 should I leave the paper in box with the shoe until I get plastic bins ? And would the ink on the paper leak on to the shoe? Thanks for the help bro

I've never had a mid sole yellow other than the shoe rubber on air forces. That won't be a problem

So leaving the paper fine ? In the gamma and glow 4 and my raptors I keep in the bag with the back open is that fine ? Sorry for all the questions just wanna be safe

Box with black paper at the bottom, ziplock half way close... But doesnt matter ice or not i still use it... This is ds. Im really suprise its still super icy

I just used e6000 to repair my 18s that had the same exact problem. And tied it up with a shoe lace for about 24+ hours. Did the job perfectly
would this glue work for the midsole on jordan 5s? on the outside part right after the shark teeth and before the air unit, i have a bit of separation from deyellowing them.

So leaving the paper fine ? In the gamma and glow 4 and my raptors I keep in the bag with the back open is that fine ? Sorry for all the questions just wanna be safe

Keep the questions coming, no prob!
I've stored over a hundred kicks with paper in em for up to ten years. The only shoe it will cause a problem with is an icy sole, and possibly a white rubber mid sole. This only happened on 2 of maybe 30 pairs I had

Back
Top Bottom