:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

would this glue work for the midsole on jordan 5s? on the outside part right after the shark teeth and before the air unit, i have a bit of separation from deyellowing them.

Absolutely you just gotta clamp it down properly. I've used it to fix 12s, 17s and 18s, and an old pair of Nike spiridon running shoes

I got a major scuff on the toebox of my Jordan I Breds. Any suggestions on which shade of Angelus Red paint to use to cover that up?

Any suggestions on how to get the right shade of white to repaint the 88s? I've noticed the white is a duller shade than the angelus white. I'm sure duller drops will help but just wanted to see if anyone out there has any tips on an 88 repaint

Finally got around to my 2002 Charcoals. Used Barge Cement and it came out pretty good. I need to touchup the red and purple spikes, would stardard "red" and "purple" paint from Angelus to the job?

From experience, the e6000 holds up better over time than the barge cement

what tools would you recommend for clamping it while re gluing? I'm assuming tying shoe laces around it won't suffice lol

If there's areas that shoe laces won't do the trick, hit up your local hardware store and get a large clamp.

This is the one I use, for it from Lowe's for like $6-8.
And I've used the blue painters tape a couple times. It doesn't leave a residue on leather. Helps at the toe box area if needed

This is the one I use, for it from Lowe's for like $6-8.
And I've used the blue painters tape a couple times. It doesn't leave a residue on leather. Helps at the toe box area if needed
Might have to go check that clamp out

Can someone define what you mean by "charge" on the lights/sun/uv/soles not to sure i think its too much heat ? Has anyone experienced any cracks or marks on the soles after retrobriting? The sole feels hard and lost grip

Can someone define what you mean by "charge" on the lights/sun/uv/soles not to sure i think its too much heat ? Has anyone experienced any cracks or marks on the soles after retrobriting? The sole feels hard and lost grip
For GITD soles to glow, they must be "charged" with light from either the sun or a light bulb. What solution are you using as 'retr0bright' ?

if you are talking about the ones i use, they are made by Iris here in america and I purchased them at Costco.
They can be found directly on their website at a slightly higher price than costco but comes in handy if you dont have a costco store near or a membership.
http://www.shopirisusa.com/modular-box-13-5-qt-mcb-s-clear-shoe-box.html
yeah I have a costco membership, the containerstore ones seem cheaper though. question about re gluing: should I reglue and let it harden completely before doing any deyellowing? I didn't notice any increased separation after a 3 hour session, but I'm going to need to do 5-6 hour sessions for this shoe and don't want to risk any damage. the shoe barely gets warm when deyellowing, lights are about 45" from the shoes.

yeah I have a costco membership, the containerstore ones seem cheaper though. question about re gluing: should I reglue and let it harden completely before doing any deyellowing? I didn't notice any increased separation after a 3 hour session, but I'm going to need to do 5-6 hour sessions for this shoe and don't want to risk any damage. the shoe barely gets warm when deyellowing, lights are about 45" from the shoes.

They may be cheaper I dunno I just like these cuz they fit my shoes great and stack perfect. Also the fact that they're American made.
As for the whitening process I have no idea to be truthful. But if it were me I'd do all that first, then pull out the adhesive after that process is done

Last edited:
Anyone what the best suede cleaner would be to clean these? Someone stepped their muddy foot on them (in person it's more of a brown color). Also how do I even go about cleaning the synthetic suede and the elephant print?

I honestly think Jason markk would do wonders for that. He posts videos on YouTube of how to correctly clean each material

I honestly think Jason markk would do wonders for that. He posts videos on YouTube of how to correctly clean each material
Alright thanks man, also any suggestions for a waterproofing product for the black grapes?

I've used foot locker water proofer on many pairs and hats as well. It definitely does what it's supposed to

I've used foot locker water proofer on many pairs and hats as well. It definitely does what it's supposed to
does it work as well as "repell well" (i think thats the name). I want to do that on a few of my kicks as well. I have the lights extremely far away from my shoes and the midsole between the air unit and shark teeth (retro 5) is starting to separate slowly..feels bad man

Back
Top Bottom