:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

I don't feel my shoes are worn, until I see a crease. That's one thing I'm not interested in preventing or restoring

Pulled these out and found this, it's ink transfer from the reciept that I left in the box. Any suggestions? I've tried magic eraser, hair spray, shoe cleaner, regular eraser, nothing seems to be working at all.

Last edited:

Pulled these out and found this, it's ink transfer from the reciept that I left in the box. Any suggestions? I've tried magic eraser, hair spray, shoe cleaner, regular eraser, nothing seems to be working at all.

In the words of JayZ
Good luck with THAT bro
I came to my own conclusion it's a defect not ink. I couldn't get it out. I simply returned the shoe on the 45th day with a receipt from the pair I wore

In the words of JayZ
Good luck with THAT bro
I came to my own conclusion it's a defect not ink. I couldn't get it out. I simply returned the shoe on the 45th day with a receipt from the pair I wore

This is the first time ive even took em out since I bought em! I'm not sure what to do at this point

In the words of JayZ
Good luck with THAT bro

This is the first time ive even took em out since I bought em! I'm not sure what to do at this point

I actually got it off with nail polish remover. See the Concord pics.
But it came right back a few minutes later

I heard one dude last month saying he planned on getting some really fine sand paper and going at it.
Never heard back or I missed his results. Not a bad idea if your keeping em regardless.
I just returned em' for someone who wouldnt care to enjoy, your joints though, it's not that bad, mine was like "hello"

Last edited:

Ok, so I ended up using pure acetone and clear nail polish. I'm not sure if you can tell the difference, let me know. Thanks for the help though.

That is after some time, I did find out exactly what you were saying about it coming back, you can make it completely dissappear and it comes back. I've never seen anything like it. I'll post another pic in about 15 minutes when I get back home and we'll check it out.

Try retrobrite? Might work.. I have those black spots on my cool grey and tuxedo 11 low but doesn't bother me at all..

They have been selling them for a while. 

You don't need sneaker shields for your shoes like the member said. You should just wear them and enjoy them.
Some creasing are just plain ugly on some jordan shoes, specially the tumbled leather.
Why have this bad crease when you can prevent it?

Sneaker shield is available through their website.. kintan kintan

Last edited:
@killuminati No, if you are going to do that you should use plastic because the cardboard moves around in your shoe and shreds into little pieces and it is hard to clean out. If you want sneaker shields, go to footlocker and buy them, they are about $10. Your shoe is going to crease anyway, so its pointless. Just wear them.
Okay then, thanks for the answer. Repped 
pimp.gif

I have force fields on my TB3's and they can only do so much to prevent creasing. It's not 100% proof, especially after some wears and a lot of walking. Never tried wearable shoe trees though. People say they're better, but at the same time, they are more expensive.

any tutorial? 
Did you try the other tutorials posted, because I'm pretty sure those would would work...pretty sure RIT would also help.

any tips for the stitched midsole guys? 
You didn't tell us what exactly you needed help with on the stitched midsole? Tips to clean, tips to remove it, tips to do what...?

But from the looks of it, those perforations/indentations from the stitches will be on the phylon midsole even if you remove the stitches. Only way to make them look normal again is to swap the midsole&sole. Don't know if those are yours or not, but stitching them was a really bad idea. They look wearable, but for me personally, I wouldn't.

Last edited:

Hey guys I've been reading through this because I have a few shoes that need some work. This is my most recent issue, the toecap on both shoes have separated but the rest is still intact.
I see that e6000 is recommended a lot here but would I just glue it back or should I remove the entire sole?

Hey guys I've been reading through this because I have a few shoes that need some work. This is my most recent issue, the toecap on both shoes have separated but the rest is still intact.
I see that e6000 is recommended a lot here but would I just glue it back or should I remove the entire sole?
Just reglue the part that is separating, no point in taking off the entire sole, it's literally pointless. It's like, you're goona have to reglue the toecap regardless, so why make it even more difficult by removing the sole and forcing yourself to spend time on a big issue when all you have now is a minor issue.

Not too sure if the shoelaces will work on the toecaps, might need to find another way to clamp the sole to the toebox.

Last edited:
Thanks a lot , and yea I'll have to figure out how to clamp it
Also might want to consider this glue since it's minor separation (less recommended  for major separation):

Works a lot faster, less problems with clamping. I think this would actually work really well for those toecaps.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom