:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

I am sure this has been answered a million times in this thread but is there any way to get the mesh on the 5's whiter when they start to yellow?

I Picked Up These Sz 10 Gammas In 1 Of My Citys FB Shoe Pages Up For 140 OG All ; Not Really A Fan But They Do Look Better In Person .. But Does Anybody Know How I Could Fix This ? Its Like A Hole In The Midsole Lol I Asked For Flaws & That Was The Only Major 1 But Didnt Tell Me ; Anybody Suggest How I Should Go About On This ? Or More Pics ?

Cool I'll look into it . I have some gorilla glue do you think that would work or should I stick with the super glue?
I would use a name recommended glue just to be safe.

I am sure this has been answered a million times in this thread but is there any way to get the mesh on the 5's whiter when they start to yellow?
What part of the shoe are you talking about? Not to sure what part of the 5 has mesh. If you're talking about the tongue, I think that is neoprene. If you're talking about the netting, yes, you can use salon care on that.
Has Anybody Lost Traction (Grip On Their Bottoms While Walking) Using Salon Care & Oxi Clean ? ..
From my experience, salon care mixture has not damaged the soles of the shoe for me.
I Picked Up These Sz 10 Gammas In 1 Of My Citys FB Shoe Pages Up For 140 OG All ; Not Really A Fan But They Do Look Better In Person .. But Does Anybody Know How I Could Fix This ? Its Like A Hole In The Midsole Lol I Asked For Flaws & That Was The Only Major 1 But Didnt Tell Me ; Anybody Suggest How I Should Go About On This ? Or More Pics ?
Can't really see the flaw in detail, picture is way to small and not that great of a quality. But if it's an actual hole, not really much to be done to fix it. You might be able to find ways to make it less noticeable or look better, but no easy fixes for that aside from swapping the midsole.

Did you try the other tutorials posted, because I'm pretty sure those would would work...pretty sure RIT would also help.

You didn't tell us what exactly you needed help with on the stitched midsole? Tips to clean, tips to remove it, tips to do what...?

But from the looks of it, those perforations/indentations from the stitches will be on the phylon midsole even if you remove the stitches. Only way to make them look normal again is to swap the midsole&sole. Don't know if those are yours or not, but stitching them was a really bad idea. They look wearable, but for me personally, I wouldn't.
is a midsole swap possible? i think i might get it from IE 11s. but the CF will be different. 

is a midsole swap possible? i think i might get it from IE 11s. but the CF will be different. 
It's possible, but I don't know if it would be worth the hassle. CF difference is really up to you and if you care. Do you own the shoe? Cause if not, I wouldn't even bother messing with it unless it was under like $50. It's just a real hassle to find another pair of 11's in the same exact size with a good midsole and to separate both of them, then swap them.

I've been looking a lot of OG&2000 concords lately and they pretty much consistently go for $170-200 shipped on eBay. Imo, it's about the same price to buy a good wearable pair compared to finding a donor and spending all that time to fix it (especially if you don't have the materials). It's just a hassle and we didn't even talk about the hassle of removing those stitches or  if the patent leather on the toecaps is damaged (assuming they stitched the toecap of the sole to the patent leather and it looks like they did). Don't know how it's goona look after you remove those stitches, might be damaged or might not be. Just seems like too much trouble.

Last edited:
@jwalker007 I would just wear them like that, at least they will never separate. They really don't look that bad
its not mine, but it just looks odd if its stitched. didn't cop it anyway

It's possible, but I don't know if it would be worth the hassle. CF difference is really up to you and if you care. Do you own the shoe? Cause if not, I wouldn't even bother messing with it unless it was under like $50. It's just a real hassle to find another pair of 11's in the same exact size with a good midsole and to separate both of them, then swap them.

I've been looking a lot of OG&2000 concords lately and they pretty much consistently go for $170-200 shipped on eBay. Imo, it's about the same price to buy a good wearable pair compared to finding a donor and spending all that time to fix it (especially if you don't have the materials). It's just a hassle and we didn't even talk about the hassle of removing those stitches or  if the patent leather on the toecaps is damaged (assuming they stitched the toecap of the sole to the patent leather and it looks like they did). Don't know how it's goona look after you remove those stitches, might be damaged or might not be. Just seems like too much trouble.
thanks for the tip, i would just pass on those

midsole swap is a nightmare.

if you gonna spend around 100 - 120 dollars to get a new sole to swap, i advise to wait that a good user pair of that gamma 11 face up here on the internet.

in the mean time you should rock those anyway

Hey guys, I need help urgently. Im doing a custom pair of Jordan 3s (using the crimson 3s as the base shoe). I used aceton to strip the midsoles, but the acetone got on the upper and back tab, and now the stains wont come off. Could I just paint over them without a problem? Or is there any way to remove the spots? As far as I know the upper isn't damaged.

Hey guys, I need help urgently. Im doing a custom pair of Jordan 3s (using the crimson 3s as the base shoe). I used aceton to strip the midsoles, but the acetone got on the upper and back tab, and now the stains wont come off. Could I just paint over them without a problem? Or is there any way to remove the spots? As far as I know the upper isn't damaged.
Post pictures for better advice, but I'm almost certain you'll be fine when painting over them. What you might want to consider is doing something like this just to make an even coat on the current spots before repainting them:

Upper should be alright, backtab on the other hand is rubber, so idk for sure, but I don't think it'll be a much of a problem.

Last edited:
Can anyone help me with this? The shoe and the sole are the same size but there is a space here Help?? Not glued on yet just lined up

Can anyone help me with this? The shoe and the sole are the same size but there is a space here Help?? Not glued on yet just lined up
old blk infrared upper with new white infrared sole?? 

the shape of the new midsole is different than the old. best you can do is try to clean up the old glue and dye the exposed parts.

Thanks, ill check the video out. Heres what they look like, the white spots are the aceton, it doesn't look as bad in person, the flash makes it look a lot worse. This is my first custom so it was my first time stripping the midsole paint

Thanks, ill check the video out. Heres what they look like, the white spots are the aceton, it doesn't look as bad in person, the flash makes it look a lot worse. This is my first custom so it was my first time stripping the midsole paint
Yeah I think lightly going over it with angelus paint and a cotton swab (like shown in the video) will be fine for the leather. Have you tried washing off the acetone on the backtab  with some hot water, dish soap + rag/towel? That might work.

I have only tried a damp rag with some cleaner I bought from Champs, I have Jason Markk coming in the mail, and Ill try what you said also, but you know what the weird thing is? The very second the acetone drips onto the upper, its already stained. You can get a drop on it and wipe it immediately, and the damage is already done. I need to be more careful.

Back
Top Bottom