:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

On the first post at the end what was used to clean the 11s? I have some concord six rings and need to know asap please.

^gotta be more specific. if you're talking about the mesh on the concords, then it's barkeepers friend. if the white midsoles, shoe cleaner. do the sixrings even have mesh?

^LOL... who knows..... They aint XI's...
tongue.gif

I need help...

1z6ds8p.png

qs9tap.png

4llocl.png

1tqvqp.png

OK, so I bought these off ebay in December, I would say 8/10 condition. I wore them about every other day for the last two months(couldn't help it theseare my 2nd grails
happy.gif
). After many wears these started to fall apart. Firstthe heal tabs and then the cracking in the plastic area where theres the Nike Air logo. I've tried gluing everything together, no luck.

I tired looking through the thread and never seen anyone else experience their heal tabs coming off the back of their III's.

Everything else on the shoe is fine. I can still wear these, its just that the plastic back will fall apart completely if I do so and I don't want that tohappen.

ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED!

Im not an expert at this........ but i think those are done man..... anybody correct me if im wrong.

andfattoo wrote:
Im not an expert at this........ but i think those are done man..... anybody correct me if im wrong.

They look done to me.breaks my hart to see those pics.
frown.gif

I need to clean up on my Flints 13s what do you guys usually use to clean the white areas like toebox

oh man, i cried when i saw you're cement iii's. my only question to you is what kind of glue did you use? if you haven't tried epoxy glue orgorilla glue, these might be a last resort to keeping your tabs on the shoes. that's only gonna help the main part of the tabs on the back heel. the topparts are done, can't help you with that.
^ usually i just used shoe cleaner with the brush applicator unless it's really dingy looking, then it's not going to help that much. maybe bkf? ifyou're gentle with it and apply it with a toothbrush, i think this could help you out. who knows unless you try. if it works for you, post some picsafterwards.

Need help with my bordeaux VII
there is a scuff on the front of both of them
anyone know how to get rid of them?or cover them?
and the sole might be starting to come off
help anyone?
PM with any suggestions!!

anyone know how to clean midsoles on the Jordan 1? I know alot of people including the original poster suggested using water and detergent/soap, but is it truethat water will make midsoles even more yellow? ANY help would be deeply appreciated.

Pimpjobu, i dont know if you answer this question or not, but can you clean the painted part of the cement IIIs with magic eraser?

^i used the magic eraser on the painted areas of both my mocha's and white cement's when i got them. my general rule of thumb is use shoe cleaner firstto see if it removes all marks and stains. if the marks are still there, then time to use the magic eraser. just got to rub over the painted area (assuming themidsoles is what you're talking about) and it will take it away. amazing what a little sponge can do for you for $3.00. now if i could only get a whitecastle on the west coast!
^^shoe cleaner, if not, then mr clean magic eraser. these items won't make the shoes yellow.
^^^ i wish you had some pics to see how bad those bordeaux's are. the scuff mark could possibly be fixed with a suede/nubuck eraser, but i wouldn't doit cuz of the age of the shoe. it might just tear it up. as far as the sole separation, use either shoe goo, epoxy glue, etc. can't recommend gorilla gluejust cuz how it hardens when it dries. so it would just crack on you when you try to rock them bad boys if you know what i mean. also, if the scuff is startingto become chipping on the materials, then there's really no way to fix this.
^^^^ i've never seen a sole swap on vii's. can you imagine how much time and effort it would take for this? unless it's for a pair ofbordeaux's or og hares, i would just stay away from doing that much of a project.

Hi! I have AJXX Anniversary Ed. I noticed that the black nubuck material in the toe box is becoming lighter than the other pair.

Any suggestions will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Thanks pimpjobu, cause i plan on buying some deadstock ones and i want to be able to make look brand new if they happened to have yellowed.

hope someone answers lol but im trying to store some of my shoes and i was wondering if wrapping them in plastic wrap is a good idea or not?? thanks

^from what i hear, that isnt a good idea. It doesnt allow the shoe to breathe so it ends up drying out the glue (so if you try to UN-DS them the soles willseperate). So just store them in a dark and dry place. Silica packs wont hurt either.

^^it will help remove some of the yellowing but probably not all of it. it's just a natural process with the oxidation effect. if it was white rubber soleareas, then i know you can use seaglow to help remove this. but anything that's painted or is hard plastic that's white in color will get stained byseaglow due to the chemicals it has. you're yellowing isn't as bad as others i've seen. but if the yellowing has already set in, it's a lotharder to remove since it's so deep within the affected areas. good luck andfattoo.
^my suggestion is go to lowe's or home depot and see if they can color match and see what colors are used. then go get the angelus paints with those colorsto mix. only thing i can think of that might help.

^ had the same problem with some thunder iv's i got( found out later they were fake, but got money back tho). most people told me to use fabric softnersheets to use. stuff them inside of the shoe to take out the smell. also, leave them outside for a while to let them air out. it makes it a lot easier to killoff the remainder smell left behind. also, you may want to try febreze to spray inside of the shoes. finally, get some cedar balls to throw inside of them andlet the cedar work its magic. your shoes should smell a lot better after trying out these suggestions.

Back
Top Bottom