:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

^^barkeepers friend is the best one out of the two to use. can be bought at wal-mart or target. you got to remember that barkeepers friend is a householdproduct just like comet. it has many uses like cleaning your bathroom. as far as buying sea glow, i listed a couple pages back where to find it. if in northernca, tap plastics carries the stuff. if not in northern ca, just google sea glow and you'll come across island girl products. buy the bigger bottle of seaglow and with shipping it comes out to around $30. will last you for a while.

Originally Posted by never wear them

WHAT CAN I DO. CAN I GLUE WITH A SPECIAL TYPE OF GLUE AND MELT IT TO ITS ORIGINAL PROPORTION?
7xkdulw.jpg

almost the same prob. just that mine are ripping from the tip that conects to the strap not the botom

can i glue it with my gilrs glue ???
(for her nails)

haha
thanks in avance

got the xis today and man are they beat lol
but hey 20 bucks for og concords
i couldnt find bar keeper's friend anywhere so i got rits
its in a green box and says whitener and brightener
did i get the right one?
and also how would a go about using it properly?
here are some pics of the shoes
355907287.jpg

355907290.jpg

355907289.jpg

the jumpman on the side isnt black anymore its a weird copper color lol
any idea on how to fix it and theres a gash in the midsole
how could i fix that
thanks in advance

also
the sole is seperating(sp?)
should i remove it completely and re-glue?
and could i remove the sole and seaglow em then re-attach?
seems like it would be easier

^I used Rit Color Remover on my Concords and got minimal but better results. I boiled water (some say to just bring the water to a simmer but I boiled it).Mixed the solution and brush it on my XI while avoiding the black tag. And air dried them. I used Rit for a second time and I think it made the shoe worst.

For the sole, I personally used Gorilla Glue. I did a sloppy job. I've yet to try if it will hold up.

I heard you can use Epoxy Glue and E-6000, you can get them at Home Depot or Lowes.

Good Luck on those Concords.

^I used Rit Color Remover on my Concords and got minimal but better results. I boiled water (some say to just bring the water to a simmer but I boiled it).Mixed the solution and brush it on my XI while avoiding the black tag. And air dried them. I used Rit for a second time and I think it made the shoe worst.

For the sole, I personally used Gorilla Glue. I did a sloppy job. I've yet to try if it will hold up.

I heard you can use Epoxy Glue and E-6000, you can get them at Home Depot or Lowes.

Originally Posted by bims92

^I used Rit Color Remover on my Concords and got minimal but better results. I boiled water (some say to just bring the water to a simmer but I boiled it). Mixed the solution and brush it on my XI while avoiding the black tag. And air dried them. I used Rit for a second time and I think it made the shoe worst.

thanks i tried the rit and its looking somewhat better
i completely removed the soles i'll re-attach this weekend after i buy some glue
do you know how much the glue you named costs?

Originally Posted by Souljaman22

Originally Posted by bims92

^I used Rit Color Remover on my Concords and got minimal but better results. I boiled water (some say to just bring the water to a simmer but I boiled it). Mixed the solution and brush it on my XI while avoiding the black tag. And air dried them. I used Rit for a second time and I think it made the shoe worst.

thanks i tried the rit and its looking somewhat better
i completely removed the soles i'll re-attach this weekend after i buy some glue
do you know how much the glue you named costs?

E-6000 costs about $4 or $5 at your local hardware or crafts store.

when u do the rit ur supossed to do it like he stated but after it dries go over them again with detergent with with hot water

i've had a bunch of people ask me how to get the back tab of their iii's white or somewhat clean again. well i just got a pair of mocha iii's todayand i'm going to show everyone what i did.
the bottom pic is how i recieved the shoes. they're pretty bad looking in the back besides the paint chipping on the soles. the top pic shows on theleft shoe what can happen when you use mr. clean magic eraser. the back tabs eat the crap out of the eraser getting it inside of the grooves but it's wellworth it after a couple of minutes. you got to figure for $3.00 this ain't too bad to help clean up the heel tabs. i hope this helps out anyone who hasthis problem and wonder what will solve this dilemma.

On OG columbias (maybe even retro columbias) is it possible to get rid of the yellowing the white patent? and how do you get rid of the yellowing on the meshlace holders?

^ i don't think there's anything that will remove yellowing from the patent leather from the columbia's. as far as the yellowing on the mesh laceholders, use barkeepers friend. same thing that you did for the tongue of the columbia's, do that to the lace holders. just put some on a rag and rub itin. i always wondered if you could use mr clean magic eraser on the patent leather? try that and see if it helps or not. if it does, let me know so i can pickup some yellowed columbia's for a new project.

I was thinking about buy a pair and the patent is yellowed. im guess your columbia's on your avy havent yellowed....... im guessing that yellowing is fromoxidation of the patent right?

^correct. the oxidation effect is what yellows the patent leather on them. yeah, mine haven't yellowed at all. i've been just lucky i guess, but i dowear mine around the house every once in a while. it's getting harder to find columbia's that haven't yellowed now but they're out there. ifthe price is right for the yellowed ones, it's worth a shot as a restoration project.

do you know what mr clean magic eraser actually does? I really hope it has the same results as the back tab of AJ III's

^i'm thinking that if it takes off all the build-up on the back tab of the iii's, then maybe it might be able to take out some of the yellowing in thepatent leather. i wish i had some that were yellowed to try this out. just only have the ones in my avy and a pair of beaters but they're still white butcreased badly.

Just a note on Gorilla glue. Gorilla Glue is used for wood and was not intended for use on rubber. It also expands somewhat and turns rock hard when dry andthus your shoes will be super uncomfortable to wear. With extended use the hard glue will break down and will most likely separate again.

Final results for my SeaGlow project. (Now granted, this is obviously with the help of some sun, but still, if you go back and see my other pics I posted inthis thread, it's crazy. I couldn't be happier.)

And here's a repeat of my previous pic after ONE session on the right shoe, while the left was untreated:

And I echo the sentiments above that the Rit stuff just didn't do the job for me. I had to use some regular clear gel cleaner from like Foot Locker to undosome yellowing it caused. Don't know what I did wrong.

Question for ya NT...

I bought a pair of the Old Love 1's off my lil brother for a decent price...they are not DS...

anyways, the white midsole on them has seen better days and I'm really looking for something to brighten them back up closer to their original white...

I've heard about throwing em in a pillow case in the washer but wasn't sure if this could be done for Old Love 1's or not...anyone who might knowplease help out...

Also, if they can't be cleaned in the way mentioned above...any tips?

Sorry I don't pics but the description is somewhat simple I think...

Thanks!!!

^sea glow comes in a bottle with a flip top applicator. just pour some on a paper towel or rag and wipe or rub it into the areas being treated. works onunyellowing clear soles and removing yellowing on white molded areas on shoes.

Back
Top Bottom