:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

All of my sessions were done outside. I Was reading a post somewhere that you can use reptile lights from the pet store. I haven't got any yet cause I've been getting good results from the sun.

All of my sessions were done outside. I Was reading a post somewhere that you can use reptile lights from the pet store. I haven't got any yet cause I've been getting good results from the sun.
you can use the HID lights that are used to grow...tomatoes. dont put the kicks too close with these though. theyre powerful and will emit alotta heat. u dont want sole separation. but if you need something as close as possible to being like the sun, they will definitely work.

Does anyone know how to get this stain/spot out on my Teal 4s? I tried a little water and it didnt work. It left a shiny sheen on the spot.

you can use the HID lights that are used to grow...tomatoes. dont put the kicks too close with these though. theyre powerful and will emit alotta heat. u dont want sole separation. but if you need something as close as possible to being like the sun, they will definitely work.
are these lights that are used to grow....... tomatoes better than using sunlight? it would help a lot during winter time in NY

are these lights that are used to grow....... tomatoes better than using sunlight? it would help a lot during winter time in NY
well, the way i see it, nothing is better than sunlight. and i say that because almost nothing can exactly replicate the rays the suns gives off. but IMO you can get darn close with those HID lights. they arent on the cheap side of the spectrum tho. but i suspect youd only need one, unless youre saucing your entire rotation/collection at once.

Anybody tried or knows a way how to re-saturate or any method to bring the color back of a toro 4s? thanks in advance!

I'll take the sun any day over a light setup cause you will get faster results. Monday I took them to work with me and put them on the roof of my car at 8. got in my work truck and returned at 4 and I could tell the difference. That's going to be system for getting my soles looking good this summer.

Sunlight is powerful here in TX lmao. I 'm going to have to get this year's sessions in this month before we hit the 90s. It's already hitting the mid 80s here North TX

I need some help for removing gasoline residue/smell from a shoe sole.

My NYC 1s was pumping gas at a station in the rain and there was some gas that mixed in with the rain water near the pump. I didn't notice until i sat back in my car, but my shoes stank of gasoline. Wore them the rest of the evening and next morning tried to clean with dish soap, lysol spray, oxy clean spray. It dulled the smell significantly but there is still a gasoline tinge to the soles.

Is there anything i can use to soak the soles/midsoles or a more heavy/industrial cleaner? I'm not too worried about getting it on the suede portion, will place each shoe in a tinfoil baking dish.

If anyone has any experience cleaning gasoline stains or smells, please let me know. Don't want to have to get rid of these or replace the shoes.

My NYC 1s was pumping gas at a station in the rain and there was some gas that mixed in with the rain water near the pump. I didn't notice until i sat back in my car, but my shoes stank of gasoline. Wore them the rest of the evening and next morning tried to clean with dish soap, lysol spray, oxy clean spray. It dulled the smell significantly but there is still a gasoline tinge to the soles.

Is there anything i can use to soak the soles/midsoles or a more heavy/industrial cleaner? I'm not too worried about getting it on the suede portion, will place each shoe in a tinfoil baking dish.

If anyone has any experience cleaning gasoline stains or smells, please let me know. Don't want to have to get rid of these or replace the shoes.
fill the toe of a sock with baking soda and tie it off. put that and your kicks in a big ziplock bag, or 2 separate bags. check everyday on the smell.

Last edited:

fill the toe of a sock with baking soda and tie it off. put that and your kicks in a big ziplock bag, or 2 separate bags. check everyday on the smell.
Do you think if i used baking soda paste/mixutre or baking soda based cleaner for the outside of the soles/rubber? 

i didn't think to use something that would eat/absorb the smell. So fill up the sock, leave in bag and bag partial opened? 

Thanks for info will try this out tomorrow and leave in shoes for a few days.

Do you think if i used baking soda paste/mixutre or baking soda based cleaner for the outside of the soles/rubber? 

i didn't think to use something that would eat/absorb the smell. So fill up the sock, leave in bag and bag partial opened? 

Thanks for info will try this out tomorrow and leave in shoes for a few days.
fill up only so the toe area of the sock is full since you only have a faint smell left like you said. tie the sock. put that into a ziplock bag along with a shoe. do this same thing with the other shoe too. im not sure if bag open or bag closed works better. leave bag open with 1 shoe and leave bag closed with the other shoe. when you check the smell once or twice you can try to figure out which is better.

help! i got champagne on my concords, whats the  best way to get it out?

Last edited:
Anybody tried or knows a way how to re-saturate or any method to bring the color back of a toro 4s? thanks in advance!
im not too knowledgable on the subject but i assume it would be a re dye process. im looking for a good reference video for you

Last edited:

give it a regular clean (soap and water) then if you need to whiten them more, i'd go grab a small bottle of salon 40 (small bottle is a dollar and some change) and use that. if you need to know how to use it lemme know and i'll post steps, it's easy.

Last edited:
I'm also researching on the nubuck material. Its cleanable yes, but what about restoring its color? Specifically for the toro 4s and its redness. Thanks! Will get more info about it, maybe it could also help others with their toro 4s color fading.

I'm also researching on the nubuck material. Its cleanable yes, but what about restoring its color? Specifically for the toro 4s and its redness. Thanks! Will get more info about it, maybe it could also help others with their toro 4s color fading.
yeah it would help me cause i dont like messing with my toros unless i KNOW im not messing them up. i wear them with care for now since i dont even put cleaner on them. most i do is givem a midsole wipe, other than that i watch my steps

yeah it would help me cause i dont like messing with my toros unless i KNOW im not messing them up. i wear them with care for now since i dont even put cleaner on them. most i do is givem a midsole wipe, other than that i watch my steps
what about creasing? I dont think the "damp towel and iron" method is safe for the nubuck. This is why Im careful with my steps as well. Anyway, thanks for the tips bro just watched a video about re dyes. Seems like its the only way.

what about creasing? I dont think the "damp towel and iron" method is safe for the nubuck. This is why Im careful with my steps as well. Anyway, thanks for the tips bro just watched a video about re dyes. Seems like its the only way.
mine havent really creased at all. i re stuff the toebox after every wear to push out the days creases. i hear the ironing method works on all material. 

This will almost certainly work. Would not recommend putting any type of hydrogen peroxide(salon care 40/50, retr0bright,etc.) on it, not necessarily because it'll certainly damage the shoe, because I don't know if it will, but I have never seen anyone ever put hydrogen peroxide on their shoe trying to clean it, especially on mesh (doesn't really make sense?). The Hydrogen peroxide solution is used for removing oxidation (i.e removing yellow rubber toecaps, plastic pieces on backtabs or clearing up soles,etc.).

Might want to whiten your mesh as well as cleaning it:

Stuff with socks to reform the leather:

Would only recommend ironing with flat white leather as explained here, use if you want to for other materials but at your own risk:

Originally Posted by ATDizzle  

Does anyone know how to get this stain/spot out on my Teal 4s? I tried a little water and it didnt work. It left a shiny sheen on the spot.
I see the flaw obviously, but what exactly is the issue? Is paint chipped off or is there a crevice/small indenture/hole? Most likely solution is to dab a very very small amount paint on there and then blend it in. Not exactly sure what type of paint that color is.

Last edited:

Got some Toro 4s in and personally tried the Jason Markk method of cleaning, Worked great, no color fading and no bleeding. You just have to use the premium brush and dry the brush to get as much water off as possible, also cleaning the foam off quickly after you clean the nubuck. 
Same here, nubuck has a few scratches and scuff as well. I've tried ti find help online but there isn't much. Looks like re-dying is the only option. 

Originally Posted by ATDizzle  

I see the flaw obviously, but what exactly is the issue? Is paint chipped off or is there a crevice/small indenture/hole? Most likely solution is to dab a very very small amount paint on there and then blend it in. Not exactly sure what type of paint that color is.
its not a paint chip or a indenture. its some type of stain. i rubbed it a little with water and it didnt come off. but now the little area where i rubbed it with water is now shiny.

Got some Toro 4s in and personally tried the Jason Markk method of cleaning, Worked great, no color fading and no bleeding. You just have to use the premium brush and dry the brush to get as much water off as possible, also cleaning the foam off quickly after you clean the nubuck. 

Same here, nubuck has a few scratches and scuff as well. I've tried ti find help online but there isn't much. Looks like re-dying is the only option. 
preciate you homie, gonna invest in some.

Back
Top Bottom