:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Help! I need to redye my suede on my doernbecher 6's but I can't fine the right color! What should I use? I need people with experience to help me! Thanks guys!!! Also, what is the best working sole sauce?

Help! I need to redye my suede on my doernbecher 6's but I can't fine the right color! What should I use? I need people with experience to help me! Thanks guys!!! Also, what is the best working sole sauce?
i cant answer the first thing but i use salon 40. it's only $3.95 including tax

Last edited:
A tide Clorox pen wouldn't get the stains out of those Concord mids, I use it all the time

1. let us know where you got your information from. that way people can post links for you to verify without posting the same sites you may have gotten your info from. if somebody posts the same site you got your info from, that doesnt help you verify anything. be more specific.

2. how hard did you try to look up the answer? i googled "jordan 5 lace length" and 1 of the sites at the top of the list is http://help-en-us.nike.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/16732/~/nike-shoelaces-size-chart. thats directly from NDC. i dont know if thats reliable enough for you.
UPDATE:

unfortunately the laces are shorter than what i needed.  i bought the size 54in te guide suggest that's best for shoes with 8 holes. this is what i was trying to do:

however, the laces i bought came from my job, and we only had the metal tipped ones and it was a real pain in the  getting them into the shoes. im content with them though since they where such a hassle to put in. but let this be a lesson to anybody buying replacement laces for the 5s: DON'T BUY LACES WITH METAL TIPS!  

(will upload photos in a while)

Last edited:
I don't mean to derail:

How can I clean dirt/gunk from durabuck? I put my Playoff 8's and Raptor 7's through it a while back. They've been bathing in dirt and soap and water won't do.

What would you guys recommend?

Thanks in advcance!!

I don't mean to derail:

How can I clean dirt/gunk from durabuck? I put my Playoff 8's and Raptor 7's through it a while back. They've been bathing in dirt and soap and water won't do.

Thanks in advcance!!
I know this won't help you for this time, but the best way to get a sneaker clean is to clean it as soon as it gets dirty. The longer you leave dirt / grime etc on a sneaker, the harder it is to get off. If you haven't already try some Jason Mark cleaner and one of their brushes. There is a video on YouTube that will show you how to use it. Good luck!

I've just copped a pair of 2001 Metallic 6 Low's that I'm restoring. The condition is awesome, the nubuck is decent and the soles are only a tad yellow (1-2 sessions with Sole Bright will get them gleaming again). The only problem is the toe cap on the right shoe has obviously gone through some trauma and the dude before me has glued it back on. The trouble is the guy has got glue all over the nubuck and not bothered to clean it off in time and just let it dry.

I tried to acetone a very small about of the glue which melted it away but unfortunetly has scorched the top layer of the nubuck. Any recommendations to get the rest off? Luckily I have some Jet Black Angelus dye that I can recover he small area that is spoilt but if you can help me get the rest off then that would be sweet.

I've just copped a pair of 2001 Metallic 6 Low's that I'm restoring. The condition is awesome, the nubuck is decent and the soles are only a tad yellow (1-2 sessions with Sole Bright will get them gleaming again). The only problem is the toe cap on the right shoe has obviously gone through some trauma and the dude before me has glued it back on. The trouble is the guy has got glue all over the nubuck and not bothered to clean it off in time and just let it dry.

I tried to acetone a very small about of the glue which melted it away but unfortunetly has scorched the top layer of the nubuck. Any recommendations to get the rest off? Luckily I have some Jet Black Angelus dye that I can recover he small area that is spoilt but if you can help me get the rest off then that would be sweet.
not too knowledgable but maybe do acetone on all of it then just repaint it.

EDIT: idk, maybe thats dumb...lol

Last edited:
Quick question, i need yalls opinions:

How do yall clean your patent leather what do you do to get it SHINY?

i learned the shaving cream method in the beginning and i've used it ever since with perfect results every time. (its simple just polish with the cream)

while that gives me a decent shine, what are other products people use to get that fresh out the box gleam?

Quick question, i need yalls opinions:

How do yall clean your patent leather what do you do to get it SHINY?

i learned the shaving cream method in the beginning and i've used it ever since with perfect results every time. (its simple just polish with the cream)

while that gives me a decent shine, what are other products people use to get that fresh out the box gleam?
One method

and another

Last edited:
Anybody know how to clean wax laces? My laser 4 laces is already dirty. The wax attracts dirty easily... Much appreciated.!

Hi all.

Anyone can Tell me how to make a super matte finisher ? I have matte with duller, it's ok but it leaves a bit dust/grey accent on the black.

So how Many duller I should put to matte finisher to make it good and durable?

And I think basic question :

How many layers of paint you usually put on your customs?

Thanks in advance.

No because i sell it for a living....
l.jpg

good luck with  your endeavor

Last edited:

l.jpg

good luck with  your endeavor
roll.gif

Salon Care 50 is extremely good for the cost and the amount you get. I would rather spend like $10 on a 32 oz. bottle that is already extremely effective (like 5x better than the 40 volume creme) than like $20-30 for a small :nerd:z-16.oz bottle that most of those dudes charge for their stuff even if it is slightly better. As always could even add seaglow and/or oxyclean to make the effect stronger to Salon Care. Only problem is that most people can't get the 50 volume creme. 
Hi all.

Anyone can Tell me how to make a super matte finisher ? I have matte with duller, it's ok but it leaves a bit dust/grey accent on the black.

So how Many duller I should put to matte finisher to make it good and durable?

And I think basic question :

How many layers of paint you usually put on your customs?

Thanks in advance.
No idea how to help to create an incredibly matte finish, never seen anyone try to do it. Matte Acrylic finisher is the lowest type of gloss finisher that Angelus offers. You might want to see if you could find other brands that offer an even more less glossy/matte arcylic finisher .

Layers of paint on customs depend on shoe and area of shoe. Depends on how you want the shoe to look as well. There are tons of tutorials on youtube, especially from Angelus themselves.
Anybody know how to clean wax laces? My laser 4 laces is already dirty. The wax attracts dirty easily... Much appreciated.!
The normal detergent/dish soap + warm water is always good. Bleach works incredibly well to take off stains on white laces, but I don't exactly know if it would affect the wax, I don't think it will, but use at your own caution if you want to

Always provide pictures for best advice. Acetone is probably the most potent and effective method to removing tough glue stains, but at the same time, because of it's potency, it often removes a lot more than just the glue when using it, especially on materials like nubuck,durabuck,suede,etc. You can definitely re-dye the spots that the acetone took off.

Glue stains can be really tough, especially the ones that have been stuck for a prolonged period of time, they show a method to remove glue from nubuck, but again, depending on how bad your glue stain is, it might work or it might not. A lot of times, they just won't come off no matter what.

Would also recommend you to try and google some home remedies to see if those work even if tutorials are for similar material like suede or durabuck.

e.g. http://www.howtocleanstuff.net/how-to-remove-excess-manufacturers-glue-from-shoes/

http://www.howtocleanstuff.net/how-to-remove-adhesive-from-suede/
I don't mean to derail:

Thanks in advcance!!
Might need a more potent soap. If you haven't, try laundry detergent or dish soap, they're a lot more effective than regular hand soap. You might also want to invest in a shoe cleaner, e.g. Refreshed, Jason Markk, Lincoln EZ Cleaner,etc.

Would recommend Lincoln EZ Cleaner for suede,nubuck & durabuck. Also use a brush, it works very well because you can scrub a lot of tough stains off if you scrub hard (but don't scrub too hard to the point it starts damaging the material). Sometimes stains just aren't going to come off from regular cleaning, if those persist, I would recommend posting some pictures and people can give their opinions on what to do.

You don't have to use Jason Markk, but this is from Jason Markk himself on how to clean nubuck/suede/durabuck,etc.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom